You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Lady Upstairs

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady Upstairs

 

When I was younger every weekend I would sleep over my grandmothers house. I would sleep in the living room on the floor across from the wall where the stairs were. Now you couldn't see the stairs they were blocked by the wall. I'm not the only one to have experienced what I'm about to write. My cousins have all had the same thing happen to them when they slept over.

I would be asleep and awaken to my grandfather's grandfather clock going off, it went off every hour but the only time it would wake me up was at midnight. I'd roll over as it was going off and I could see a white light come from the stairs. I would pull my blanket up so that only my eyes were peeking out and watch and every time it happened the same way. The light would get closer as it came down the stairs until it turned the corner and, as it turned the corner, it would fade away. That's all it ever did, it was scary when it was happening but nothing bad ever happened.

Now the story is called the lady upstairs but to be honest I don't know if it was a lady. I guess it just kind of felt like a woman, the white light resembling a dress to me. And one night I had a dream that I still remember vividly. I woke up to the light in my dream but this time I went up the stairs and as I was walking up, the "lady" leaned over the banister and started screaming at me. I woke up after that and assumed the light was this lady. I would also wake up sometimes and it would feel like my hand was being held, I couldn't see anything it just felt like pressure on my hand the way it would feel if someone was holding it.

So that's my story, it's not very scary but it happened. And I have a question, I would like to ask the more experienced readers. My cousin died in nov. and my uncle says he can still feel her presence. I haven't felt it, I want to and I pray that she will come to me just so I can see her one last time, I know its selfish of me if she's already moved on but the last time I saw her was a year before her death and I was wondering if there's anyway to get her to come to me.

I know a lot of the experiences on here are random and they're just there. But is there anyway to actually bring her here? I have already tried the Ouija board and it didn't work at all for me. Please help?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shyjoni, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Shyjoni: I'm SO very glad that your cousin made an apperence in your dreams. I know it made you feel a myriad of emotions. But hopefully you do feel as if you have some closure. If your experience turns out to be anything like mine you can look forward to future meetings with her. They may be few and far between but well worth the wait. At times, when I dream of my Kendall, it has become almost as if we are spending time together like we used to. Like he never died. However it does sometimes seem that I lose him somewhere and end up someplace else without saying goodbye, but he always hugs me. I hope you can look forward to more visits. Take care!
~allison~
shyjoni (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Thank you all for your comments I am sorry it took so long for me to write back I haven't been able to get on in a while. And FYI I believe she came to me in a dram if that's possible, was in the house I talk about in my story and though I knew in my dream she was gone I still went to her room and oped the door to find her there lying on her bed with her room exactly how I remember it growing up and she didn't say a word see just smiled her sweet smile at me followed me around a bit and then I woke up. My aunt (her mother) also saw her though she wasn't sleeping she was in her room and there was a man with her and we think it was a friend of the family that had also passed a couple days before. We think she was helping him over and stopping to say hello on the way. So thank you for your comments I'm glad I listened and didn't do anything rash it was way more special to have her come willingly to me. Take care all!
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
I'm not to familiar with Ouja boards. I had one in highschool, but it was really more of just a slumber party joke than anything else. If the more expierienced posters say no then I would stay away. Now I know this is my own personal expeirience and maybe its just my sub contious trying to deal with his death, but my very close friend that died in a car accident 3 years ago has visited me in my dreams several times since his death. The first time I dreamt of him after the accident he came to where I was "working" and walked up to me and told me he loved me, hugged me and said goodbye. Since then whenever he makes an appearence he always hugs me and, I know it sounds ridiculous but, I can almost feel his arms around me for hours after I wake up. It makes so sad and yet comforted at the same time. I spend my entire day missing him even more than usual. But I am so gratful to see him at all. Maybe if you concentrate and send your desire to have closure with her out into the universe then she will find a way to come to you in your dreams. Seeing my dear friend again, even if it is just all in my head has made his passing much easier. If anyone has any imput on if they think its possible or not I too would be very appreciative.
I hope this helps you and I hope you find what your looking for.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Well, I will not go into the ouijia board, you have received many warnings and cautions from many experienced readers her. I hope you heed their words.

I will say that although the light coming down the stairs may have had some type of paranormal cadence to it, it may just as easily been a logical reason, such as light reflection from and on coming care, reflection from mirrors or picture frames, etc.

As far as your uncle stating he still 'feels' your cousin. There are many ways to have that feeling. It may be with him because the grief is still new, he wishes to continue to hold them close and this is the way he is coping.

DO NOT EVER TRY TO CONJURE UP ANYTHING! You never know what you may be getting yourself into, I would hate to see the grief you feel impacted by other emotions.

Pray. Pray for peace and rest for your cousin. Set them free, hoep that they have been able to complete their worldly tasks so they may cross over to peace.

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Hi shyjoni. I would take a guess and say the lady on the stairs is a residual haunting and nothing to worry about. You probably had the dream of her screaming at you because she was on your mind. There's no doubt it would have been pretty freaky and it would certainly be on your mind, especially if you were expecting it. As for the feeling of having your hand held, maybe that was your cousin offering you comfort and trying to help with your distress over the lady. I don't think you should actually try to contact her either, as the others have said, and for the same reason. If you think of her, just speak softly and say what you feel, such as you wish her happiness and that you think of her. You might tell her you miss her and feel bad because you didn't have the opportunity to spend more time with her. Don't ask for her, just talk to her. Even if she can't come to you in any way, she'll know you are thinking of her and that will offer her comfort and re-assure her of your feelings for her. Her spirit is around, your uncle knows. She'll hear you. I think it'll also help you to feel better about things just to get your feeling out in the open. I enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing it.
pugowner19 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Please pay attention to the other posters regarding the use of the Ouja board. You could open yourself up to demonic spirits.
No good would come from it I assure you.
If anything like your cousin contacted you it would be what is called a familiar spirit and not actually your cousin at all.
Please stay away from it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
I am certainly not going to tell you you screwed up in playing with the Ouija Board. But I will issue a warning. When sending out an invitation ("Are there any spirits who would like to communicate with us") a person does tend to say "ANY" which opens the door to just anyone.
There is not a peep hole in this door, you do not get to "filter" who creates a contact, and you can not stop the invitation once it is out until the close of the session. In most cases, I think people leave the session open entirely too long.
Thank you.
Kated9 (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Never ever use a ouja board, to bring forth your cousin. IT may cause some pretty nasty spirits to come and go as they please.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

Peace and love,
Kated9 ❤ 😁
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
As stated before the Ouija board is very bad... It can take your harmless light figure and turn it into demons and powers beyond what you could ever believe.
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
"When I was younger every weekend I would sleep over my grandmothers house. I would sleep in the living room on the floor across from the wall where the stairs were. Now you couldn't see the stairs they were blocked by the wall. I'm not the only one to have experienced what I'm about to write. My cousins have all had the same thing happen to them when they slept over..." this thing descibes me, only the first paragraph, but in my case I was down stairs eating and I heard foot steps, my cosuins saw the ghost, it was a brown lady. And I'm sorry your cosuin died but you can't bring her baq so you have to accept the fact and move on
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Hi shyjoni. I think that the woman that you were seeing on the stairs was probably something residual in the home. I think that after seeing this ghostly presence on the stairs, you were probably a little freaked out about it which caused you to have that dream of her screaming at you. I would NOT suggest that you use the Ouija board EVER! It opens up a door that can cause you MUCH fear and grief and you may not be able to close the door to the spirit world. Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY

❤ 😊
gohstgurl (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
that ouja board was not smart. Demons are attracted to those. I really hope I helped.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
I agree with Frawin, don't call upon your cousin to come. Once you open a portal you never know what will come out of it. May be an bad entitie that may represent your cousin, but maybe really be something other then what you may have expected. And will haunt your the rest of your life. So my answer is NO don't call upon her. If she wants to visit she will let you know herself.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Hello shyjoni. I would advise against trying to call up the spirit of your cousin. When you put forth a call to the unknown you don't know who or what might answer. There are entities out there that you don't want to mess with. If it is meant to be-she will come to you. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: