You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Gamer Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Gamer Ghost

 

My aunt on my father's side has resided in her current house for nearly the past thirty five years. The house is settled within a comfortable suburban neighbourhood just outside a highly commercialized area of Kingston, Ontario. Throughout most of the duration of her residency, all seemed peaceful and uneventful. Over the past six months, I have made multiple trips to my aunt's house to give her signed copies of my published books and also to engage in some leisurely chats with her before heading to work in the afternoons. Throughout my life so far, I have made so many trips to my aunt's house and never experienced anything out of the ordinary. It was never until fairly recently that I became informed of one particular incident that occurred during a relaxing Saturday afternoon in the summer of 2012.

My youngest cousin was twelve years old at the time. She became bored that Saturday and decided to invite one of her friends to their house and spend the afternoon playing some video games in the basement. My aunt had recently purchased a new Xbox 360 as well as a copy of the new Just Dance game. For those who are unfamiliar, Just Dance is an interactive series of games in which the player performs a series of dance moves choreographed to the moves of live action dancers on the screen while modern or classic songs play in the background. The player is rewarded points for accuracy.

They began playing and at first, really enjoyed their time together as they tried to earn the highest score, while simultaneously laughing among themselves after making mistakes. The midday sun bled through the basement window and was positioned at just the right angle, that they were able to clearly see their silhouettes on the television screen. During the middle of a song, their attention was abruptly diverted to their shadows on the screen. The were fully aware that they had ventured into the basement alone, and yet they clearly noticed a third shadow standing directly in between them. This shadow was shorter than the two of them and resembled that of a small girl. Perhaps around the age of six.

Intimidated, the girls backed away from the television and the smaller one remained. It continued to just stand in the same position completely motionless. Instinctively, they fled the basement and apprehensively informed my aunt about the encounter while she watched some television in the living room. My aunt went into the basement to investigate and the mysterious spectre was no longer present. She then promptly shut off the television and claims that no further incidents have occurred.

The following year, my cousin was celebrating her birthday and informed one of her other friends about the occurrence the previous year. Her friend assured her that she was psychic and walked with my cousin to the basement to take a look. After a brief moment of analyzing the environment, she claimed to have spotted the vague image of a small girl sitting in the far-left corner of the basement. Though no other sightings have taken place, I am highly intrigued and wonder if I may end up witnessing this phenomenon during my next visit.

Other hauntings by GingerRead

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GingerRead, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GingerRead (16 stories) (33 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-31)
Thank you Berggraf38. That sounds plausible. It's too bad we just happen to be so terrified of something simply because we don't understand.
Berggraf38 (3 stories) (22 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-01-28)
Nice experience report, GingerRead

I fully understand people getting scared and running from phenomena like this, but I sometimes feel sad for the spirits. I wonder if the little girl was having fun with your cousin and friend on the game, and if she felt sad or confused when they ran away.
GingerRead (16 stories) (33 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-26)
Hello Rajine, I'm not sure, actually. My aunt said it happened too long ago for her to remember. My cousin might know.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-26)
Hi GingerRead

Did the psychic friend give a reason as to why that little girl is there? I wonder if it is a previous owner or a random spirit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: