You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Empty Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Empty Hallway

 

Greetings to everyone! I've been an avid reader on this site for a year, and I have now decided to make an account and publish my story. And note, this was my first experience. More to follow.

And by the way, just for details. I am a Filipino, and this happened in our old home in Dubai.

I was 16 years old. As a kid, I've always been a big believer in the paranormal. I've researched about them extensively. My relatives on the paternal side have always been in touch with their sixth sense. One uncle in particular was a very gifted medium. My brother and I never really inherited them, or so I thought. But I knew I could hear and feel them every once in a while.

That's when I asked my uncle to do a cleansing on me when I was a kid. I told him that I never want mine to be fully open. But I guess those expire as well.

It was December of 2011, I had just flown in 4 days ago from the Philippines. My body clock, yet to be adjusted. It was 4am on a cold Thursday morning. I was the only one up, as usual. With my laptop on the table, a movie playing, headphones plugged in and a snack by my side, I was comfortable sinking onto our living room couch, in the stillness of the morning.

For those who are familiar with Dubai, we lived in Jebel Ali, in an estate called The Gardens. Multiple residential buildings, about 6 storeys each. With each floor having about 10 units, meaning there's that long hallway once you get out of the elevator or stairs.

After a few minutes of getting comfortable, I hear this scream coming from the hallway. At first, I just thought it could be a neigbor's kid playing. Since it sounded like the screams were pacing from one end of the hall to the other. But I suddenly remembered the time. Who the hell plays and runs around at 4 in the morning? I heard it once more, this time I decided to stand right behind our door. Being able to identify it now, I was surprised. It was the scream of a little girl. This time, however, it was right outside our door. I could literally hear it, and my jaw was wide open and eyes completely shocked. This lasted for a good 6-8 seconds. After a few seconds, the scream started to move away.

The family next door had a child, but theirs was still a baby. To our right was a wall, and a fire exit. We lived at the very end of the hallway.

Now each floor and hallway, right after you exit the elevator, has a double-door. Like the ones in hospitals? Those types. Small windows at eye level, and no handles, push-type kinds. Nothing fancy, just for added security I suppose. During the day, these doors are kept open. And I mean both doors. And at night, the security comes in to every building and closes them. But you can still use one door, while the other is locked.

Perplexed, I decided to check out the hallway. I open our door, sticking only my head outside, and look. Nothing unusual, the lights are lit, the hallway doors are closed, no neighbors to be seen. I turn to the right and check the fire exit, and again, nothing unusual. So I close the door, and head into the kitchen to drink. Our kitchen entrance was merely 6 feet away, all you had to do was turn right. But even before I could reach the kitchen, I hear it again. It sounded like it was coming from the entrance of the hallway, but it was coming closer. Then you could tell that it was screaming right at our door.

Now this was the time I decided to go to bed. I was pretty much freaked out and scared. I didn't even have the guts to close the laptop. I walked briskly, not looking behind. And I kept on uttering, "wtf wtf wtf". Before I reached my bedroom, the shrieking stopped, much to my relief.

I never heard it again for the rest of the time I was there. But it still freaks me out to this day. If anyone may help, I'm all ears! (Or eyes) and if you guys need further clarification, would be glad to help. Once again, thank you for taking the time to read. Good day!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pjtots, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Goth237 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-11)
Wow, I would have been terrified 😨. I don't have any insight into what you may have experienced, unfortunately. But thank you so much for sharing your story.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-30)
Sounds like a misplaced banshee. I had a bit if a Google and discovered that there are banshee type legends from many cultures around the world - many far closer to Dubai than the British Isles! One in particular stood out to me - the pontianak of Malay origins.
"In folklore, a pontianak usually arises at full moon and announces her presence through high-pitched baby cries. If the cry is soft, it means that the pontianak is near, and if it is loud, then she must be far."
Https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontianak_ (folklore)

Wiki article on the banshee:
Https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee

That's my best guess anyway...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: