You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Mom Let Me Know!

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom Let Me Know!

 

So my mom passed last year. A quick back story, my mom and I were never super close until about 4 years ago. She moved to Georgia the summer of 2018 and I moved to Florida in September the same year (3 hours away). My husband and I were able to visit several times.

She passed May 5, 2020 during COVID and no one was able to go see her in the hospital. The last thing she said to me that I could understand when I spoke to her last was that she was sad that LJ (her BF) was not there with her. I know she was afraid to die and no one wants to die alone. I did have the nurse hold the phone to her to tell her my sister and her grandchildren and LJ and all her friends love her and that if she needed to go, then go. It sucked and my heart goes out to anyone who lost someone during the pandemic and could not see them, we didn't even get to see the body as she wanted cremated.

My husband and I recently went up to see LJ and visit my mom's grave. She had given me a Pittsburgh Steelers bracelet a while back and I wore it that day along with my shirt and shoes. DIE HARD FAMILY. It is cloth over what I assume is a light plastic. Anyway, we had a great day.

The three of us visited her first and took her dog Shadow. I found a beautiful butterfly broach that we attached to her stone. She loved nature and all things in it (except snakes and spiders LOL). My husband bought mulch and did her big flower garden up all nice. I knew she was happy that day as we promised to look after LJ. I was still sad that she died alone.

When we were on our 3 hr drive home and about halfway in, I realized my bracelet was GONE. I had only brought my wrist-held wallet (a small zipper wallet with a hand strap attached) which I did have on the wrist with the bracelet. I looked everywhere in the car and was devastated that I had lost this bracelet. If you knew my family you would know it was a big deal for her to give me HER Steelers bracelet. So we went home and searched again. I took my wallet in the house and we went to bed.

The next morning I woke up to get ready for work. I grabbed my actual purse to take to work as all my work keys and such are in there. I had thrown my wrist-held wallet in my purse when we got home the night before as I had to take all the cards and such back out to put in my everyday wallet. When I pulled it out to change everything over, my bracelet was attached to this wrist wallet that I carried in the night before and I knew it was NOT there.

I cried with excitement and called my husband at work to tell him. He said that my mom did that so I knew that she knew we had been there. I believe that for sure!

It brought some type of peace to me to know that she gave me a sign that she knew I was there and more than that, I believe it was her way of telling me it is all ok and she is at peace.

Other hauntings by Piperasc

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Piperasc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pinaynay (14 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-22)
Im sorry for your mother there were lots of same cases here in our country, can't see the deceased love one bec of covid issues, truly very sad. May her soul rest in Gods care now. Amazing story about the necklace. Thank you.
Piperasc (5 stories) (19 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-14)
ScareTale That is great. I love hearing that the deceased has come to make contact. It makes us feel a comfort to know that they are still here, and to actually have an "interaction" with a loved one is just a peace that can not be explained. Thank you for sharing your dad's experience. 😁
ScareTale (8 stories) (14 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-09)
It's hard losing someone. And I love hearing stories like this.

That said, my dad had something like that happen to him. My dads Native American and as such is very involved in Native things. He became very close friends with another Native many years ago.
In 2007 his friend had a massive heart attack. Being Native they held a ceremony to honor his life. My dad put on his regalia but couldn't find what's called a medicine pouch that his friend had given him. It made my dad sad he'd lost it. The next morning he found the pouch sitting on his nightstand next to the bed. It made my dad very happy, not because he had his pouch but because he knew his friend had taken it and done that as one last joke and to tell him he was ok
Piperasc (5 stories) (19 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-06-01)
Thank you Rajine. And yes I am a firm believer in signs form our loved ones. I always ask my Gramma for advice. If I am making the right decision she comes to me in the smell of her perfume.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-05-28)
Hi Piperasc

Condolences to you and your family for the loss of your mum, this pandemic really has been devastating across the world.

I believe that our loved ones are always with us no matter what and your bracelet reappearing after you could not find it anywhere is confirmation that the people who have passed on are always around and guiding us.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-05-27)
It must be heart wrenching for those who have passed over and are very close to the loved ones, to see them hurting and mourning; filled with sadness for their perceived loss.

These passed over souls, in my opinion, are probably more "alive" than we are, free from their physical bodies, gravity and all our Earthly physical issues.

So it's really great when they make an effort (which can't be easy?) to reassure those loved ones that not only are they still well and truly alive, but also always nearby and that they still love us very much.

Thanks for sharing.

Mack
Piperasc (5 stories) (19 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-05-27)
Thank you Aros and valkricry for your kind words. It definitely brought me some peace for the situation.

Aros, yes life long and long into eternity for sure! I love that your friend still has his Stiller (as we say in Pittsburghese) gear on! BLACK AND YELLOW FOR LIFE.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
3 years ago (2021-05-26)
What a lovely, but sad event in your life. It's hard loosing a parent no matter your age. The circumstances just make it a bit worse, I think. Obviously she loves you very much.
Aros (6 stories) (57 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-05-26)
First of all I am so sorry to hear about your mom's passing, especially under those awful circumstances. I think you've left little doubt your mom gave you a very clear message that she knew you were there at her graveside and the gestures of love you showed.

I also understand the diehard passion one has to their lifelong team. I am a diehard Seattle Seahawks fan (all my life, looong before Russell Wilson and a Lombardi) and I lost a dear friend who was a diehard Steelers fan. So whenever he pops in during a contact dream he's wearing his Steelers jersey. So the passion extends into the afterlife. 😊

Thank you for sharing and again, so very sorry for your loss.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: