You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Message From A Loving Auntie?

Real Ghost Stories

Message From A Loving Auntie?

 

It has been about thirteen years since my Aunt Eileen passed on. Needless to say, I think about and miss her everyday. One of her biggest regrets was that she wasn't going to see me grow up; it's so heart breaking.

In December, my school held a Winter Formal before the Winter Holidays began. This was a pretty big deal for my school because it was like a winter prom; everyone dressed up and all of that "good" stuff. That evening when I was getting ready, all I could think about was my Aunt and how she would've been helping me get ready instead of my brother who was getting ready himself. My date arrived a little early; this made the thoughts about my Aunt even stronger and even started to make me a little depressed thinking about how she wasn't there to meet my date.

As all these sad thoughts ran through my head, the phone rang. I answered and what the lady at the other end said kind of made me wonder. She said, "Is this the Garrick residence? I was told by a lady named Eileen to phone here..." I was shocked! How coincidental was that?! I told the lady that we don't know anyone by the name of Eileen here (no one in this world anyway) but she kept on insisting. I told her that if this Eileen person called again to tell her to just call here herself. Boy did I set myself up.

I hung up the phone and put the finishing touches on my hair. We were about to head out when the phone rang again. I was tempted to just let it ring and leave, but something told me to answer. I picked the phone a little reluctantly and said "hello". It was very static-y and almost inaudible. I grew somewhat frustrated and again said hello. After the second hello, I heard it, a voice. It was faint, "Hey! Have fun! Love you!" then the line went dead. I was so shocked! I hung up the phone and grabbed my brother and date and dashed out of there.

That night I had a lot of fun. It was one of the best Winter Formals I went to. I'm thinking it was my Aunt that wanted to make contact with me to cheer me up.

Does anyone have any comments, suggestions or concerns?

Other hauntings by Umi_Tamashii

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Umi_Tamashii, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
This was a truly wonderful story! I lost my Grandfather in 2006 and since then I have been getting signs that he is around. Your so blessed to have such a loving auntie who even in death cares about you so much to call you and wish you a great night. Thank her and keep communicating with her because I'm sure she will always and forever communicate with you. God Bless
BabyBoo (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
I found both this story and Tonith's comment fascinating. About a week after my Mom died I also had a dream (although it seemed so real) that my Mom called me. I heard the phone ringing and I picked it up. It was my Mom. She said my name and then said she was just calling to let me know that she was fine, had arrived safely, and that she loved me. Then that was it. The phone went dead. What was really strange was that there was a delay each time she spoke like you sometimes get when someone is calling from overseas and static on the line.

I told my husband about the dream and he didn't say anything for a minute and then asked me what the caller ID said? I didn't even think to look. 😁

Umi, I'm sorry that you lost your Aunt and Tonith, your Mom. Stories like yours help my belief that there is another side and we will see our loved ones again.

Baby Boo
twilightfan (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
I think your aunt does love you very much and you should know that family is always with you:D
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
It is always nice to hear from people who we loved and had gone to the otherside. I always love reading these stories. These are stories that shows us the truth. That there is another side. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Umi_Tamashii (3 stories) (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Just want to thank everyone for the comments! 😁 To Tonith, that's a really interesting experience you had with dream communication. I had something like that too, with the same Aunt. I was in Japan and I felt homesick. That night in my dream, she told me everything would be alright, that's all she kept on saying over and over. Then I woke up with a assured feeling. And she was right, the rest of my time in Japan was awesome! So yes, the more I think about it, people from beyond can communicate with us. Anywho, take care ❤
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Glad to see that everyone has a good perspective on this situation. And Tonith, you mentioned a story about a guys wife burried with her cell phone, where did you read that story at? It sounds like something I would like to read. Thanks 😁
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
The fact that you didn't hear a click like when someone hangs up on you says a lot to me. Had it been a real person calling you would have heard that click. I think she just wanted you to know that even if she is not with you in the physical world she is alive and well in the next dimension and is able to bridge that gap. I had a dream that my mother called me a few days after her death. She said "I just wanted to let you know I'm home now" and then the phone just went dead. I didn't think much of it except being a reaction to her sudden death and chalked it up to a grief. It wasn't until I read about the (no click theory) that what I experienced was no doubt more than a dream but a dream communication from a departed loved one. You actually got the phone call in real life which to me is more than enough proof that our loved ones can and do communicate with us from the other side if we are open to it. Just read an article about a guy whose wife was buried with her cell phone and she has been calling him since her passing. I know spirits can and do manipulate electrical devices and phones seem to be fair game as well. I hope what you experienced brings you comfort I know it did with me and mine was not as profound as yours.
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
Death can not stop real love, it just makes it a little more difficult to show, but when it matters things happen. Maybe she did get to see you grow up after all, she just couldn't be there with you as it happened.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
You say the line went dead. More astonishing is that the line was more alive than you could have expected. Now you know! Keep those lines of communication open!
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
That's an amazing story, I strongly believe that was deffinately your aunt. Things we can't explain and come unexpected like that are the things that keep us going, knowing that someone is still watching over us:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: