You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted Church Basement

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Church Basement

 

I'm one that loves scary stories and stuff, even after my experience I still find it interesting. I'm a 16 year old girl going to school, not thinking much about the school being haunted. Due to a part of my school burning down, there was an arrangement that some forms would have school in the Church basement. This was a church that I was accustomed to, we would sometimes have worship there, nevertheless form 4 began and that's when I had classes there. Let me tell you, the minute I walked through the door for the first time, I felt something but I had put that behind me.

The girls washroom and boys washroom were not that far apart, only a small walkway led to the girls washroom, big enough for two persons to walk through standing side by side, it reaches to a staircase that leads to the Alta and a door to the girls washroom where there are unfinished bathrooms blocked off by shower curtains. There are mirrors, 3 bathroom stalls and 3 sinks. Opposite the door to the washroom there is a door that u can see through.

I would never go to the washroom by myself because of the feeling I got; the intensity in the room and the weird feeling that someone was watching me. One day I and my friend decided to go to the washroom before class, while having a normal conversation we heard someone in the middle stall. It sounded like the person was crying, we didn't bother to harass them, we kept having our conversation. And Then a girl came to the washroom from another class, looking for someone to were she decided to opening the washroom doors. As she went to open the middle we both said "no there's someone in there", but she had already opened it and to our surprise, there was no one.

I didn't bother to as anything, tears filled my eyes, the adrenaline rushed through my body, we looked at each other and ran to our classroom. It may seem long in this story but it was a short time, it all happened so sudden and fast. I was spooked out more than usual that entire day and I had told one of my other friends about it. At the time she didn't want to believe me but then we had an experience of our own in the washroom.

I'm currently still going to school, it's 2020, that happened last year but there is currently this Covid Pandemic. I have a lot of stories about this church basement, some people obviously would believe it because it's a church, I completely understand, I myself would have doubts if it wasn't coming from myself.

If anyone happens to read this and wants to hear about the other experiences, let me know. I'm sorry for it being this long ❤️

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GabriellSelena, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

robo (15 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-01-12)
you hear crying sound from bathroom no one at the 🤔 inside the room may be ghost try to tell about covid more horror going to happen
M00nchxld_ (3 stories) (9 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-11)
I would love to hear your other experiences, this was such an amazing story, thank you for sharing, I love the descriptive details too- ❤
GabriellSelena (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-08)
Thank you guys so much 🥰 I didn't think anyone would have read it... I will definitely write some more ❤️
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-06)
Just because a building happens to be a church, doesn't mean it can't be haunted by entities other than the "holy ghost." There are many accounts from all over the world of sanctuaries (of varying stripes) being haunted by all manner of entities.

I think your account rings true in its brevity and simplicity. Looking forward to reading of what more you may have experienced!
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-12-29)
I,too, would love to hear more stories from you. I am especially curious to hear what happened to your friend who was a non-believer until she had her own experience.
The_Morrighan (2 stories) (44 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-12-15)
Great account, thank you so much for sharing it with us.
It could be worth digging into the history of this church a little. Perhaps check if it has a turbulent history in any way I.E. Murders, suicides, etc.
I look forward to reading more of your accounts, welcome to this marvellous site and keep safe.
Bright blessings.
LisaD77 (8 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-12-14)
I would love to hear the rest of your stories. The longer, the better! I love a nice, long ghost story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: