You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Dad Will Not Vacate His House

Real Ghost Stories

Dad Will Not Vacate His House

 

My Dad passed away in September 2017 after getting out of bed late at night. He fell down and hit his head on walk-in closet door frame and didn't regain consciousness even after he was taken to the hospital. I believe that his spirit was thrown from his body at that point. He had no spiritual beliefs and didn't seem to believe in any kind of afterlife. He was very attached to his home that he had built himself and lived in for about 28 years. His health had deteriorated as he got older, and he was frequently not very happy and in a lot of pain. So, he had basically passed away very unexpectedly and without warning or preparation.

At his funeral I got up and read some Holy Bible verses. It was very quiet in the room or chapel and as I was reading there was a very loud popping like sound in the walls or ceiling. I pretty much knew right then that his spirit or ghost was there watching. Afterwards, when I would go and visit or stay in his house, I would often sense his presence and hear popping, clicking or thumping noises in the house, particularly late at night when it was quiet. It was a little disturbing to say the least, and it took some time to figure out that he had become a ghost or earthbound spirit.

In the month of March 2021 after installing some home security video cameras, I started hearing those sounds again and seeing white shapes or very fast- moving orbs at night when it was dark inside the house. Sometimes, it had like a face on the front or tip of the fast-moving orbs or shapes. I have figured out that he is still residing in his house and have captured many videos of him moving about in different parts or rooms in the house. In other words, it has become a haunted house.

I have tried to communicate or talk to his ghost or spirit in order to try and get him to move on or leave the house. Because some other members of my family want to sell the house soon. But I think it might not be such a good idea to sell it as long as his ghost or spirit is still residing there. Unless of course, any prospective new owners are made aware of it being a haunted house.

So, after trying numerous rituals or methods to get him to move on or leave this house, he still remains or is perhaps, stuck or trapped in some way. He was a very stubborn person and has become so it seems a very stubborn ghost or spirit. I will keep trying to get the ghost out of there, but it does seem to be somewhat difficult to get him to vacate or leave his house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jimbonumber9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jimbonumber9 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-30)
I have been encouraging him to leave for over 9 months and sometimes he appears to leave the house for a while, but then returns. Again, it seems that he is very attached to the house and doesn't really know how to go or want to leave. Perhaps, he is still trying to figure it out. I will keep praying. Youtube.com/user/ezekielnumber9
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
2 years ago (2021-12-28)
If you plan on using a realtor to sell, you can request that they say that the house is said to be haunted. In some states it's part of the discloser act, but I see New Mexico doesn't have that.
At least your Dad seems to be a nice, if stubborn ghost. Have you tried telling him that it's just ok to let go and rest now? Or (if you're ok with it) that he can come stay with you?
Something else to consider; is it possible that you're holding him here? Not really ready to let him go? It does happen. Love is a very powerful 'glue'.
jimbonumber9 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-28)
Yes, he seems to be very attached to the house and I've been talking to him for over 9 months now. I talk to him almost daily at times on the video cameras microphones. Some of them have a light that I turn on at night so that he doesn't have to sit in the dark. He will make clicking or popping noises to let me know he is there at times. In other words, I have some kind of relationship with him still. He doesn't appear to know what to do or how to leave and he really didn't have any belief in the afterlife or anything. So, I believe that he is trapped or stuck in the house that he built. Some over members of the family want to sell the house. But I don't think it's a very good idea to sell a haunted house unless the people buying it knew about it and would be okay with buying a haunted house. These are the reasons that I'm reaching out for help I suppose.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-12-26)
Hi jimbonumber9

Firstly I'd like to offer my condolences for the loss of your dad, losing a loved one is never easy, and the loss will always remain with you.

I believe that your dad is very attached to the house that he built so that could be a reason why he's still around, instead of doing rituals or other things, did you try talking to him? I think maybe he needs reassurance that his house will be taken care of, also try if you can to find out if he had any unfinished business before he passed, that could work as well. All the best and please keep us posted on the progress.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: