You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Curly Brown Haired Old Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Curly Brown Haired Old Lady

 

This happened a long time ago, when I was really little but is one of the few things I actually remember (due to ptsd)

I was at my aunt and uncle's old house and was sitting on the couch with my cousin when I looked out the window. I saw an old lady with curly brown hair and some grayish streaks. She had a soft glow if I remember right. I stared for a minute then turned to my cousin and I said "I have two grandmas" because there was something telling me she was my grandmother on my dad's side of the family.

Though, looking back I have only seen one picture of my grandma and she didn't look anything like that, when she died she had long curly black hair and was young, whereas the woman was old and had short curly brown hair.

I had waited for the woman to come in but she never did, I was rather confused at the time but never brought it up. Not until I was 12 or so and my family gave me warnings and told me not to try to speak to her if I saw her again.

I haven't seen her since but I have felt like I'm being watched 24/7 nowadays. Though I can't help but wonder, can ghosts age, or was that really just someone else and if it was then who? Why did I feel like I knew them? Why haven't I seen them? Where are they now? Was it just my imagination? All questions I may never get an answer to. Though I am not exactly sure what is real and what was a dream anymore.

Have a good day I hope you don't have a traumatizing experience that makes you question reality! Feel free to comment theories and stuff.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ray-Ghoststory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-05-03)
Hi Ray-Ghoststory

Thanks for responding. There's a distinct possibility that the figure you saw was a deceased loved one who had passed over but who was / is still around you guiding you.

If it didn't scare you and you felt like she was very familiar, like a Grandmother, then maybe you knew her from somewhere?

You described some PTSD from your childhood. Maybe she wanted to appear to you to at that difficult time of your life to reassure you that you are never alone?

To me, my opinion on your family's (to me, unhelpful) reaction, is that they are / were possibly less "spiritual" and more "superstitious".

Superstition generally is based on ignorance, dated misconceptions and fear, whereas spirituality is more a knowing (as much as can "know") of the true, underlying essence and nature of existence.

Regards

Mack
Ray-Ghoststory (1 stories) (1 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-05-03)
I don't know how to reply to comments but the answer to the questions, most of my family is very spiritual and don't want to risk me trying to talk to spirits and getting in dangerous situations. I'm pretty sure it was a ghost seeing as it was in the backyard and made me feel like I knew it and stuff.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-05-03)
Hi Ray-Ghoststory

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you suffered from PTSD as a child. I hope you are recovering.

For me this encounter raises two questions; one is can you be sure what you saw was indeed a spirit / ghost?

And secondly, as Rajine pointed out, why would your family, after 12 years, say you shouldn't talk her if you saw her again? Can you please give us more details on that aspect?

Did they say why? Were they just superstitious or afraid or did they recognise the lady from your description?

Regards

Mack
Rajine (14 stories) (775 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-05-03)
Hi Ray-Ghoststory

What I find strange is why would your family warn you against interacting with the spirit you encountered, did they give you any explanation, usually if a kid has to bring up seeing a ghost with the elders they just brush it off as a kids imagination etc.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-05-03)
"can ghosts age...?

Perhaps she took such appearance in order to make sure you would see her like a grandmother.

It's sad though understandable that your family wouldn't want any further interaction with the spirit.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: