You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hide And Seek And The Little Boy

Real Ghost Stories

Hide And Seek And The Little Boy

 

(All names in this account have been changed for privacy reasons)

My cousins have this huge property in a rural area, basically in the middle of nowhere. They have a huge farmhouse, a barn, stables, everything. Every year, for Thanksgiving, we (my family and I, along with other relatives) drive up to their place to celebrate. They have a huge house, and it has plenty of space for everyone.

It was weirdly really warm for November, like short-sleeves weather, so the parents expected us to play outside. The eldest cousin, who I'll call John, suggested we play hide and seek. Before we ran off, he pointed to the abandoned guest house and said that it was haunted. We snickered because John was a big liar and no one believed him. But, oh boy, he sure was right.

George, my aunt's son, who was my age, dared me to hide in the house. I looked at the dark, paint-peeled house. I didn't want to seem like a baby, so of course I went.

I creaked open the door and snuck in. I took a creaky, decayed set of stairs to the second floor and ran into the first room I saw. The floor was covered in some wet substance that smelled metallic (blood?) but, the only thing on my mind was hide and seek. I hid in a closet and sat down. There was a black cloak hanging in the closet, and I hid behind it. I was there for a good 15-20 minutes before I heard the door downstairs creak open.

A little boy giggled. I figured it was George, but then they started going upstairs. The footsteps stopped in front of my room. I froze, trying to stifle my laugh. But then the boy stepped in. He wasn't George. He was pale and covered in blood. He sat on the floor, giggling for what seemed like an hour. I couldn't look. Then it stopped. I ran out of the closet and floored it downstairs. I ran inside where my parents were about to call the police. I spilled everything. John gave me a look. "I told you not to!" He said.

Turns out the same thing happened to him when he was little.

Other hauntings by friendlyclown

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, friendlyclown, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-27)
I gather that you stayed huddled in that closet for an hour listening to that bloody boy giggle? You might have been paralyzed with fear, but I think a "fight or flight" reflex may have kicked in. I agree with the others in that being in that room for an hour with that boy doesn't seem long enough to have your parents think about calling the police - unless you were in there a long time before that boy appeared. Strange.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Hello friendlyclown,

I have nothing much to add to the previous comments, and can only repeat the same thing.

Well, since you could smell the stained blood in the house then whatever "bloody incident" took place seems fairly recent else old blood stains profoundly give off a strong decaying smell which is suffocating enough to stay.

Did you ever tried to find answer to this?

Any murder took place in the area or in the guest house to be in particular?

I believe John probably had some idea since he knew the place was haunted.

Hope you reply to the queries providing a little insight on this matter.

Peace
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Not meaning to be critical but some points of your narrative are highly questionable.

Like Lealeigh, I don't understand why your parents were ready to call the police if, it seems, it haven't been that long since you had been "missing".

Didn't they question your cousins about the last time and place where you had been seen?
Didn't George mention his dare?
Didn't some one suggest to organize a party and go looking for you?

You were lucky not only because you didn't get hurt after entering a place in such state of decay, but for surviving such a long and terrifying encounter without getting a heart attack.

I will appreciate your feedback.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Hello friendlyclown,

You were lucky not to fall through when you were running back down the stairs.

I was wondering: why were your parents already on the point of calling the police when you ran in the house? Were you gone for a long time?

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: