You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Paranormal Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

A Paranormal Encounter

 

This account dates back to maybe 2015, I was probably in 4th standard back then. I lived with my family, i.e, my parents and my younger brother in the government bungalows. There were actually a lot of stories circulating about these bungalows were we lived because obviously they were pretty huge and there was this long wall separating the government residential area from a big tea garden [also there was another rumor about the bungalows being built over a graveyard (kabristan) ]

Initially we had 4 maids, 1 gardener and 1 cook to take care of our needs and I was really close to this one maid, Bobita.

It was night time and summer season so consequently the AC's were on in all the rooms. My parents, along with my brother, were watching some sort of movie together while I sat with one of the maids in our backyard talking about a new song that had recently been released. Suddenly the maid was called inside by my mom and I sat there singing a tune to myself.

You see this place where I was sitting was closed, like it was a sort of verandah closed by grills, basically you could open the grill and follow a cemented path to be led straight into the vegetable garden. I was pretty engrossed in singing the song when I noticed a figure in a white nightgown passing right in front of me. At that time I wasn't sacred of ghosts, I mean that thought didn't even occur to me that that figure could be a ghost. The figure was walking down the cement path that led to the vegetable garden and I could see her back. She had long black hair and as I mentioned before, she was wearing a long white nightgown. I obviously thought that it was Bobita going into the garden to take some beans, like she usually did (since the servant quarters were kind of nearby) so naturally I called out to her twice, but she didn't respond and kept walking, I called a third time and this time she stopped but didn't turn around and after a few secs started walking again until she disappeared round the corner.

As if on impulse I ran to my mom, who was still talking with the maid, and requested her to call Bobita, my mom was of course surprised and confused to hear my sudden request. The maid who was talking with my mom started laughing and went like ''Bobita? She went to her mother's place, was homesick, the poor girl. She'll come back after 2 weeks.''

'Spooked beyond words' would be an understatement to how I felt at that moment. It's been years now and until this day I can't point my finger on exactly what I saw that fateful night.

I'd be really grateful if one of you could help me with this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mimizzz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheFinalGhostHunter (5 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-08-23)
Hi Mimi,

Although from your own experience of seeing a lady in the garden doesn't seem to mean it was a ghost but all your other renarks in the comments seem to indicate something preternatural. I want to talk to you about this. I don't see any option to message a user. Insta?
mimizzz (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-05-22)
hi Rajine

There were other accounts of people seeing the same ghost (or whatever it was) that I saw, too. Some even claimed to hear the sound of payal (a kind of anklet worn by indians) and some claimed that they got a foul smell whenever the apparition neared them.

As about other incidents, yes there were a few weird encounters that I had INSIDE the bungalow.

Like weird noises from my bathroom as if someone was humming inside and sometimes I even heard the sound of water splashing even though NOBODY was inside.

Then there were times when felt as if someone was behind me or watching me when there was literally no one.

I didn't know what to make out of all that back then for real!
mimizzz (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-05-22)
hi lady-glow

Firstly, thanks a lot for the welcome. Secondly, no I have never heard of those terms before, mind elaborating a little on them?

Thirdly, no it wasn't that common for bobita to venture out into the gardens, but there were times when she would ask permission from my mother to go pluck some beans for her personal use. But on that fateful night she did not ask for any kind of permission from my mother nor was she at home.

I did tell her about what I saw and she told me that a girl's apparition was often seen in that area and that many others had seen her too. As the tale goes, long back a girl had died in and around that area and it was her ghost that people saw.

Even on my 13th birthday my friends claimed to have seen the same girl in a white nightgown under a tree.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-05-22)
Hi mimizzz

Has anyone else experienced this apart from you? And was this the only incident that happened to you or were there other incidents like this?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-05-22)
Hi mimizzz.

Welcome to YGS.

Although unnerving, this may have not been a paranormal encounter.

Have you heard the terms "residual haunting, and living residual"? These are events that have been repeated over and over through a period of time, leaving an imprint over a given location. These actions can be played at any time just as a recording would.

"thought that it was Bobita going into the garden to take some beans, like she usually did"

Was it common for Bobita to go around the place waring a white nightgown? Do you know if she owned such a garment?
Did you talk about this event when she returned from her mother's place?

It has been discussed before in this forum that, in some cases, it's possible for a person to undergo an out of body experience while asleep, and be seen by other people. Perhaps Bobita was dreaming about picking beans and her consciousness wander to your house to play the part.

On the other hand, if the rumours about the place being haunting were true, perhaps you saw a ghost, but it didn't mean any harm to you or your family.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: