You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tap On The Leg?

Real Ghost Stories

Tap On The Leg?

 

I wasn't going to write about this, but can't NOT, as I would love your input.

This happened just last night at 3am almost exactly.

My bedroom is just down a very short hall from the front foyer of our suburban home, which is in a very quiet subdivision in an ATL suburb. There are two outdooor lights that stay on all night & light up our foyer quite a bit, so my room is probably lighter than I want it, but... Security & lots of glass doors. My husband has been sleeping for about a year now in the back of the house -- through the living room and the kitchen to the family room in his recliner... He says it's the only place he can sleep after having hip replacement surgery, no problem, I suppose we're getting old, haha.

Went to bed normally last evening around midnight and was fully asleep and dreaming to where I can still remember the dream, which was nothing out of the ordinary... Something about my old college town. It became apparent somewhere in my dream that there was a tap, tap, tap on my right calf (I was sleeping on my left side under lots of covers, so the tap was not meek). As I became aware, but not sure if it was part of my dream or perhaps even the beginning of a charlie horse I continued to come out of a deep sleep. I mention the charlie horse thing because I had experienced my first one since childhood just a few weeks ago while sleeping & it was not fun, so I guess that's where my brain was taking me in the moment.

My entire right hand was alseep and I had a nagging thought that perhaps my heart rate had slowed a lot. I was diagnosed & treated for A-fib last October, likely as a one time side effect of the covid virus which I had last August... They corrected it with an electric shock in October & I've been pretty normal since then except for these meds which thin the blood & slow your heart.

I've always been healthy, a runner, now swim every other day 45 minutes, so my rate tends to stay lower anyway, but this is something I'm probably too aware of & plan to ask about at next appointment. (sorry, boring).

Anyway,since my hand was asleep, I thought all this quickly & wanted to move around to get the blood circulating, though I felt fine. So I stood up, all this in my mind but also confused by the compelling "tap, tap, tap" on my calf which woke me.

I stood up next to my bed, noting one loyal husky/border collie dog was right at my feet, next to where my legs had been (though the bed itself is quite tall & the dogs never get on it). She was still sleeping soundly. Just then I noticed a bright flash of light to my left, corner of my eye in the direction of the foyer. It was large & fast, completely unexpected. I'm going to admit, my mind was now racing & the first thing I thought of was people on this forum who say lights flashing in one's peripheral vision can sometimes mean angels. I walked out through the foyer, turning left into the living room, which has basically a wall of windows high & low (so the flash could've originated out there). But I heard NO cars on the street, my mind quickly trying to rule out a flash of headlights, which would be very unusual at 3am on a Monday morning. Also, had not checked the time yet.

Continuing to sort through this, I thought perhaps husband had walked to the bathroom next to our room without me hearing him & perhaps turned on bathroom light & closed the door. That might've explain the flash in the corner of my eye, but that wasn't the case. I walked through the Livingroom & kitchen, the other dog still asleep there -- to hear husband snoring from his recliner, which was at least 60 feet & three rooms away from my bed. All was perfectly quiet.

I went back to my room, checked the time. It was 3:03 a.m. I was shivering more than normal, but then it was colder last night.

Was there someone telling me I needed to wake up & get my heart pumping faster again? Well, THAT certainly got it going!

Years ago after my mom died, I was asleep one morning an felt a very light touch on my hand. This was different, not harsh but insistant, a repeated attempt to wake me. I think I feel ok about it, protected maybe. But that flash... Would love to know.

One last thing FYI: last night upon going to bed I prayed my usual Lord's Prayer, thanked God (I'm a Christian) & asked for health & safety for my family as I regularly do. I added, "Protect this house" which I attribute to my watching a lot of the Slapped Ham You Tube channel over the weekend. Am I watching/reading too much unexplained stuff? What's too much?

Other hauntings by Pelatiah

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pelatiah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pelatiah (4 stories) (73 posts)
 
4 months ago (2023-11-20)
Here it is, months later and I haven't been to this site in a long time. Isn't it wild that I completely forgot about this incident until I was reminded about it just now, here?

I find that when things are "paranormal" they get very fuzzy, which is why I recommend writing them down.
KenS80 (1 stories) (40 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-03-09)
Yeah I agree. Not all is as we believed or were taught. Can you post any images of area 51 and your findings?
Pelatiah (4 stories) (73 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-30)
Lost Voyage,
Thanks so much for your thoughts. I appreciate the idea about a prayer before looking at the topic material & have even thought previously to listen with headphones, I suppose out of some weird thought that it's more private in case "anyone" happened to drop in. The prayer's a great thought.

I am curious, but also very much in this world... It all just makes so much sense in a way though, now that I've realized not all is as we believed or were taught.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-01-28)
Hello Pelatiah, thanks for sharing your story.

My feeling is that you're spot on regarding your intuition that something was trying to get your attention and that's it in a nutshell. I don't feel it had dark intentions or you were in any danger, it was more like 'hello'

Many people everywhere are more frequently reporting the spots and flashes of light and they do indicate spiritual presence and various colors indicate angels. It's all good. As people develop spiritually and utilize their psychic/spiritual gifts, they seem to be the ones reporting the flashes more and more as well as seeing things like movement out of the corner of your eye. I could go further down the rabbit hole as to why this is increasing if you like, but it's nothing bad, more like the veils between worlds thinning.

You indicated watching a program dealing with unexplained phenomena (I apologize as I'm not familiar with the show) and you're of course a member of this community, so you are interested in what lies beyond this world. You're open to the supernatural and have a healthy dose of skepticism, it's being open that allows contact like you had, with the tapping and the flashes.

A lot of people have sleep disturbances between 3-4 AM, this has been reported more as a function of the sleep cycles and energy patterns on the planet more than a drop dead time of ghosts (the 3 in the morning phenomenon). Others have noted, where it's 3AM in CST, it's 4AM in EST, 2AM MST, 1AM PST for example, so how could a ghost appear and know what time it is since 3AM doesn't occur everywhere at the same time?

I don't believe you're watching or inquiring in some form or fashion too much of the unexplained phenomena, it's a healthy curiosity. You indicated you pray before sleep for protection, so you're looking out for yourself and your home. One thing I would add, that I do, is pray for protection prior to reading or watching anything with supernatural or paranormal overtones. It will keep anything from attaching as you open up to those channels. I do it before I even read or respond to anything on this site as well as regular nighttime prayer and find it helps.

I'm not sure who your nocturnal visitor (s) were, but feel they were just checking in for a greeting, and they were definitely making sure they got your attention!
Pelatiah (4 stories) (73 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-26)
Rob, I do remember reading something about flashes of light in one's peripheral vision regarding angels also.

Either way, something wanted me to get up. The 3:03 thing was creepy also.
robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (35 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-26)
Good day,
According to Hans Holzer, a flash of light can be a function of a haunting. I don't remember any particular reference to how it works though. Obviously, one would have to rule out other sources.
Best,
Rob
Pelatiah (4 stories) (73 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-26)
Hey Rajine,
I wonder why it's mostly at night that it happens? I think I should've said also that the flash was a really unusual looking flash also. BIG. And super fast. Almost like over my left shoulder as I was standing there.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-26)
Hi Pelatiah

I had a similar experience that I posted on here, however I got a slap on my leg, I suppose that whatever it was, was trying to get your attention.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: