You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Drain Chaser

Real Ghost Stories

The Drain Chaser

 

Good Evenings to all on YGS I really missed you guys and gals.

Dunoon

Cape Town

15th December 2021

03:15am

My story is based on a true tragic event which leads up to what we've experienced.

Quite a few years ago there was a murder of a young teenage boy here in Dunoon.

Now for all of you that don't know Dunoon, it's an Informal Temporary Location Settlement. (Your average squatter camp).

Three older teenage boys stuffed his body into the drain next to our landlord's shack.

My Blind partner and I moved here in 2017 to get closer to his place of work. We moved into a room on the side of the drain.

I woke up because I was very thirsty all of a sudden and I reached for our bottle of water and it was empty.

I groan to myself mmm-Ming.

I had to get up out of bed and to go outside to get water from the tap in the yard.

We share this yard with 6 other families so all the places were built into a circle with 2 places on top of the below places with a side exit and front exit.

So as I'm busy with the water I hear this sound that sounds like people in a fight and are struggling with each other.

The dog's are glued looking at the front exit and I kind of said to myself oh no no no this might be one of our tenants sister that has an abusive boyfriend and might be in trouble.

Being the brave one I had to go to the front exit to check what was going on. Low and behold I get there and look out the window and nothing. I turned around and took 2 steps and then I heard steps behind my steps.

At that point the dogs were looking past me and growling but also retreating like I was. I started running and this thing starts running chasing after me.

I was ice cold with chills I picked up my water bottle in the process and kept on running. I could hear the stomps behind me.

I literally threw myself into the room and just slumped onto the bed. Next morning my neighbour came and asked me who was chasing me last night?

Our landlady comes down from the stairs of her place and says in a very abnormal way for her "It's that boy's spirit".

After that she was normal again and didn't have any knowledge of what just transpired.

The tenant and I just looked at each other shocked. It was a very Dark Negative Energy Evil feeling.

I keep on thinking and wondering what would have happened if I had stayed longer outside that night.

Whatever it was or is isn't good... That's for sure.

Other hauntings by VANGYVANJA

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, VANGYVANJA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
2 years ago (2022-01-10)
VANGYVANJA - you are certainly a lot braver than I am. There is no way I would have stopped to pick up my water bottle if something was chasing me. And I have dry mouth all the time, so I know how that feels.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-29)
Hi VANGYVANJA

Have they ever caught that boys killers? I suppose his spirit will still be around considering how he died. It's sad and tragic.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: