You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Old KKK Church

Real Ghost Stories

Old KKK Church

 

My experiences started back when I was thirteen years old. Though they do not haunt me anymore my experiences have left an impression that has kept me with an open-mind where ever I go. My aunt Mable lived in an old house way out in the country, and I used to go and spend the weeks and weekends every chance I got. Once my aunt started renovating her house is when all the activity started to happen.

The first experience I had at the house with a poltergeist, I was sitting at the dinner table eating lunch with my cousin Josh, and next thing we know we see the front door open and close, we hear loud footsteps walking from the front door to the kitchen and the refrigerator door opens and closes, then the cabinets above the kitchen sink opens and closes, then we hear more footsteps and the backdoor opens and closes. We both looked at each other and turned very pale.

The following weekend is when thing started getting really weird. At this point my aunt was in the middle of renovations and we were all sitting in the living room watching TV when we heard the dog barking out front and he wouldn't stop. After a few minutes we decided to go outside and check it out. When we walked out we saw the dog barking up at a tree and when we looked up we saw a black man and two black children hanging in a tree. At this point I was really freaking at having to spend the night at their house because my parents were out of town.

That night I had a hard time getting to sleep but after a couple of hours I finally drifted off. The next morning I woke up before anyone like usual and was just laying there when the next thing I know the same black man I saw hanging in the tree came walking through the door, as he started walking and passed right by me I looked in the kitchen and saw the same two little boys as well, except this time I could see that the two boys had holes in their head. Once everyone was up I told them about my personal experience and told them how freaked out I was and my aunt mable thought it was time to get some help.

A few weeks later my aunt had put a hold on the renovations and started talking to a local psychic and researcher and asked if she could help. She said she could help and she drove out to my aunts house. When she got to the house she said that she had done some research on the house and come to find out it used to be an old kkk church, and she had records of black people being murdered there.

Among the people murdered she found a father and his two sons that were killed by getting tarred and feathered and beat to death. Which freaked us all out because that was exactly what we saw. She told us that there was another ghost in the house as well as a poltergeist, I couldn't believe it at first, that she was telling us everything we had seen before even getting a chance to talk to her. After walking around the house telling us different things she told us that she had some bad news and asked if she could go outside. We all went outside and she told us that she think there was bodies buried on my aunt property and showed us where. We started digging the next day and found a few bones but nothing else. We don't know if they are human or not but once the renovations were complete no one has seen or heard anything.

Please forgive me in my spelling and punctuation. This is my first time writing my experience instead of just telling. From those days forward I have had a new look on life and I feel like I can sense things a lot better when I enter a new place. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haden, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mikefrompap (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-13)
Haden, I found this article online after doing a search. I see that not that many people have commented on your story for a while. I had a frightening experience in my bedroom when I was ten. At that time, I don't recall even seeing what a KKK member looked like in full robe.

This occurrence happened sometime around when I was 10 years old in the early morning hours... Was it my imagination... I don't know. Like I said, I never recalled ever seeing a KKK member at this young age around 1980.

I awoke in the late night and looked on the edge of my bed to see a full apparition of fully robed KKK member kneeling at my bedside in a praying position. As I turned my head to look at him... Or whatever it was. The ghostly figure's body stayed still while it only rotated its head to look straight into my eyes. I ran out of my bedroom straight through this apparition.

To this day, I have never been more frightened in my life. Every time when I think about ghosts, I remember that night.

I did some research on the plot of land in Omaha, NE that was once farmland. An old one room school house occupied the land where my house was according to an old USGS map. I do not know if there was any Klan activity at that school.

I have not found any history of the land. The land was owned by a Ferdinand Blum... Who I believe had an Austrian-German ancestry.
djeter2 (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
[at] NARCISSA
1st off I know about this site and I know of the good people that are on here. That's why I was upset with how mean the skeptics were turning out. I never said one couldn't be a skeptic. I have issues with some stories that some have stated here myself but there is a tactful way of getting ones points across and some are going away from that and maybe you see that as normal but I don't. A good amount of people come on here looking for help and most of the good hearted people here give very sincere and very helpful suggestions on how to deal with thier problems. Yet there are few people and it's becoming more prevelent that just want to be the ultimate pessimist and in contradicting the thread starter have become condescending and mean. If this is not you, Narcissa, then the jerk reference wasn't meant towards you. Here's my point if I (hypothetically) come on here telling you of my experience that I had whether you believe me or not let's be a little bit more respectful before calling me a straight out liar. That's all I ask of all of us who read each others stories. I love this site becuase we were very resepctful of people stories and experiences and I feel some of us have loss that. The jerk reference was to how some were acting not a call out to all skeptics on this board, I apologize if you took it that way.
narcissa (4 stories) (77 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
djeter2:

For your info, this site is as much for the skeptic as it is for the believers. People have EVERY RIGHT to question something whose ingenuity they find questionable, of course with reasonable causes. This is a free and open forum, and you cannot compel everyone to accept everything as the Gospel truth. I must tell you this, that barring a few trolls, most people on here are honest in their criticisms and questions.

And BTW... Do watch your tongue a bit... Calling people "jerks" because of their disagreeing comments is just juvenile and offensive on your part... I myself am a skeptic with an open mind. Having experienced no paranormal happenings in my own life, I do seriously doubt many of the stories posted on here, and I do voice myself when I find something that is prominently uncredible and lacking in reality. Even the honorable moderator of the site herself has been skeptical of one or two experiences... I just read a story today where she had questioned the inaccuracies of the story... That doesn't make her a "jerk" though, does it? I wish people would be a bit less intolerant of others' views and opinions in here.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
djeter2: Whilst the mods where away the kids and troublemakers came out to play! This has been addresed a few times recently mate, and you will find the majority of people on this site are actually quite nice people, of course you will have your religious fanatics and skeptics, but this will always be the case when one searches for the truth to these experiences. 😊

Dan
djeter2 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
What has this site become? If you don't believe what the thread starter has written why not move to the next story? It seems everyone is so quick to dismiss someone accounts as false.
When KKK members attend the same church it's called a KKK church, why is that so out of the realm of possibilties?
Their reaction with the footsteps and slamming doors at the beginning was that of paralyzed fright is that impossible to believe too? Sheesh this is like the third story I have read in a row where the posters might as well have called the thread starter a liar. Don't get me wrong I don't believe every single story on here butif I doubt thier story it's just that doubt. I don't know for sure if it's fact or not but I am not going to be jerk about it either.
What is funny that if kids are on here making up stuff your over the top reactions are making it even worse.
It seems that there are some people here just on here to poke holes in everybody stories whether true or not. The legitimate stories on here on being nitpicked by skeptics with no other reason but to be vicious. If you are a true pessimist why are you on here?
mystia (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
I don't understand why God won't take these poor children home and heal them.
How aweful to think that after they die,
They are left to wonder around with holes in their heads still wounded and not healed after death. How horrible for anyone to wonder around still wounded and/or sick and not comforted after death. After death I certainly don't want to wonder like this,
Or be in someones atic or basement or old abandoned house. I hope the afterlife is better than this!
misfitsdoll (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
hmmm maybe because its a load of bullcrap?:) I don't think we're going to get any answers on this one peeps xxxx ❤
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-25)
Well, Haden?
Do you have any comment on this, any rebuttal, any refinement, any accusation, any dispute, any clarification, any thought, any yes, any no, any maybe so, any quarrel, any agreement, any war, any peace, any word, ANYthing?
I've just about run out of anys...
Wildone (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Oh, but the KKK is a religion. They have ceremonies, rituals, a hierarchy. If you look up religion, it states "Religion encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and religious experience." MANY in the KKK, found it (present day KKK, is NOTHING as it once was) a spiritual cleansing to clean their world of impurities. It was the thought pattern that those who were not as them, were abominations.
The KKK started out in 1865 to restore white supremacy in the aftermath of the American Civil War. What the members did from there is what makes most people believe them to be cold hearted murderers. When it all began, they were supposed to target African Americans, Jews, and Roman Catholics.
But their own intolerances got in the way, and they became "secret domestic terrorist organizations in the United States".
There were actually a few "waves" of the reign of the KKK. The first one was touched on, the second began in 1915. Both had their targeted people, both were effected by peoples personal prejudices.

As for this story, yeah, no. I do not think so. There are too many unanswered questions, most of them posted well before I got here, and NONE of them have been answered by the author. I am too young here to really make a point, but that does not sit well with me.
misfitsdoll (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Hiya,

Im sorry but I have to agree with Ohiowatha and Frawin. This just doesn't add up, also there is no such thing as a KKK church it was an organisation not a religion please do not accociate the word CHURCH with the KKK its rather insulting. Also there are too many inconsistancies in your story. You said you saw the boys with holes in their heads but then stated they died from a beating?! Surely they would have died from being shot in the head.

Im sorry but IF and I do say IF you have made the story up and this didn't happen to you, its really really wrong of you, there is nothing "entertaining" reading a ghost story about people being murdered especially children.

But if I am wrong I do apologise, but I'm sorry but with this one I don't believe.
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Wow for being a site that is about things of this nature you really see how skeptical people are even ones who believe... Even if there are a couple of inconsistencies that doesn't mean this story isn't true and really no one has a right to just go out and tell someone they didn't see what they did that is just plain messed up and I know you guys would hate it if I told you the same thing... Ok so maybe the KKK is not a religion but that doesn't mean that they didn't all go to the same church in that area and have there little Clan meetings or whatever there as well... I mean come on guys, what is it coming to if someone can't even post on this site because they are worried about the skepticism they will get when they write what they saw... We have enough of those on this site we don't need it from people that have had experiences and believe come one what's up with that... Great story by the way and I am sorry some pleople have to see those sort of things and worse go through them but really good story.

God Bless,
BigPatti 😉
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
http://www.adl.org/backgrounders/american_knights_kkk.asp
Well there's your article on a KKK Church... And here's a picture of one

Http://www.lincolnmaine.us/history_photos/klan_methodist_church.jpg

...they do exist weither you know it or not... There may not be a specific church "named" after the KKK, but they DO in fact go to church.

As for the story itself, the minority races were killed in many different ways back then from being tarred and feathered, shot, drug behind cars or horses, hung, you name it and they've probably done it. I've also read different cases from when they tarred and feathered the person and beat them and then hung them and even burnt them after they were dead, but in this story the psychic says one story and you seen another case. I'm not disagreeing with anyone that has commented. This is just my own personal opinion and "google action" ha-ha 😜 Thanks for the story and God Bless!

Burnzy
PanasonicYouth (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
It sounds like a send-up of an old urban legend I've heard.

And also, everyone who mentioned this is quite right - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A KKK CHURCH.

They are an organisation, not a religion.
AllieRN (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Haden,
I have to agree with Ohiowatha and Frawin on this one! To many inconsistencies! At first you stated you seen theese people hanging from a tree. Then, you go on to say the psychic told you they were tarred, feathered, and beaten and that she was right on the money with what you saw! Which is it? Sorry I am just a bit confused!

AllieRN
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Ohiowatha, thank you for giving voice to some of my concerns, especially in regards to the existence of "an old KKK church". Like you, I've never heard of such a thing before.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Well stated Ohiowatha, you summed up my suspicions pretty well. I was hesitant to comment on this one because I was afraid of sounding too harsh. Very good questions and I too am waiting for them to be answered. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😐
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Paragraph #2 made me skeptical and I remain that way after reading through the whole account. When I'm eating lunch, and the front door opens/closes, kitchen cabinets open/close, refrigerator opens/closes, and backdoor opens/closes, I don't merely look at my friend and turn pale. If this really happened to you, it would change your life forever, not make you look at your friend and wonder. If this really happened to you, wouldn't want to explain this in greater detail? Perhaps you're just not that kind of writer, but the way you barely describe this encounter almost as if it's commonplace makes me wonder if it ever happened at all.

And, upon going out into the yard WITH you to see three bodies hanging in a tree, wouldn't that have been enough to convince people something was going on? Why did you choose to not discuss this until after that night when you saw the same people in your house? After Aunt Mable and you saw these people in the tree and you saw them in your room, why did it take Mable a few weeks to contact someone?

Finally, what on EARTH is "an old KKK church?" I am positive that, while members of the Ku Klux Klan did attend church, there were no KKK denominations of Christianity, much less any officially registered as such. A record of a KKK church and records of people being murdered there? Very, very doubtful, especially considering most lynchings were not recorded at all, let alone in historical registries.

THEN, after all this, you conveniently find bones in a spot she told you to dig, yet you didn't bother to discern whether they were human or not? This is just unbelievable. Unless you can provide me with some very convincing answers to my queries and fill in some questionable parts, I refuse to believe this story is true.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
You know what Hayden, your psychic that came in the house would have had ME wondering whether she was on the "up and up" or not. Especially when she first told you that she had done some research on the house before actually doing a walk through investigation.
When your Aunt found the bones, I would assume she called the authorities and had them come check them out as they could have come from something other than what the psychic suggested, in fact, you didn't mention. What DID she suggest happened there? Perhaps you should ask your Aunt what the authorities thought about it, just to ease your mind a bit about the possibilities.
Did she happen to be able to communicate with the ghosts and determine why they were actually tarred and feathered? The reason I ask is that in my understanding of the crimes committed by the people in the title of your story, they did not tend to want to spend a lot of time around those of color, and they certainly did not want to touch them as much as possible. To tar and feather would have taken much more of their time that they could have been elsewhere and in the company of "their own kind". That is curious. Also, any clue as to why there were holes in the heads of the young boys?
Wow, from the sounds of it, they were shot in the head, then tar and feathered, and then hung. What an injustice to ANY human.
Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Hi Haden. LOVE YOUR NAME BY THE WAY! I have to say that living in a place like that or even visiting for that matter, has to be horrifying to say the least! I believe that MOST of the hauntings were residual and not a poltergeist. Poltergeist are manifestions of a different form. You are or were at the right age to have Poltergeist activity. However, Poltergeists are manifestaions of stress, sexual angst, etc of a teenager! They are NOT a ghost or spirit only a creation of yourself. Poltergeists cause MUCH chaos, as in throwing things, breaking things, etc. I do not see this in your experience. Unless you are leaving something out! It sounds to me like a residual haunting as well as tormented ghosts that need to be released if they already haven't been. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Wow, how sad and terrifying. I do hope that with the renovations and digging prayers were said to help the poor soles stuck to cross over and finally rest. I will keep them in my prayers as well.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
Wow that was freaky. I just wonder how it must felt like seeing those poor people hanging of a tree. Even though they were ghost I just think I would go crazy. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rootwomin (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
a sad but true story of a haunting that could have happened practically anywhere in the south.
thanks for posting such a poignant story.
nigheanruadh (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
To be honest I feel like I've heard this story before, or a very similar one. I find it a bit odd that no one bothered to try to identify who/what those bones may have belonged to (at least from what I gather from the information you have posted). 😕

Did anyone try to identify the supposed bones or contact authorities to check it out just in case?

Thanks for your story!
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Haden, what a good story! I bet that was frightening to see those poor people hanging there in the tree. This just goes to show how much history is on the lands we live on. So did your aunt sell the home? I hope all is well with you and your family, now that this has come to pass. This place also has a very strong imprint for you guys to see them. I enjoyed your story and look forward to reading more. Thank you, and God bless ❤
deathcipris (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
Wow that had to be terrifying to see some of the things you described. I'm glad everything quieted down for you and I hope all stays well in the house.
-Matt

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: