You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Frightening Experience At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Frightening Experience At Night

 

This happened to me last month when I had been to my hometown Goa, for a vacation. We have our own flat and this incident occurred there.

On 10th Jan 2022, around 2:30 AM. The bedroom which I was sleeping in has 2 windows adjacent to each other. Suddenly I heard footsteps walking from one bedroom window to the next and then it would stop there. This happened a few times. Initially I thought it was the night watchman taking his rounds, but even if he was, was wondering why it would just start from one window and end until the next as the windows were not so far apart from each other. And I was afraid to go to the window and see if it was a watchman or not, because I thought if it wasn't, I didn't want to have a frightful image stuck in my mind. As this went on, there was a sudden fear that gripped me and that fear is something I just can't describe. I went on praying and calling out to Jesus and then started playing worship songs and eventually fell asleep.

Then, around 5:45 - 6 AM, I felt as if someone or as if kids were jumping on the other side of my bed. There are no kids in the house. Again I got a bit afraid and started praying, when suddenly I felt as if someone was holding my legs and neck and I was not able to breath, talk, shout, nothing! I tried fighting back and turn to see what that was, and caught, what I felt, was a glimpse of a big black shadow at my feet. Tried again to scream and call out God's name, but it wasn't happening. At that time I felt even in my mind and spirit I was not able to say God help me. This struggle/fight went on for quite a while then as suddenly it started, it stopped and I was released. Frightened was not the word to describe what I felt then and though have come across weird happenings or seeing spirits etc. This was something I experienced for the first time in my life and hopefully the last.

Could it have been sleep paralysis? Or an encounter from the other side?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SashaLA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-03-05)
Hello SashaLA, interesting story, thanks for sharing. From what I'm understanding from your encounter, you felt as if someone was actually physically restraining you and you were able to move and struggle against your 'captor'

If it was a case of sleep paralysis, you wouldn't have been able to move at all. You would have been wide awake, and your mind would have been active, and although you will your body to move, it doesn't. People in those situations, strain a good deal to even move a finger, though usually when they do, it breaks the paralysis and the 'entity' disappears. Also the mind is usually not blocked from any thoughts or prayers in most cases of sleep paralysis, the person is just usually so frightened, they don't think to pray for help for a bit, when they do, it again usually breaks the episode.

I would guess from your additional experience with the footsteps and unless I misunderstood the struggle with the entity/shadow, you had a 'visitor' with some questionable intentions.

You may try some additional prayers/blessings and protective measures according to your beliefs to ensure you don't have any repeat occurrences and are able to get a good nights sleep as well! Good Luck!
SashaLA (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-03-02)
Thanks Lady-glow,

I would like to think it was sleep paralysis... Have read about it, but have a feeling there's more to it.

Don't know of any events as such, we had heard stories of people dying, workers basically, when the place was being built... Its an apartment complex... So don't know how much to make of that...

No one from the family passed away, at least not that I know of until now. Have asked my family...

Regarding the peeping tom-:) well, opposite my window is an open, marshy piece of land... And my place is on the mezzanine floor, the windows are quite high, so the chances of someone peeping is ruled out...

We do actually bless our house every year... But in spite of that we have events happening from time to time...
SashaLA (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-03-02)
Hi Rajine,

I have had different kinds of experiences in the past, but something to this effect, was the first time.

And yes, I did tell my family about this. My brother stays there and he says he has experienced someone or something jumping on the bed from time to time... And he feels a presence sometimes... My mother has experienced as if someone sitting on her chest and choking her, and when she's woken up after the ordeal has been over, she would have marks on her body or pain in the throat for several days...
If I were to guess I'd say that it could be a passing entity, since you say that this was the first time you experienced this. This was back in the days when she used to live in that house of ours. She doesn't stay there now.
Rachel9997 (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-03-01)
Welcome to YGS SashaLA,

I agree with lady-glow in that sleep paralysis can be a threshold to the spirit realm. While I have not experienced something like that myself, I have read about those situations.

It might be interesting to look into the history of the house too.

Thanks for sharing.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-03-01)
Hi SashaLA

If I were to guess I'd say that it could be a passing entity, since you say that this was the first time you experienced this.

But I also feel that you should speak to your family members and find out if they experienced anything similar.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-02-28)
Welcome to YGS.

It's possible that what you experienced was only an episode of sleep paralysis, although it is believed that, in some cases, this can be a threshold to the spirit realm.

Are you aware if any violent event has happened close to the house? Do you know if a family member or friend passed away around that day?
Perhaps someone was trying to get your attention and didn't know of a better way to do it.

As for the steps by the window... I hope it wasn't a peeping Tom trying his luck at watching you that night.

Perhaps you could try blessing your home to prevent any similar events in the future.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: