You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghostbusters-loving Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostbusters-loving Ghost

 

There's a family down the street from us. They have a boy my age and a girl a year younger than my sister. The boy and I used to be close friends when we were younger but we drifted apart, now talking when we see each other but nothing more. My sister, and his sister, though, are best friends. We'll call my sister C and her friend T.

Every year, the family has a 'block' party. They invite the whole street and friends of T and J (the boy) over. It's the Sunday before labor day and, after partying for a while, everyone goes to the local golf course that's only a street away and watch the end of summer fireworks. I normally dread going because I hate parties but I do get to hang out with one of my friends who live next door. My sister, on the other hand, loves it.

This past year, while I was with my friend, my sister, T and a new friend, who had just moved in a few houses down from T, and a whole year younger than T, all went up to T's room for a fashion show. T had her mom's phone to take pictures and have music and such. It's still early, bright, we had only been there for a while. C and T and their new friend try on a few outfits, having fun dancing to the songs and taking pictures when T suddenly has to go to the bathroom. She closes the music app, turns the phone off and places it down her bed, standing up and leaving to go to the bathroom, leaving C and L (new friend) alone. Since L was new, and my sister, who is the opposite of me and can talk to a stranger her age without worrying and being friends with over half the girls in her grade, decides to start talking to L. They talk for a bit.

Then, out of nowhere, the Ghostbusters theme starts playing. They both jump a mile into the air and turn to T's bed. The phone is on and playing Ghostbusters. While C and L are looking at it like it's going to blow up, T comes back in and hears the music playing. She asks how they got it because, first off, her mom didn't have the Ghostbusters theme song on her phone and second, she had a pin to get in that only her family knew. C and L tell her what happens and she freaks out, throwing the phone back on the bed. She had picked it up to turn off the music.

They all ran downstairs and tell T's mom, but she doesn't believe them and tells them to go play. They agree, but don't go back upstairs and leave the house, heading into the backyard to play, trying to shake it off.

Someone started that music and it wasn't anyone at the party. There was no way for anyone to start the music unless it was C or L and they had no idea how to get into T's mom's phone let alone pull up a song. But someone did and I have a feeling that it was a ghost. One who may or may not want to leave earth.

Other hauntings by Ghosts4ever

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghosts4ever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mel8763 (1 stories) (19 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-02)
Tweed, I agree a virus is more likely. I've read the book"Good Omens" multiple times, and it still cracks me up.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-14)
Hi Ghosts4ever,

If this was a ghost I think it has a good sense of humour. Seriously if I could pull that prank I would, bet it scores big bragging rights in the hereafter. Phones randomly stuff up so bonus points for a built in haunting cover. Pretty much the ultimate haunting cover up for the modernist ghost. Reminds me of this book with the justifiable long title Good Omens - The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter Witch.

Well, I just read this comment back and it sounds like I'm taking the mick. But I'm not, that's what I thought while reading your narrative. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed this immensely!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-14)
Hi Ghosts4ever, better rule out the possibility that T might have played a prank on C and L. Also, sometimes the smartphones aren't really smart and might have had a bug as silverthane said.

But difficult to brand it as a paranormal experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-13)
There exists many causes that could have produced this occurrence - and not all of them are paranormal. For instance, your phone could have picked up a bug that causes this to happen. I had to get a new phone because this happened to mine in the exact same way that it happened to yours. Check out your phone in the next few days. If it gets unnaturally warm, calls numbers for no reason, drops calls, runs out of energy really fast, plays unwanted music or videos - this could all be pointing to a cell phone virus. If not, then I would not know how to cleanse a cell phone and you would have to research that on your own.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-13)
Hello Ghosts4ever,

What an entertaining story! I can imagine you guys freaking out. I barely remember watching that movie in the 80's - I remember that song having a lot of saxophone...

Do you think that "T" might have been playing a trick on you guys? You did say that she left "suddenly" to go to the bathroom. All of the teenagers I know hold on to their phones like they are a life support system - and for many people, that is what they are. It seems like "T" threw the phone down on the bed and got the heck out of there.

Well, whatever it was, I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing it.

- Maria
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-13)
Greetings, Ghosts4ever.

You clearly stated that, "her mom didn't have the Ghostbusters theme song on her phone" in your story. This does leave the obvious question about the phone: Was "Ghostbusters" set as a ring tone on the phone? Of all the uses for a modern phone, I find that teenagers seldom use the device *as* an actual telephone.

Just trying to rule out the obvious alternative explanations,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: