You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Very Frightening Encounter With The Grim Reaper!

Real Ghost Stories

A Very Frightening Encounter With The Grim Reaper!

 

Enchanted Rock State Natural Area spiritual Encounters With The Grim Reaper!

I guess I should start my story by giving you a short background of my information before I continue. You see all my life I been a witch but suppressed my gifts until the magical year of 2006 when I finally embraced all aspects of what my life is about. As a young child I always had the gift of seeing deceased people and things that were never human at all.

I also used Ouija boards in my teens to communicate to with the dearly departed but all that changed one fateful night when my older "Christian" brother in law barged in my room to let me know dinner was ready and I was in the middle of a conversation with the dead using my board. I casually looked up to him, smiled and asked if he wanted to talk to the dead with me but he understandably declined my request. Actually he was so freaked out and I got such a lecture about doing such terrible "Demonic things" that I suppressed my "Craft" until much later in life. That was the story of my life, but on the fateful day of 1989 I went to Enchanted Park. That literally changed my life and to this date I still don't know why I am alive? I have survivors guilt I suppose but I'm glad it happened and still wonder if this was some type of test for me?

The year was 1989, I was in my 8 year of suppressing witchcraft and pretended to be a full Christian that happened to also love the outdoors. I was working a lot of hours and needed some time away from the city to get back to the thing I loved most: Nature and all her beauty is what gave me peace and was the place I needed to be so I decided to go to Pedernales Falls State Park, which was my favorite place to be in other than Canyon lake. One of the themes to my outdoor adventures is that I usually only go when there is a threat of heavy rain so that I can have the park to myself since most people do not like to walk in the rain.

I was really looking forward to that day, and by the time I reached the park the Ranger reluctantly informed me they had to close the park down because of the threat of flash flooding. I understood that area is prone to flash flooding so I had to rethink my options and found to my surprise that Enchanted Rock Natural area was not terribly far from Pedernales Falls so I took a chance hoping it would be open.

I was very lucky when I drove to the park it was only lightly raining on ranch road 965 but 3 miles from the park I hit a wall with my car. A thick wall of fog and I had to drive extremely slow since the sharp curves and steep hills made driving treacherous. It was near 10am but the fog was so thick it seemed like it was twilight which made me feel uneasy!

Well about a mile from the park the fog lifted and it was fairly clear and I was just so inspired by the magical hill I grew to love! Enchanted Rock stands out from all the other hills of the area because it looks like a bald mountain with trees only around it's base. I checked in with the ranger and luckily he said that the park was open but to be very careful because the trails were wet and slippery from the light drizzle and fog that was coming in. I thanked him and drove my car to the final outpost of civilization which happened to be the parking lot to the trail head.

As I was heading to the mountain I kept seeing all kinds of warning signs that technical climbers needed to sign a waiver before proceeding. I suppose those warnings should have been a foreshadow of things to come but I wasn't planning on climbing around any of the technical areas I just wanted the safest way to the top so I could lose myself in nature for a bit.

Oh I just loved being on that massive billion year old rock, it really was a humbling feeling that my presence here would only be a blink of existence in the chapter of this rock's history as I continued climbing on the safe section of the hill.

As I was halfway up the hill I noticed that the fog I drove through was starting to arrive in the area and the few park buildings below were fading into and out of view as I continued my ascent on this incredible hill. It was strange, as the buildings faded out of view time began to get distorted for me and it seemed like I was going back in time with every step I took. It almost felt like I was somehow transported back to the middle 1800's with all traces of the buildings erased from the fog and then I saw something that startled me!

In the distance I noticed that Native Americans Elders were dancing in a circle and they seemed happy but they did not notice me. It was a strong vision and one I haven't had in such a long time since I suppressed my Craft and I was just trying to make sense of it all as I waited for the vision to pass so I could continue my climb.

Before I made it to the top of the hill I did slip on the wet rocks but nothing serious just an embarrassing fall that I was glad no one saw. Actually I was very lucky because I seemed to be the only one one the mountain, there were a few guests staying in their RV's below the mountain but I suppose the drizzle and fog kept them from exploring that day so I happily had the whole mountain to myself!

I don't know? Perhaps the vision of the Indians should have concerned me, but hey I'm a Christian (well witch) so these things didn't bother me, but I would like to mention whenever I try to become involved with Indian ways (since I have 27% Native American DNA) I always ended up in extremely dangerous situations almost as if I were cursed? I never understood why because I love and I'm proud of my Native American Heritage, it just seems that bad things happen when I try to get in touch with my Indian heritage and I felt like danger was approaching me!

As I finally made it to the top of the mountain it felt like I went back to prehistoric times and imagined I was a fat contented lizard sunbathing on the top of this wonderful rock I was calling home. It really felt good to be on the mountain and I felt like I belonged there but for some reason it kept feeling like I was transporting through time from the early prehistoric period to the 1800's. I climbed around a high area of the rock when I saw a vision of a settler pointing his rifle at me and it startled me, but the vision quickly faded and I kept wondering what strange forces were around me to cause me to have such strange visions?

I know this is kind of silly, but one of the things I loved to do back when I was young was collect 10 ounces of water all over the world I travel to and I even had water I collected from the top of Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs. I suppose all of the rain and drizzle around Enchanted Rock I was lucky to find ample pools of water from the craters around the rock so I collected 10 ounces of that precious water and traded it with 10 ounces of my precious drinking water because I felt that it was only fair to give an even trade with the mountain I grew to love.

Well after my little trade with the mountain it was around 1pm and the fog just rolled in from the East and consumed the mountain I was on. The fog became so thick that I couldn't see my hand in front of me it was that bad and any trace of daylight was lost and it was very eerie feeling, even for a suppressed witch!

Well I want you to know that I'm fairly good at navigation and even traveled in the dark primitive areas of Pedernales Falls with no trouble, but this fog was so bad I quickly lost my bearings. I just wonder? Was the water I was taking from the mountain somehow related to the trouble I was getting in? I attempted to get water 3 times from this area on other visits and out of the 100's of water samples I collected from other areas of the world, the only ones that broke were from this mountain!

I was terribly lost as I was trying to find my way back to the safe descent of the hill but the more I walked the steeper the trail got. The trail was getting so steep that I had to use all four points of my body to keep from falling and the slippery rocks weren't helping! It was getting so bad that I had to move one foot, then the other, my hand and then the other just to move a foot it was that terrible!

I knew I was in danger but I think the scariest part was wondering how high I was and would I fall a couple of feet or hundreds of feet if I lost my grip? I didn't have a clue.

It didn't take long for my question to be answered because it seemed more supernatural things were happening to me! Just out of

Nowhere the fog completely cleared away and I was able to see my fate. I was right on the edge of an extremely steep cliff and if I lost my grip I was going to fall about a hundred feet below! It seemed like I was 20 feet from the top of the hill and I wondered how in the world I didn't fall from such a steep angle? There was absolutely no way I could have made it to this edge without falling and wondered how I ever made it here?

In all my life I never really panicked, but every time I tried to move I kept slipping closer to the edge of my doom! I got mad but not scared when I was in the middle of canyon lake in 34 degree weather when I was rowing my inflatable boat and was trapped for hours trying to fight the head wind to cross back to the other side. I even had a similar experience in Guam when I was admiring an incredible beautiful water fall when I slipped and slid near the edge of a 150 foot crevice, but I made it out relatively quick. But here I was trying to keep from falling while facing unknown supernatural things as well. It really frightened me and my body began shaking all over which wasn't helping me to keep from falling!

Well only a few feet away I noticed there seemed to be an opening to a cave and I slowly crawled to it. I could tell it went straight down but to what I wasn't sure. I did have experience in climbing down caves before and I could see there was light about 20 feet down. I just hoped and prayed it would continue on down to safety so I decided to take a chance to see if I could make it down safely.

I was carrying a small backpack with me but because of the caves confined space I decided it would be better to drop my pack down to the bottom before I attempted to climb down myself. Before I dropped my pack I carefully wrapped the water I collected so it wouldn't break. Well when my backpack hit the bottom of the cave I heard the glass shatter viciously, it was the victim of a 20 foot fall, I just hope I wouldn't be the next victim and carefully climbed down the crevice.

I made it to the bottom of the cave and carefully looked to the opening where the light was coming from, but I was still too high and there was no way I could safely get down! Well I was safe in the cave and wondered how long it would take for someone to realize I was missing because there was no way I was going to make it back up from where I climbed down! I didn't think like this for long though, mainly because of my stubborn pride and foolishness! I got myself into this situation and I wasn't going to put anyone else's lives in danger to rescue me so if I fall to my death that is the way it had to be.

I guess this is where I kind of lost it, nearly two hours had passed in this extremely dangerous situation I was in and it seemed like pure instincts kicked in. I didn't feel human anymore, just this determined primal animal that was going to climb out of this cave and that is exactly what I did!

I got back to the edge of the extremely dangerous cliff and tried to slowly make my way back to the top of the mountain. It was strange, I had to climb up to get to safety so that I could get to the other side where the slopes were gentle. So I moved my backpack, then my foot, then the other foot, my hand, then the other one and made the forward progress of 1 foot! I was trying my best not to fall and made it 5 feet away from the edge, but then I slipped and slid right back to the edge where I would have fallen over 100 feet if I did not stop in time!

I was depressed, but I didn't give up so I had to start all over again and slowly made my way this time around 10 feet from the edge. It wasn't as steep in the area I was in and I was actually able to walk normally but I still had to find some way to climb 20 feet to the top of the hill which was very steep! Still to this day I don't know how I kept from falling from this area. It was almost as if the fog transported me to the most dangerous area of the mountain where I had to find my way back and then it came!

It was the most scary thing I have ever seen in my life, it looked like a dark Angel that was flying above me. I couldn't see it's face but it seemed like death, like there was a skeleton in the black robe it was wearing. It looked at me for a few seconds and then it flew away as fast as it arrived and I never saw it again thankfully! I don't know what that thing was, I've seen non human spirits before but nothing like this. It almost reminded me of the Grim Reaper or Hades? The only problem is that I always believed these things were just legends and never existed, but now I'm not so sure.

Well other than the vision of the Indians, the settler pointing his rifle at me and the Dark Angel that crept up on me I had one final problem to face. I had to find some way to jump 20 feet straight up to safety because there was no way to climb up on the edge I was facing and if I didn't make it I would fall to my death. Up to this point my backpack kept me alive because it made me slow down to keep from running at the wrong time, but is this the right time now? I had a few feet I could run and prayed the momentum could help me run up the steep hill I was facing!

I decided to go for it so with all my might I ran as if my life depended on it and ran to the wall with all the force I could carry! I only made it 10 feet up the wall though and was 10 feet short and knew my life was over!

Instead of falling to my death though something so incredible happened and it was the most bizarre and supernatural thing I ever experienced in my entire life. It felt as if something was pushing me up the wall and I felt like I flew the last 10 feet I needed to safety! It was the most impossible thing I ever experienced and I understand people won't believe me, but it happened, it somehow miraculously happened and I made it to the top alive and well!

Oh it was such a relief to be at the top of the mountain where I could finally go to the other side to safety. It was dark by the time I made it to the top but the fog mysteriously cleared and I was able to get my bearings to go to the easy safe trail to the bottom.

I was so relieved and happy I don't remember what I was singing but it was gently happy songs as I made my way down the mountain. Although I was happy I became extremely sore, I guess my muscles knew it was safe to complain to me from the tremendous pressure and agony I put them through!

Since I was so sore from my ordeal I went to the showers the camp brochure proudly proclaimed was warm and inviting, but when I got to the showers only cold water came out. Oh well so much for a warm shower to soothe my aching muscles haha, I was just glad to be alive and decided to go straight home to get into a warm bath for comfort.

Well as I was leaving the shower area a father and his son had such bewildered looks on their faces when they saw me and they abruptly left. I just smiled and began to exit the building as well but before I did I saw movement in the mirror that caught my eye. I carefully went to the mirror and was amazed at what I saw! It was me but I looked like a wild animal with thousands of tiny droplets of water on my hair I suppose from the drizzle and fog I encountered that day. I also had a peaceful look on my face so I just smiled, walked out the building and went to my car to drive home.

The next day I found out to my horror that a young 18 year old boy fell off a mountain 60 or so miles from my location by Garner State park on a hill/cliff area that was called Mount Baldy! He died from his injuries and I couldn't help but wonder if that dark angel that came to me at Enchanted Rock was supposed to take my life or his? I was 24 years old at the time and I wonder how similar did I look to the poor young man who died that day! Did the dark angel make a mistake? I don't know, but I lived and the poor kid didn't, I guess that is where the survivors guilt came in!

The last thing I want to say about Enchanted rock is that I went back to it around 6 more times, I thankfully didn't have any more supernatural experiences happen to me but I did try to get more 2 more samples of water from the area on different occasions and on each occasion both glass containers broke within 24 hours of collecting water from the park. I vowed to never try taking water from the area ever again and still wonder how in the world I was able to fly on that fateful first day I visited the park?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShadowFire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-05)
ShadowFire ~

If I offended you I'm sorry that was not my intent, but reading my post it was poorly written. On your sightings I really don't know what to make of them. You were, by your own admission, afraid and in an environment of poor visibility. It is also reasonable to assume you were tired, based on your exertions of the day. All this adds up to unreliable witness. This is not to say you're making this up but a skeptic, such as myself, will believe that you misinterpreted whatever you saw. I do believe you saw something, but I can't say just what.

On the subject of your actions I have very different perspective. If you were to get hurt and unable to leave, or lost to the point you couldn't get out our society would have sent a flock of people looking for you, some professional, some volunteers. These people will be subjected to the same hazards you faced, they are doing so not so much by choice, if you were not lost, they wouldn't be out looking for you. It is not unreasonable to suspect that some of these people can get hurt, even seriously so, because they went looking for you. I know it's their job, but they really signed up to help people who are in trouble, largely through no fault of their own. I've never participated in land search, but I've been on many ocean searches as a member of the USCG. I've sailed into hurricanes looking for ships stranded in them, and I've had friends who've flown into hurricanes looking for people, after finding them being lowered in a basket to the ship to help the victims into the basket for extraction. Whenever I hear of a search for someone lost, my first thought goes to the first responders, and secondly to the victims.

Now to offer criticism without suggesting alternatives is just kvetching. I understand the need for solitude, if not for your reasons, I still need it. I live in the eastern coastal plain so finding hills, or rocks, not really happening. But I can tell you that any of the nature trails around here will be very empty during rain storms, and you won't need to climb a rock or really endanger yourself, aside from running the risk of catching a cold. Additionally, I find a great deal of solitude in my canoe, and I recall that you kayak; certainly you can find isolated places safely in that. As a coach of youth sports I find solitude on playing fields on days when no games are scheduled. I rarely run into people there and I find an "energy" just walking the fields. Lastly, having spent roughly a quarter of my younger days shipboard, I disciplined myself to find solitude on a crowded boat. True solitude comes from within, it is much easier to find without people, but sometimes situations don't allow it.

I look forward to reading more of our encounters and I wish you the best.
ShadowFire (guest)
-1
5 years ago (2019-01-05)
Hello everyone and thanks for listening to a few of my strange but TRUE Stories I shared on this site, I hope it was helpful in some way and I want you to know everything I wrote was not an exaggeration or glorified in any way. What I wrote is what I believe happened without a reason of a doubt it occurred to me!

I came to this site because I thought people were receptive and sympathetic to my experiences because there are many people that had unusual spiritual encounters as well, but it was very hurtful to call me stupid and a liar about the stories I told. I assure you I did not make anything up.

I wanted to share my stories, and give people the courage not to be afraid of spiritual encounters. Yes the spiritual world can be scary, confusing, and outright dangerous, but if you run away from your fear, you never will have peace because you will always be looking over your shoulder wondering if that scary experience will haunt you again!

I have so many stories I would have love to share with you and I would have loved to further explain any concerns you had regarding any of the encounters I had, but I am not going to waste my time defending the validity of my experiences to people who are not respectful to me.

Well it is the beginning of 2019 and I am so busy it is not even funny. I met a very gifted medium that is going to assist me in trying to find the remains of a very deserving lady who was murdered by her husband over 8 years ago. I would love to tell you the conclusion of this story but it isn't over yet and I hope and pray we find her so we can give her family closure.

I'm sorry I can't stay here but this site is counter productive and detrimental to my well being and safety. I need to surround myself with people that are supportive only because I need that support to give me strength when I venture out to the spiritual world that is around me.

Do you know how hard it is to try and dig up a possible decomposed body that people can't find? I need strength, support and help in facing this scary situation, but after I reviewed my stories and responses I got from some of the people I responded to on this site, I don't feel people believe the stories I told and I can't have doubt of what I experienced in the past or what I will face in the future like the possible recovery of the poor lady I am looking for.

In case you are wondering this lady is on the FBI watch list, but it's been too long since her disappearance and she is a cold file case which means there are no resources looking for her body and that is why I am trying to locate her through my dreams and my coworker friend who is a gifted medium. It's not like we can go to the authorities and say we are witches and her dead body talked to us to tell us where her remains are located at, they won't believe us, so we are going to have to find her body first and then get the authorities involved just so sad.

Anyway I want to thank the people who were respectful to me and politely asked the right questions of any concerns they had about my stories and for the people who do not know how to be respectful, please keep your negative comments to yourself. At any rate effectively immediately I am deleting my account and will not be coming back to this site.

I'm just minutes from going to the location to the lady that came into my dreams and my coworker had contact with as well. I am a realist and understand that our chances of finding her are one in a billion, but we have gifts, and hopefully between the two of us we can find her so that her remains can return to her family and they can finally have closure on the tragedy she suffered and been thrown away and hidden from the terrible crime she was a victim of. I would love to tell you the outcome of this story, but I seriously doubt you would believe me anyway, so why bother? That is why I have to leave, thanks, goodbye and God bless!
ShadowFire (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-05)
Miracles I want to specifically comment on my brother in law to let you know why I have trouble remembering why he barged in my private bedroom. My ex brother in law was a very abrasive person and barged in my bedroom on numerous occasions. He barged in my room without knocking asking what was I doing? Another time he asked if I saw his car keys? He also came in to say dinner was ready. He stole $30 dollars from my wallet because I left it in our family's truck parked in our garage and the reason he took my money was to teach me a lesson not to leave my wallet out in the open. I was using the rest room and he was yelling "If you shake it more than 3 times your playing with yourself"

He was very obnoxious and did not respect the privacy of people in their individual rooms please knock before you come in! He once barged into my bedroom and saw me dancing like a dork. I am a terrible dancer but in my bedroom I don't have to impress anyone, I can just dance and have fun! Well all the times he barged in my room I should have locked my door, but sometimes I forgot. Well as you can see I don't exactly remember his excuse for barging in my door when I was using an Ouija board and talking to the dead, but after my mischievous comment to join me with my "Ghost" company, I can assure you he never barged in my room again. I hope this explanation helps you understand why I had trouble remembering why he barged in my room that faithful night.
ShadowFire (guest)
-1
5 years ago (2019-01-05)
Lady-glow I want to apologize for getting so upset over your comment but you caught me at a bad time. If you like my story that is fine if you hate it that is even better it doesn't bother me. What does bother me is when you made the comment and I will quote

"There's no doubt there was someone/something there that day protecting you from your own stupidity."

The word "YOUR OWN STUPIDIDY" is hurtful, unnecessary and something I don't need to hear. If you are having an inssue with any part of my story ask me, I will gladly tell you. You asked how long did it take for me to get down from the top of the mountain back to camp? It felt like it took less than 30 minutes but probably took about an hour.

I understand my story is hard to believe because so many strange things happened, but I was there and I believed it happened to me without a doubt. I see how bizarre my story really is, but we are dealing with supernatural things and I wrote the story as it happened to me.

Just to clairify, I wasn't going on a suicide mission, the weather was foggy with light mist and drizzle, my only intention was to walk on the SAFE side of the mountain, during that day because of the weather. The park ranger cautioned me to be careful but the weather was not so severe that he prevented me from ascending to the top from the safe side so I was taking a risk but not a suicidal one, if I fell the worse that would happen to me would be some minor scratches and a bruised ego from the area I was at. There were just some very bad and unfortunate things that happened to me during my time in nature. It got foggy, I lost my bearings and ended up on the dangrous technical side of the mountain.

I choose miserable weather because I am generally shy around people and prefer to be by myself that is why I was there, I needed time to be away from people and have a chance to be with nature by myself.

I respectfully know the difference between dreams, imagination, hallunications, and reality. I was imagining I was a fat contented lizard sunbathing on top of that beautiful and massive billion year old rock I grew to love. I had a vision of seeing elder Indians dancing around a 1000 feet from me I didn't imagine them I saw them with my spiritual eyes. I had another vision of a settler pointing his rifle at me enough to startle me and he seemed to be around the time period of the 1900's. I saw a figure that looked like a Grimn Reaper during the time of my duress. I understand how the mind can play tricks in a psychological stressful situation, hey I was in so much danger close to death, naturally it would make psychological sense for me to see the Grimn reaper in my mind, but it wasn't in my mind I saw the creature for a brief instant!

You see the problem with the psychological hallunication induced theory of me seeing the Grimn Reaper is that I never thought that entity existed and when I ever thought of death, I would think of Heaven or the spiritual world of Earth the underworld, I never believed a creature existed to take you there at the time, I always believed you got there by yourself after you died.

I went into a lot of detail about my life while I was responding to people's question, not to be off topic but to establish without a doubt that I am a strange and unique person that had a very good life, crazy at times, but I have no regrets and tried to live the best life I can while I am here.

I am many things, I practice Witchcraft, I engage in all types of things most people would have fear of, the occult world is not a sinister word. The definition for occult is "hidden" and the occult world "Hidden World" is not visible for a reason. It is hidden because strange encounters like I had in my story would frighten, confuse, and perhaps even drive people to insanity if the paranormal forces that happened to me that day would happen to a normal person.

Sorry this was the type of response I should have given you but I didn't, I hope what I wrote helps and thanks for your participation.
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
I understand your position now. Thank you for responding to my comment.
ShadowFire (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hello DirtCreature, I'm sorry you misunderstood my story, I was not stereotyping Native Americans and I will try to explain what I meant. I have Native American in my blood and as an "Individual" person I love Nature. I am not speaking for the Native American community I am only speaking as an individual person. I also want you to know that as a Christian Wicca Friendly Witch I am not representing Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, or witchcraft. I am an individual that happens to be part of these things but it is not my intention to speak for or represent any of these people or groups. Thanks and sorry you misunderstood my intentions.
ShadowFire (guest)
-2
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hi Miracles and thanks for your questions, I am terribly sorry about having a memory problem but I hope you understand my stories and recollections span over 50 years in the making!

Ok so with the story of my brother in law, if I remember correctly I was 17 years old my sister and brother in law just came back from Germany where they were stationed at in the Air Force. He was military my sister was civilian, so they stayed with us a few weeks until their home was ready.

I didn't remember if he barged in to ask where his car keys was at or announce dinner was ready. I am sorry I just don't remember that detail because the funny part I do remember is the expression on his face when I asked him that question. I want you to know it is hard to keep track of information since I talk to the dead in many ways, in my sleep, when I'm dreaming, with Ouija Boards, and sometimes they come to me when I'm doing mundane things like eating a Mcdonald burger, washing dishes, playing basketball, or invoking spirits. I did so many different things over the years and the only thing I remember so vividly was the expression of fear on his face when I asked him if he wanted to "play" or what I said in my writing "Talk" to the dead was the memory I am certain of. That memory by the way was over 37 years ago so I hope you can understand the minor detail mistake.

I was a kid of 17 years old or was I 16 when the encounter with my brother in law happened? Haha, does that detail really matter? I suppose in a court of law it would, but this is a story I am sharing from my memories of something that took place over 37 years ago, I hope that explains your concern.

I don't understand your question about being a kid? The story of the strange encounter took place in 1989 I was 24 years old at the time and the incident with my brother in law I was only 16 or 17 years old so that is why I called myself a kid. By the way, sorry I have to give you additional headaches, but in all reality, I am still a kid because I never grew up. I made a miniature pirate flag 2"x3" long and placed it on a small stick so I can put it inside my industrial truck, forklift, barret vehicle and make pirate noises as I pass by my coworkers at my plant or the ones unfortunate enough that have to ride with me in our company truck. "Arrgh, you scallywag I'll have you walk the plank! Or we can just have a nice burrito!"

In all honesty no one will ever figure me out, I am a kid, a pirate, definitely a Witch and with all the insanity that is part of my life I try to be a caring and responsible adult that is trying my best to take care of my family while I am here in this world!

I am not sure what you are asking about the supressing of withcraft? As you can see my life is very complicated to say the least. I am not just a witch, I am a Celtic Witch from my Irish roots, a Shamanic Witch from my Native American side, a Born again Christian since the age of 2 and I'm sometimes a pirate as well! (Maybe the pirate part came from a previous life or maybe it is because I love the sea and the times my father tried to kill us in the middle of the bay when the weather turned so violent our boat nearly sank and we were manning the pumps with no land in site? I say he tried to kill us because we barely survived that episode and next week we were in the middle of the bay again! God that was fun I really liked the baby aligator he wresstled like tarzen or the time he went duck hunting with hia semi automatic 22 with 15 shots and he shot one duck in the neck but the other ducks flew in my direction and he shot the remaining 14 rounds in my direction so I d0ve my 7 year old body in the ground as fast as I could to keep from getting accidently shot. Those were the most awesome times of my lfe, sorry I got off subject!

Let me address the confusion about being a witch or not being a witch etc. I was 5 or 6 years old my older sister was 13 or 14 years old at the time in 1969-70, she was the one that introduced me into the occult world and I am so thankful for it. I would have been a very boring spiritually dead kid but wow I see the whole world differently now than the masses and I'm grateful for it. Now the confusion part I have trouble writing about is how do I describe myself to the masses?

As A kid that went to school for the first time I introduced myself as a person that has ghost friends and plays with magic and do you know what response I got? Fear, laughter, bullying, exclusion and I didn't get to play any reindeer games either like Rudolph the red nose reindeer either haha! You see like Rudolph I was an outcast a misfit that society had to shun! I was weird and weird is scary to people who want to live a normal life, I can deal with that now I understand and sympathize with it fully!

As I was growing up (remember I never grew up haha) I tried to fit in, so I never thought I was a witch in my youth and sometimes I would do witchy things but out of experience I realized I had to hide it from people if I ever had a chance to be normal. So sometimes I was a witch, sometiems I was a christian, sometimes I was an athlete and lived a normal life and all that seemed to work until 2006 when I snapped when I read a book from a a yahoo chatroom "Christian" friend that wrote her book about a preacher that found out there were 3 witches in his church and met with them at midnight to confront them. I thought the story was going to be about how the female witches were going to show him the kind, gentle and benign way of Wicca, but instead her story was about demonic witches that went to his church so they could steal the souls of babies for Satan woo hoo! What was I thinking, how Naïve and clueless was I really?

I got so upset that it motivated me to do research on Paganism and specifically Wicca because I was drawn to that word and find out once and for all if the religion was about love or hate. The more I read about Wicca the more amazed and shocked I was about the subject because I had a joyful revelation that the Wicca way of life, the rituals the connection with the forces of nature and the after life was exactly how I lived my life from a very young age until now! Even though I didn't consider myself a practicing Wicca Witch back then that was exactly what I was doing from the age of 5 To now and yet I am still Christian and have no shame in loving Christ.

As you can imagine I have tremendous conflicts, sometimes I feel guilty about being a witch, reveling in magic and being one with Nature, so I supressed witchcraft all my life but didn't realize the "subtle" supernatural things I engaged in was witchcraft. I was in denial of being a
Witch because I wanted to be normal to fit in but now all I can tell you is that I am a Witch, a Human being, a Christain, and so much more, but it is hard for me to explain me being a witch in my youth because so many people hated that word and thought it was denomic or at least people over 30 did haha. This was the Age of Aquarius for the 60's 70's generation if you were young and if you were older, Christian values and terrible movies like Rosemary's Baby forever changed older people's perception of the occult world that were practiced by some of the younger generation I was from.

By the way I made a terrible mistake when I wrote the story of the Devil's backbone apparation. I believe I said the story took place in March? But in all reality it took place On Monday August 18, 2008. I know that because of my book I wrote titled "A year and a day in the craft" It was a daily journal of my normal and yet extremely eccentric life. For the purpose of these stories on this website, I didn't carefully go back to see the exact dates or times the occurrences happened, I just wanted to share my True life story I believed happened to me while I was awake to anyone that was interested. I have over 10, 000 pages of articles, books and discussions I have had over the years and I'm extremely busy so I don't have the time to be specific on minor non revelant details, I wanted to share the revelant parts of my story to anyone that was interested in seeing the things I have experienced in my life. Sorry this site does not seem to have spell check and I'm too lazy to auto correct or proof read my responses my most sincere apologies! I hope that helps explains your confusion if not ask me more questions I will be happy to try and answer them. Blessed be and God bless you too!;)
ShadowFire (guest)
-2
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Mystic France I am sorry I have to be blunt about my concerns of other people but I am not going to allow a bully to call me stupid or belittle me in any way, is that understood? I am sorry my comments caused you grief but I am not sorry for calling a person a bully!

Give me some time and I will try to answer the other questions that were addressed to me, thanks in advance for your patience.
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Please be careful not to stereotype Native Americans as being one with nature. Just like alcoholism and being stoic, the noble, wise treehugger is a racist stereotype. Native Americans have tons of different cultures and groups with different beliefs, cuisine, attire, history, etc. And we continue to see this stoic nature lover depiction in movies like Pocahontas with sexually available "princesses".

Https://hubpages.com/education/Native-American-Stereotypes-Both-Positive-and-Negative

Getting in touch with a part of one's culture is not bad. Just don't fall into a trap. I don't mean to offend you and don't want to assume your thoughts. I just felt the urge to mention it.
ShadowFire (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hi Goggzy and thanks for your questions, I went on the mountain that day because I wanted to be alone and away from people. The best way to be alone in Nature is when the weather is miserable, dangerous, and foolish to go out. I don't like to be around people during my spiritual time in Nature I need to be alone so that I can be one with nature with no distractions.

It is kind of funny and sad at the same time, my father raised me to be a "loner" to not trust people, or rely on friends because they will take advantage of my kind heart. So there are times I do need to be alone and the best way is when people don't want to be outside in the elements.

I am a walking contradiction, I am a Christian; A Celtic Witch, that practices high ceremonial magic and a Shamanic Witch that practices Folk magic as well. Don't ever try to figure me out because I don't know what I am? But I do know I'm happy, content and Alive for the precious time given to me.

To Clarify Gozzy, my adrenalin did get me to around 10 feet high, but I needed to go 20 feet to reach to the top of safety. I am a gifted athlete and I had great momentum as I ran to the edge but it wasn't enough and I started falling down, but then something pushed me up to the top and that is why I am alive today. I don't know what it was, but I'm grateful I got another chance at life!

The love of my life for over 28 years now jokes with me saying that once I wake up each morning the guardian angels protecting me are hitting the palm of their hands on their head because they know they are going to have to work overtime to keep me alive as long as I'm awake! Haha.
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Shadowfire,

It was really nice of you to respond to some comments. I was also silently 'observing' and waiting for your response, especially that Miracles has a lot of questions. I'm intrigued with the 'inconsistencies'. You see, when your story is real, and it really had a great impact on you, you won't forget the details. In every story that you will write, you will say the same things. Unless, of course, they're just part of your imagination OR 'dream' (hope).

It isn't nice to call someone a bully here, even if they said something we didn't like.

How about, answer the other questions, too? 😉

This comment from ShadowFire is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

ShadowFire (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hi RCRuskin and thanks, I think you are spot on regarding whether or not this is some type or punishment curse or some type of positive test to see my worthiness? I just had very bad luck whenever I tried to get in touch with my Indian Heritage. I am happy to say that the last 3 or 4 years have been much better and I am so honored to have met some wonderful Native American people lately. I was so proud almost to tears when our company allowed a Native American tribe to have drumming session outside our factory to show the power, the grace, the pride and the love these wonderful people have for one another and for Nature!

This comment from ShadowFire is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Shadowfire - salutations!

I have no comment on your sightings, I'm still processing them. But I would pass on a word of advice concerning your running risks. A BMC I once served with observed something particularly stupid I was doing and said, and I will never forget this, "Darwin works best when you don't use common sense". If people advise you not to go to a place, don't go there. If you feel uneasy about what you are doing, stop doing it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
AHHH! 😠
"The author, ShadowFire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion."

Nicely written piece of...fantasy...wrong forum.
You are a good writer but should keep in mind that this site is meant only for REAL paranormal experiences. 😠 😠
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Climbing the mountain under such conditions wasn't only reckless and irresponsible, but suicidal. There's no doubt there was someone/something there that day protecting you from your own stupidity.

I'm curious, how long did it take you to go from the top of the mountain to the camp?
In my opinion, "the most bizarre and supernatural thing" about your story is the fact that the "thousands of tiny droplets of water on my hair I suppose from the drizzle and fog I encountered that day" could have lasted and survived the temperature changes, sweat, evaporation and all the time it took you to go through such an ordeal without loosing their pristine and pure form.

They say everything is bigger in Texas... Does it mean, hyperbolic?
funnybee450 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-03)
Very interesting read. I have been to the Enchanted Rock as well and I can definitely feel the energy from the past there... When I went a couple of years ago, I read there that it was an indian burial ground. Maybe that had to do with why your vials of water broke? I am weary of taking anything from an indian burial site, including rocks... I feel it can cause negativity in your life. I had a bunch of rocks I had collected during that trip and I thought they were so neat, then I read that it was an indian burial ground... So I put them back. Again thanks for the interesting read.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
Oops, sorry. Biblio's question was on one of your other stories. My additional questions and/or comments can wait until you have addressed my original ones.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
ShadowFire - I am looking for some clarification on a couple of things, if you don't mind.

In this submission you stated, "I also used Ouija boards in my teens to communicate to with the dearly departed but all that changed one fateful night when my older "Christian" brother in law barged in my room to let me know dinner was ready and I was in the middle of a conversation with the dead using my board."

From one of your comments on your Devil's Backbone Apparitions: "In my youth I was talking to the spirits via Ouija board and my much older very Christian brother in law unexpectedly entered my room to ask if I saw his car keys, I was communicating with the dead and invited him to join me, haha, well that didn't go too well and was lectured about the dangers of demonic communication with a satanic device?"

Also, and this is from Devil's Backbone Apparitions, "Can you see why I am such a confused kid?" If my math is correct, you and I are the same age and I don't think I've referred to myself as a kid in probably 40 years 😉

From this submission: "...all my life I been a witch but suppressed my gifts until the magical year of 2006 when I finally embraced all aspects of what my life is about..."

In A Strange Encounter you stated, "Thursday Jan 10 2008" and further in the story " (note this is before I embraced witchcraft fully) ".

I see Biblio has a question as well so these will do for now. Thanks
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
ShadowFire - this is just my opinion but I don't think the Grim Reaper collects souls based on outward appearances. I believe it is the soul itself that identifies who the Grim Reaper is looking for.
Goggzy (2 stories) (62 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
Hi. ShadowFire not really got much to say on this but if your a experienced hill climber, did you not realise how dangerous it was going up in the first place, if so why did you go up in the first place?

The being raised 10 feet could have been adrenaline related where tests have shown people get essentially super strength. It could also have been a guardian angel aswell been in a few life or death situations where I should have died and didn't so completely believe in guardian angels/spirits.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
This is a nicely written story. I enjoyed the nature descriptions as I love nature too.

But, I don't think it's wise to fool around with the forces of nature. They are more powerful than you. It's best to respect the power of nature. If it's raining and foggy and there are steep cliffs that are slippery when wet it is best not to place yourself in danger.

I would think dark forces wait for opportunities to pounce on people who get into dangerous spots. The spirit that saved you was probably a guardian angel/good guide whatever.

Take care and don't climb when it's wet. 😉
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-01-02)
Hi, ShadowFire. Not much I want to say about your experience here. However, I do want to comment, and please don't think me too presumptuous here, about your experiences trying to get in touch with your Native American side. Either something is truly blocking you from that path, or, and I feel this more likely, something tests you to show your worthiness.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: