You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whispers And Jingles

Real Ghost Stories

Whispers And Jingles

 

Here are three paranormal experiences that I have experienced in the past year.

One day while my little cousins were at my house, we went into the backyard to play. I was enjoying the fall colors when I heard a whisper. It either said, "I'm here", "Over here", or "Over where?" It was a man's voice, probably about 20 - 40 years old.

When I looked in the direction of the voice, there was nobody there. It most definitely wasn't my uncle's voice, and there were no other adult men there either. I could feel this apparition's voice on my ear.

A few days later, I told my cousin Tait (other side of family) about it. She said that one day when she was playing outside, she heard a man's voice similar to what I heard say, "No".

Another sort of paranormal experience was when me and Tait were recording a YouTube video. We were doing one of those 'slime challenges' where I was blindfolded and my cousin had to direct me to the ingredients. While I was pouring in one of the ingredients, I asked, "Is this enough?" and heard a reply, "Add more". That wasn't my cousin, though this voice was probably a younger girl's voice. Probably the same age as my cousin. The weirdest part about it was that the voice came up on the video audio. Here's a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTbOIXNJazQ at the time mark of 8:52

The most recent paranormal experience I had was two nights ago. Me and my mom were laying in bed, we had all the windows open because it was very hot in our house. It was late at night. No wind, no rain, not even a breeze, and everything was super quiet when all of a sudden, both my mother and I heard this jingling noise. It sounded either like someone's car keys or some bells.

My cat started growling when we heard it. So we got up, went to the bathroom, and went back to bed after the jingling stopped. We were thinking, maybe it was someone with their car keys? But there wasn't a single sound of doors opening, cars starting, or anything. And we would have heard it because it was so quiet outside. It was especially scary because my cat started growling. He NEVER growls.

The only reasonable scenario would be that it was someone's pet that my cat didn't like. But, as I said earlier, we didn't hear any door open or close, so there wasn't anyone letting their pet outside. Plus, I didn't hear any footsteps or walking accompanied with the jingling.

I came here to ask if you people know of any folklore or mythology that matches with jingling noises or if you've had any similar experiences.

The only thing I could find about spirits and ringing sounds was that in different religions people used bells to get rid of evil. If you know what the heck it was, please let me know!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KittenscanFly2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Theclairaudient (1 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-07-12)
I had a similar experience two years ago. I was living alone and I had always felt a presence in my apartment from the day I moved in. I was getting ready to take a shower before bed and I left my bath towel in my room. So I came out of the bathroom to go to my bedroom which is directly across the hall. I didn't remember closing my bedroom door beachside I had just exited it to go and shower. So I turned the knob Nd the door was locked to my surprise. (I never lock or close my bedroom door for a shower). So I tried to twist the knob twice and it felt as if someone was holding the knob from the other side. (Again, I was living alone so I know no one was in there. I turned the knob a third time and the door easily opened as if someone had unlocked it. So I was puzzled but I went ahead and got my towel and got in the shower. After getting out of the shower and settling for bed. I tried lying down to go to sleep. I had no upstairs neighbors and my next door neighbor lived alone and I knew he wasn't home, as he worked 12 hour shifts. So as I start to doze off I hear knocking on my walls that woke me. I chalked it up to the fact that maybe I was just tired and maybe imagining things. As I dozed off a second time. I hear keys jinglin as if someone was walking around my bedroom with keys. I sleep lightly so I immediately awoke. Only for the jingling to stop. As I slowly dozed off again I heard someone say wait or woah, I couldn't really distinguish. And I immediately heard the keys again this time it was as if it was right next to my bed so I awoke to the sound and a 5 foot black shadow with a top hat and a staff in it's hand standing over the side of my bed. After I saw it, it stayed there for 2 seconds only to disappear with the jingling sounds. I don't know if this is the same thing as you experienced but this was not the end of the eerie things that took place in that apartment. This thing started to oppress me so much I had my landlord to move me to another apartment.
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-06-13)
Kittens, it sounds as if your mom didn't want to scare you with those stories about the previous tenant and the "door to nowhere". Now that you're moving, she figures it's no harm to tell you about it, I am assuming. And it sounds like she believes in the supernatural, too, so I am glad she doesn't just dismiss your feelings and experiences as a kid with a wild imagination. It's good to be validated by your mom, even as you try to debunk these things.

Good luck with your move and I hope the new house is much quieter! 😁
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-10)
Kittens, that's pretty wild about your apartment. You definitely sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and you also know how to have some fun with goo (that's what my daughter calls it). Wish I could tell you how much glitter and glue she had stashed in her bedroom awhile ago.

Good luck to you and your mom in your new place. Be careful and stay sassy!
KittenscanFly2 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-10)
Ok so, my mom just told me now, after living here for like a year, that there was a man slowly going crazy in our rental before us. Wow. This man slowly started taking apart the bathroom. Completely. The neighbor told the landlord that he might be unwell. So after he stopped paying rent, he had to be evicted. I have no idea if he's still alive or not, but I found that very suspicious. And now, my mom is telling me that there used to be a door in the basement. The door didn't lead anywhere, just to a wall, so the land lord removed it. I have no idea why my mom didn't tell me this earlier. But wow.
KittenscanFly2 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-10)
MrsRamsay, don't worry, "I am as dead on the outside as I am inside. RIP 2020" would be considered internet humor, it can be sort of dark. And I found it interesting that you saw a shadow appear next to my elbow. I do agree that if this spirit is a little girl, they would want to be a part of whatever me and my cousin were doing. And my mom has given me the clear for posting YouTube videos. I know how to be safe from people on the internet. The internet can be a dangerous place.

Jubeele, The only other person in the house was my mom, and she was in the bedroom. It's interesting that my pet cat moved when the voice was heard. The place that I'm staying at is actually a rental. So I'll ask about past renters and owners to the land lord. Me and my mom actually have recently bought a house, and will be moving out soon. (I wonder what spirits could be in our new house!). I do live in a strange neighborhood, so it could be likely that someone started ringing chimes. Thanks for the links.

Rajine, it is only me and my mother living here. I'll definitely search around to see who used to live in this place before me.

I'll keep you all updated on what I find.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-01)
Also just wanted to add, your writing is very mature for your age, congratulations on that. You must be a very good student!
MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
3 years ago (2021-06-01)
Hi Kittens,
As a mom of a girl about your age, I understand how boring this year has been and wanted to say congrats on your creativity. I watched a lot of your You Tube and had an observation and a question.

First, at about 5:15 on the video, a message "I am as dead on the outside as I am inside. RIP 2020" comes on the screen. Since you've inserted other cute fonted writing in your video, I'm assuming that is your work also. What does it mean? It's a little spooky to me because it doesn't match what you and your friend are doing at all!? Frankly, it seems like a bit of a cry for help, or intentionally trying to be scary despite your activity. I don't mean to put intent in for you, just relaying how it impressed me when I saw it. Can you explain?

Second, I was trying to replicate something I saw at the 8:52ish mark, but was unable to. When I slowed down your video, to half motion and then even slower, there is an anomaly sort of forming on the wall just behind your right elbow. First it looks like a blur coming and going, barely. Then it looks like the shadow of your elbow when it pops up, but I cannot seem to find the same thing anywhere else in the video, even though your elbow pops up a lot. One can see your vague shadow on that wall when you move throughout the video, but it's a much lighter brown vs. This short black shadow figure. Because you have on a black sweater, it really does look like the shadow of your elbow, until you play it back very slowly and you see it pops up and then back down BEFORE your elbow goes back down. I don't know what it is, but the pretty colored glitter slime you were making was probably very intriguing, especially if it's a little girl.

If I were you though, I would not acknowledge it in any way. I hope at your age, you will tell your mom if you haven't already and be careful posting videos of yourself on line. I do not think you should be concerned, but just do not engage.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-29)
Hi KittenscanFly2

I'd admit that my first thought was: it's your cousin. But when I replayed the video from 8:50-8:54 a few times, I saw that her mouth was closed at the time. The voice sounded a bit like her to me, but slightly higher in pitch; maybe a "younger girl's voice", as you said. Is it possible there was another person nearby, whom you didn't notice, watching you off-camera? I did notice that the black cat behind the device shifted position at the same time the other voice was heard. Not sure if it was reacting to some other presence in the room.

Are you able to find out about the history of your house? For instance, who used to live there? Did they include a man and a young girl? Could it be someone or something mimicking your cousin's voice, taking an interest in your activity and wanting to join in?

Your cat's reaction to the jingling bells was interesting. I tend to trust more the instincts of animals, as they have sharper senses than ours. The growling does seem to indicate that the cat felt threatened at the time. Whatever it was, it was unsettling enough for your mother and yourself to seek refuge in the bathroom until the jingling stopped.

Maybe the jingling sound was wind chimes. In many cultures, sound plays an important part in spiritual matters and many places of worship use bells, music, singing and chanting to dispel negative energies. In Chinese feng shui practice, wind chimes have been used because they have a pleasing sound and create a happy environment. My family has conflicting views of their effect though. I had an aunt who believed that wind chimes chase away evil spirits, while my mum is of the view that they attract spirits who like their sound!

Perhaps something nasty was lurking around that night, and someone used the sound of jingling chimes to chase it away? Or were the chimes like a warning for you to be on your guard? Just a few thoughts that came to me when I read your account. Take care and stay safe.

Https://ezinearticles.com/?The-Myths-and-Beliefs-Surrounding-Wind-Chimes&id=5851105
Https://www.outofstress.com/spiritual-meaning-of-wind-chimes/
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-28)
Hi KittenscanFly2

Firstly I'd like to say very interesting experiences, apart from you and your mum who else lives with you? Also the house you living in, were there any other previous owners who perhaps passed on in your house? If so I'd guess the voices you and your cousin heard could be them.

As for the jingling sound you heard I'm also stumped about what it could be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: