You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Splashes in the Empty Swimming Pool

Real Ghost Stories

Splashes in the Empty Swimming Pool

 

First of all, I need to start with the fact that even though I sort of have a sixth sense, that doesn't mean I know everything about ghosts, spirits or even the future. All I do is sense what is going on in my close friends' and relatives' point of view. So, let's start.

I was at a local swimming pool, just swimming as you can guess and I was enjoying the time with my 10 year old daughter, Kaylee. We were having fun and splashing about. Basically, just having lots of fun in the water.

A couple of hours passed, so everybody had to take a shower and return home, but since Kaylee and I are related to the lifeguard, we have a special pass that allows us to stay until five 'o'clock pm in this particular pool.

I thought that since the adults' pool was empty and it's right next to the juniors', I would have a swim in the deep end as I'm a strong and fast swimmer.

When I swam to the half way point of the deepest column of the adults' pool, I felt a splash on my back and I sensed it wasn't my own splash of my feet popping out of the water because my feet are under the water at all times and that's the reason I can swim fast.

I looked behind and no-one was there, even though I spotted a shadow approximately three meters away from me, showing on the opposite wall I was swimming beside.

I carried on swimming because I thought it was just one of those days when your mind gets all muddled up... But of course... It wasn't.

When I reached the three quarters point, I felt a splash again, but when I looked behind, the water was clear and still and the shadow was gone. I got pretty freaked out so I called Kaylee and said, "Come on sweety, it's time to go now. You've been here long enough..."

She replied, "Mum, you promised we'd stay until five 'o'clock and that's still half-an-hour away from now, Please mum..."

"Kaylee, I've changed my mind, we'll come back on Friday," I said.

When I got to the showers, I turned the Power shower to the fourth hottest temperature for the shower water. I touched nothing on the showerhead after that. When I turned the shower off and went to dry my hair in the hair-drying section (which is right next to the showers). I have a sixth sense so something told me to suspect that particular shower head I was using. As I was drying my hair, I was trying to concentrate on the shower-head and when I looked away and didn't expect it, the shower-head burst out with water.

I ran to turn it off when I felt that it was freezing-cold water. I looked at the pointer and it was still on the fourth hottest temperature.

I continued to dry my hair in the section behind it so I could try to avoid the spirit that was stirring things up. After I'd finished drying my hair I checked on Kaylee who was still in the shower. I thought I wouldn't walk in because I sensed the spirit wanted ME!

I just waited until Kaylee was ready and I left in relief.

That's the end of my story.

Please comment and try to help me sort out this spirit that wants me!

Heather Essence

Other hauntings by phsychic_freak

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, phsychic_freak, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Yukari (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
I have had some scary experiences in water as well. Mainly in my boyfriend's pool in his backyard. I have a water mask becasue I just love be able to see under the water. So I usually wear it and just swim around looking for stuff that my boyfriend or his friend will throw in, like dimes, quarters, pennies, small stuff like that.

My boyfriends dad threw something into the pool and it got stuck behind the ladder you walk in to get into the pool. I went under with my trusty mask and was attempting to wiggle around the ladder when I heard a very loud, very clear high-pitched noise. Now, I am sure you have all been swimming before, and you may notice when under water, sounds are louder yet more distorted. Startled I rose out of the water and asked of anyone had called me. They shook their head and I shrugged as if I was hearing things.

I went back under the water attempting to look for (I think it was a dime he threw) behind the ladder. It was dark behind the ladder because obviously there is a shadow, however I wasn't thinking it was scary because it was a clean, blue pool filled with my favorite element. What can be scary about that?

I finally found the dime and it was wedged half way under the ladder (my luck). I had to squeeze and muster a lot of strength to get far enough behind the ladder to grab it, but when I did I heard the scream again louder than ever, and right next to my ear. I shot a glance next to me and I saw a woman
's face almost directly in front of mine. I panicked, and almost drowned myself while faliling my arms and attempting to get the the surface. When I rose out of the water with a scream everyone looked at me. I didn't know what to tell them so I just said a water bug bit me. The face of the woman still haunts me to this day, he face was so solemn and is so much agony. I wish I could have controlled myself and acted rationally so that I might have been able to help her. I haven't seen this woman since, but who knows, Summer is coming and the pool will be open for business soon. <I might write a more detailed story of this and post it once the submissions are open again>

PS. The showers at any public swimming pool scare the CRAP out of me. They are all so creepy.

Thanks for the story!
Nightshade (40 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
Oooohhh, you've got a lover! *claps* CONGRATULATIONS! Oh, sorry, but I really have to do this:D Heather and spirit sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g! First comes love, then comes marrage, then comes the baby in the baby carrage! I'm really sorry. Um, I went swimming once with my kid, Juli, she's 2. I had a kid at the age of 12. I'm 14, now. And boy, was the first time I saw a ghost scary. BYE!

Yours Truly,
Nightshade ❤ ❤ ❤

((hugs))
KermitaTheFrawg (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
That is a story in which you believe it or you don't. I personally have on and off feelings about this story. It sounds to me that this is a "entertaining" story

-Leia
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Sorry, idiotic typos. It makes the English grammar sound demeaning, doesn't it?
Grrown= grown (obviously)
And in last sentence= any
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
I find it sad that full grrown adults cannot write a good story about their own experiences. I am 14, and am able to write a full-bodied story. But I'm getting off topic. I'll have to agree with Ohio on this one. And sensor of pressure underwater can cause a splash.
- Kirby
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
No offense, but based on the facts relayed in this story, I think you may be reading too much into these incidents.

Swimming in a pool is bound to produce some splashes. Any part of your body coming out of the water can produce a splash. Even your feet NOT reaching out of the water could cause a splash just by producing force just beneath its surface. Also, water refracts light very well and swimming pool waves can cause shadows and light to dance all over the place.

Shower heads turning on by themselves is slightly more alarming, but water coming out cold when set to hot is not. Just ask my landlord...

Because you say you know you have a "sixth sense," you may be more prone to project the supernatural onto totally natural situations.

I am not refuting your story, but merely providing an alternate, simpler perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
JPing (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
I'd have to dissagree with WB on this one. To assume that a ghost would act in a certain way is a rediculous assumption. No one in the world knows enough about ghosts to possibly make such an assumption. We frequently hear stories here where ghosts act very differently to how we expect them to.

It could well be that this ghost WAS trying to communicate with you but was unable to do so in any way other than by splashing about and turning on a shower.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
Hello Heather. I would have to agree with everybody here. I don't think that the spirt wanted something from you. I think this could have been a Residual haunting. Try finding more information on that swimming pool. Maybe your friend felt something or heard something about a haunting there. I hope to hear from you soon and take care.
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Like any typical ghost, it problably just wanted your attention. This particular person either was a devoted lifeguard how didn't want to leave or, obviously someone who drowned.
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
What do you mean by it wants you? Just cerious? Oh and I agree with whitebuffalo. She has a point. If it really wanted you then it would have tried harder and done more things then just splash your back and use the same shower though. Good story, I like it.
😁
keekee404 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Cool story, it sounds a ghost is attatched to the place. Since you have a 6th sense, it's possible that you were just picking up things from the entity so you were able to react. Like a few others have said, if it was "after you" then it may have done something a little more.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Heather,
It may be that this particular spirit is attached to the swimming area you were at. Have you had any otheroccurances away fro the poll area? You may have just happened upon a residual haunting, or even an intellegent haunting from someone who has some type of connection with that pool.

Thank you for sharing your story with us!
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Actually, Heather,
I would not personally think that this particular ghost wants you. To me, it sounds as if you were just in the right place at the right time. It would sound like, to me, that you were simply sharing a space of time with a life impaired being who enjoyed a good swim (and a cleaning afterward).
By your own admission, you are a person with the sixth sense. I would think that if the ghost had wanted to make a firm contact, it would have done a bit more than splash water at you and have a shower in the same stall as you had. I would think that it would have followed you or spoken to you.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: