You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Jensen Street

Real Ghost Stories

Jensen Street

 

The house we raised our kids in was built in 1907 and so I'm sure it had a rich history. But it's old charm is what drew us to it in the first place.

We knew we were not alone after one of our first nights in the house. Sitting at the breakfast table, the kids asked us why were were running up and down the stairs all night.

We lived in the house for a duration of seven years and so there were a lot of strange things that took place.

I had been all too familiar with these sort of things and so it didn't concern me one bit, and I certainly didn't want to feed into the kids fears. I would simply play it off as it being an old house and such.

We hadn't been living there very long when my husband and I got our first taste of our 'roommate '.

It was late at night and the kids had all been tucked in, and we were settling in for the night ourselves, when we hear a very loud thump just outside our door in the living room. Assuming it was one of the kids misbehaving, my husband quickly popped the door open. We were shocked to see that the house was still pitch black and there were no kids to be seen. When he went downstairs to check on them, they were all sound asleep.

Sometime later I had a friend over and she and I had gone into my bedroom, I noticed right away that the door to the master bath was shut and found it odd because the only people who used that bathroom were my husband and myself. When I attempted to open the door I found it had been locked. Thinking that someone was obviously in there I called out. There was no answer, so I called out again; still no answer. I then heard what sounded like the shower curtain being moved.

I decided I would go and grab the key to see who was in there, so I walked over to the closet and by the time I walked back to the bathroom door it was cracked open. I threw the door open and taunted whatever was in there by saying " get out of my bathroom ".

On another occasion while my husband and I were watching television, we heard the back door open and slam shut. We assumed it was one of our kids just coming in as they always did, so we yelled out " don't slam the door ". There wasn't a response. My husband went down to confront them, only no one was there.

One night in bed, husband snoring logs as usual. And I laying there not being able to go to sleep, I suddenly felt as if we were not alone. I distinctly heard shuffling in the carpet. I tried nudging him, but he wasn't waking. I quickly turned on my side and pulled the blankets just below my eyes. I was facing the window and it was winter time and this window always had a draft. I could feel the icy cold air from the window on my face, and I could hear the shuffling travel to my side of the bed. Again I tried nudging my husband, but he was out. Then I heard the sound of lips smacking or being licked repeatedly, right next to my face and then a very hot type of wind on my forehead.

We had decided to remodel the down stairs and during the renovation, the frame began to leak. While my husband was outside repairing the leak and the downstairs was gutted, we told the kids not to go downstairs. I had been doing laundry this particular day, going back and forth from the laundry room that was down in the basement to the upstairs.

I noticed every time I was returning back to switch a load one of the bedroom lights in the basement was on, so I would turn it off. It kept happening, so naturally I got upset and went outside to tell everyone to stay out of the basement and to turn off the lights when they're done. The kids had gone down to the playground to play and my husband hadn't gone into the basement.

We had to complete a course in order to get our house refinanced, and were mailed certificates for doing so. I had a spot where I kept all the mail and important papers, and I stuck those certificates in that very spot. I know I did and I saw them daily, right where I put them. There they remained for a couple weeks, until we needed to present them to finalize our refinance. Husband asked me to grab them, and so I went to do that and they were not there!

I couldn't figure it out, I know where they were and they were just not there anymore. Doubting myself I began to think that perhaps for some reason I moved them, I began to tear the house apart searching for them. They were nowhere to be seen and I felt like I was losing my mind. But deep down inside I know where they had been.

We gave them up for lost and ordered another set. It took a week or so to get the new certificates. Just like before I set them right where I set all the mail. When it came time to present the certificates, just like the time before they were gone!

Now I really began to feel nuts, once again I tore the house apart looking for the second set. Not finding them.

I sit down in a chair in the office, ready to give up. I looked over at a mirror leaning against the wall and could see an envelope poking out from behind it. Sure enough it was the certificates, only it was the originals I had first lost. The new ones were still missing.

I can't tell you how badly that whole thing made me feel, I knew that something was playing a prank on me. A little while later I found the second set of certificates just sitting on a shelf out in the open.

Those were probably the most eventful things that took place in that house. Not much really, just thought I would share anyway.

Other hauntings by Dar77

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dar77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dar77 (10 stories) (64 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-11)
MrsRamsay- thank you for taking the time to read my story, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Your story of a strange pin drop is peculiar to me... Definitely not just the normal sounds a house makes. Is that the only thing you've experienced in your home?
MrsRamsay (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-11)
I read your story with interest. Once, shortly after moving into the house we're in now, both my husband and I were awakened at the exact same time, though we didn't know why. Both of us lying there, listening (I somehow knew he was awake and vice versa) we heard what sounded like a pin drop (not kidding here, it was a very strange, faint sound in the dead silence). The next morning we both started talking about it at the same time. We both knew it was coming from our daughter's room at the top of the stairs... Our room is at the bottom of the stairs with a two story foyer (so it's very open and sound travels actually better between our room and the upstairs rooms better than it would if the rooms were all on the same floor). To this day, we have no idea what it could've been. But we'll never forget it. Amazing how one small sound in the middle of the night can stay with you!
Dar77 (10 stories) (64 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-09)
Silverthane61- I believe you are right about that! They seemed to really enjoy the affect it had on me. I'm just glad that I finally found the documents and that we no longer live in that house. It also seemed like they caused a lot of abnormal arguments amongst the family and also played on some of my personal fears as well. Thanks for reading and again for your input
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-09-09)
Playful (hostile) entities are said to draw energy from fear and stress. I cannot think of anything more stressful than refinancing. Add to that the dilemma of losing your certificates and I can see those entities gleefully enjoying the smorgasbord of stress being offered them. I get the impression that this house was a house you lived in in the past and that you no longer live there. I am willing to bet you have several stories to share about this home!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: