You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Good-looking Ghost In My Mom's Townhouse

Real Ghost Stories

Good-looking Ghost In My Mom's Townhouse

 

My parents have been divorced for twelve years now, and we've been living in a townhouse for eleven years. Shortly after we moved in (two-three months), I sensed something was different about this house. Something didn't seem to be quite right.

I brushed it off as being nothing, but a few months after I felt it, my mother told us that there was a ghost in the house. He was a tall, well-built man with red hair and beard and sparkling eyes.

When we would be away at my dad's (they have shared custody of us), he would appear to her often when she was in bed. He would lie down beside her when she was flat on her back, try to startle her when she was lying on her side or stand by her bed and look at her. She wasn't bothered by it, was smiling when she told us about it and told us that she only saw him once. She was walking up the stairs and he suddenly appeared, running up in front of her, laughing like he wanted to have a little bit of fun.

I found it a little creepy when she told us but soon came to accept it and I would wonder if he showed up when I would be lying in bed at the other house. She never saw him again but I can still feel something, as though he or another friendly entity is watching over us.

I hope none of you think I am crazy, I would simply like to know if anyone has experienced something similar.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amy262, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
you didn't confuse me, and he (the ghost) seems freindly, if you ever see him you should try to talk to him and write back
Amy262 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
He does sound friendly and I guess I confused a few of you in my story (I'm French so my English isn't always right 😊

If it explains it all, she knew he was there because she could feel him in the room. She could also tell by this feeling how close or far away he was.
franceque (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-25)
like luvparanormal said you mentioned that "she only saw him once", but you also said that "he would appear to her often when she was in bed. He would lie down beside her when she was flat on her back, try to startle her when she was lying on her side or stand by her bed and look at her"😕 clarification for this... Thank you.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Maybe you need to have a serious talk with your mother and get the facts straight. I have to agree with Surya... Much of what you said doesn't make sense. Since this sounds like a borderline incubus encounter, gathering the facts could be of great importance. Does your mother want things to go further? There are a lot of unanswered questions here, don't you think? 😕 Take care.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
I am a little confused. You indicated that it would lay next to your mom in bed and then you mentioned she was running up the stairs, but that she only saw him once?
I might have missed read it.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
😆 you being serious about the woman who bought the farmhouse, hahahaha sorry that is funny. Soory I did not mean to laugh it was the picture I got in my head. 😜
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Flirtatious is the word, and already almost at "2nd base," (i.e. In bed with her). Rent the movie, "The Entity." True story near my town, of two ghosts who hold down a woman, while the 3rd rapes her.
Yours was playful? Or a stalker? Sounds like...touching, is next, if he were to return. Don't you think?
You sure, your mom isn't just telling you he's gone?...People love admirers.
A popular actress on a morning show couple months ago, said she bought an old farmhouse in Connecticut, and that her fiance playfully chased her around the coffee table in front of the fireplace. Then her REAL fiance walked in. You never know who/what a ghost is. 😲
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
Hm, it sounds like he knows that your mom might be lonely now that she's on her own, so maybe he's trying to make her feel better? Either way, he doesn't sound like anything to be afraid of!

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: