You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Haired Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Haired Girl

 

I don't know exactly when I stared seeing and feeling the spirits of the dead, but the first time I remember it happening I would have been around 12 years old. It started a few weeks after we moved house, I started feeling uneasy when I was on the landing and the stairs. I didn't tell my mum how I felt and kind of assumed that it was just because I was in unfamiliar surroundings.

As time passed, I would still feel uneasy, as if I was being watched; however, I also began to see shadows moving from the bottom of the stairs heading across the passage and into the living room. I would see this shadow both when I was alone and when others were in the house. I should say at this point that as young as I was I was very interested in paranormal events but didn't really understand much about it.

As I grew older, maybe around 14-15 years old, I didn't feel the same sense of unease in the house, but I did still feel that the same spirit was still present. I developed a strong feeling that this was a young girl. By this time, I had spoken to my mum about the feelings I had and the shadows I had seen. As it turns out, she had also felt like someone else was in the house. Around the same time my family life had taken a turn for the worse. My stepfather was drinking a lot and would come home and cause arguments with my mum.

One night when I was around sixteen, my mum and step dad were again arguing loudly downstairs. I found myself sitting at the top of the stairs, just I had done many years ago before my mum and dad divorced. I remember feeling the same girl's spirit around me at the top of the stairs, the same spot where I had felt her originally. I didn't feel scared or uneasy, I just remember being glad that I wasn't alone. The feeling was so strong that I turned around and saw the girl sitting cross legged on the floor behind me.

This wasn't a fleeting sight, she sat there with me for a few minutes. I remember exactly how she looked. She had dark, wavy hair, which fell to about her elbows and she was wearing an old fashioned white nightgown. I looked away when I heard the kitchen door open. My mum was on her way upstairs and I didn't want her to know I'd been listening to them argue. When I stood up and turned to go back to bed, I couldn't see her anymore.

I felt the girl's energy around me until the day I moved out and would see her on the landing now and again. I always felt like she just wanted to be friends, never had any reason to feel fearful.

After I moved out, I was talking to my mum about the incident at the top of the stairs and that's when I found out that my row of terraced houses was used as a 'field hospital' for miners of the local mine and their families.

I think the girl may have died in the hospital and just hasn't moved on yet. I really wish I had known more about the paranormal when this was going on. I wish I could of helped her and I think about her often, even now, nearly ten years later.

I would love to hear your opinions on this experience and I'll be posting more recent experiences soon

Thanks x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sensitive_storm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
I think just through your acknowledging her, you probably helped her... She sounds conscious as opposed to a residual haunting. Also, you don't need to be directly within the vicinity of the haunting to state your intention to help her cross over. A friend of mine does distance cleansings and exorcisms for people who don't know how to...there's no geographical separateness on the astral plane. You could light a new candle, visualise her and ask that she be helped and guided into the light. That she be protected crossing over. Make sure you visualise a protective circle around yourself, any kind of magickal work requires protection. And harmless or not, you want her crossing over, not attaching herself to you. Let the candle burn somewhere safely through the night, leave an offering to spirit also, wildflowers or fruit is what I usually give. Bury the remains of the candle somewhere beautiful, beneath a tree maybe. Hope this helps.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
Hi sensitive_storm, welcome to YGS.

Did this girl ever interact with you, or did you just see her almost going about her daily tasks?

Thanks for your post๐Ÿ˜Š
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
hi, sensitive storm
Very heart touching story. I hope you can help her to leave this earth peacefully.

God bless you.
Regards,
Sheetal โค

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: