You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Musical Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Musical Ghost

 

I play the piano, as do my father and brother. We have a baby grand piano in our living room, which is right off our foyer. The foyer has the staircase leading upstairs, which is where my bedroom is. Last night, I can't be sure if I was awake or not, but I heard a piano key be pressed down, then something like a few clicks or footsteps or something. I remember shivering and pulling the covers over my head, and then getting up to use the bathroom. I usually cover my alarm clock at night because the light bothers me, so I did not know what time it was. Then, I lightly heard another key. The keys were the notes A (flat?) and C. (Look them up) I ran into my parent room, both of them were sound asleep. I ran into my brother's room, both were again, sound asleep. Nothing on the piano close to the keys was heavy enough to trigger a sound. My house has a burglar alarm, but we do not use it often. We live in a fairly safe neighborhood, and for all I know, the only robberies in my town were planned.

This was either early in the morning, or late in the night. Everyone but me was asleep.

I can't really be sure what this was due to the fact the no one else but my family was in my house.

I also saw a bright light after that, and it looked like my christmas tree lights were plugged in. Then, I blinked and they were gone.

I am also a writer of short horror/ghost stories and I wonder if my believing in the paranormal has something to do with this. No one else in my family believes in ghosts.

Other hauntings by friendlyclown

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, friendlyclown, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-01-12)
Maybe by sharing stories it makes what ever entities around you more active. Since you can't be sure if it was a dream or real, it could have been a dream. Strange about the blinking lights though. I would have pulled the covers over my head too! 😨 Thank you for sharing your story.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-08)
Hello friendlyclown:)
I wish you are indeed friendly hehehe.

BTW, your last statement made me a bit skeptic of the authenticity of this story. When you said:
"I am also a writer of short horror/ghost stories and I wonder if my believing in the paranormal has something to do with this. No one else in my family believes in ghosts."

1. How sure that this story is not a part of your creative mind being a writer of ghost stories?
2. "I can't be sure if I was awake or not" what if you were really half dreaming and your senses were playing tricks in your head?

However, I am not totally invalidating that it was indeed paranormal.
1. Did anyone in your family experience as such, if it's really a paranormal incident?
2. Was there any other incident similar to this?
3. Was your baby grand piano bought as brand new or second hand?
4. Do you have a cctv so you can check if indeed someone or something might cause those piano keys sounds?

Looking forward to your reply:) Cheers!
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-31)
I enjoyed your story. Your fiction writing sounds intriguing. Love to read it as well. I have no explanation for your experience but it definitely sounds otherworldly.
Jellyjally (1 stories) (10 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-26)
Omg hi, I just read your experience. I would be so scared if I were you, but since the ghost/entity only played a few keys, maybe it was harmless. Do you have any pets, dogs or cats maybe that could've made the sound? Have you had any paranormal experiences before, or after this? Maybe it was the same ghost if you did...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: