You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Loving Auntie

Real Ghost Stories

A Loving Auntie

 

I am writing this story on behalf of my mother who would kill me if she knew I was writing this as she is very skeptical about anything paranormal, but this is a genuine experience she had four years ago when my great Auntie died of mouth cancer.

My mother and her Auntie Joan were always very close, she was my Nan's sister who had married my Great Uncle Richard who was Dutch so Joan moved to Holland and spent many happy years there.

About six years ago now when Joan was in her late 70's she was diagnosed with mouth cancer even though she had never smoked a single cigarette in her life. The whole of our family were devastated My mom and Nan especially, It took its toll on my Nan as she knew she would never see her sister again as my Nan was too ill and too old to travel to another country to say her goodbyes.

Two years later my mom received a phone call from her cousin Joy to say Joan was near passing and wanted to see my mum before she went (my auntie wanted Euthanasia which is legal in Holland) So my mother went and spent two weeks with Joan, but it wasn't until a few days after returning that Auntie Joan had decided to go.

Here's the really weird bit the night before she died my mother has told me she was in the bath and she reached over to get a flannel from the sink looked down on the floor and swears she could make out the face of Jesus she absolutely swears by it to this day that's what she saw. I know that might sound like a ridiculous claim but my mother wouldn't go against her beliefs as a skeptic and tell me this. Now take into account my Great Aunt was a straight up catholic and always went to church and was very much a believer in God, all our family are a part from we are church of England.

My mom was very much spooked by this, after a few seconds it had disappeared and we received a phone call the next day to say my Great Auntie had passed.

I can honestly say what my mother claims is absolutely genuine, I have no reason not to believe her. I truly think that it was a final blessing from my Great Aunt before she left us.

I really hope you found this interesting.

Other hauntings by misfitsdoll

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, misfitsdoll, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
First of all, I hope your great Aunt rests in peace. I think this was a message from your Aunt and she was coming to see your mum before she passed over and went to heaven. I also think she was coming to see your mum before she left because your mum couldn't get there to see her. Thank you for sharing your story. Hetti x
misfitsdoll (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
Thankyou so much for your comments Frawin and Chris B, I agree with you that this wasn't a sign from God but a sign that my Aunty was going to heaven and that Jesus was looking over her.

Now I believe in heaven more than ever:)

Hope to hear from you soon, Penny (misfitsdoll)
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Hello misfitsdoll. Thank you very much for sharing this story with us, I found it very interesting. I have heard of such things happening around the time of someone's death. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Wow!What a touching story. I feel very sory for you and your entire family for the loss of your great Aunt. I am a believer in God and maybe this wasn't a sighn from god but From your Aunt. I think she wanted your mom to know that she was going with the Lord. You must remeber that it is a great feeling to know that a family member is going to heaven and your mother got a direct sighn from her. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: