You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Pool Incident

Real Ghost Stories

The Pool Incident

 

I seem to be on a roll here but it's still early and I have time. This is my third experience I've ever had. My last story I have mistaken that as my third but I forgot this one until the end.

I was around 15 and it was the summer time. I had a friend two years younger than me and I often went to her house. She had a friend over that day so that makes an extra witness as well. We were all goofing around in her above ground pool. She has a little brother about 9 too. He was inside as the three of us girls were swimming.

Since I'm double the age that I was, now, I can't really remember who saw this first but we all three saw what looked like a flashlight going crazy inside her house. We all got out of the pool and slowly went towards the house and peaked through that sliding glass door we seen it through and we couldn't see her brother or anyone. She tried sliding the door open but it was locked. The flashlight, round light was still going crazy just circling all over the house. We were scared and just assumed someone had broken in, that was our first thought, but we never saw anyone walking around. My friend then started screaming for her little brother to come open the door for us. When he came to the door he tried yanking and just couldn't open it for us. All awhile this ball of light still moving all over that living room right behind him.

We finally just went around the house and was able to come through the front door. The light was gone. We tiptoed around the house looking for an intruder. Searched the closets, showers, nothing. When her grandmother came home from work that was the first thing my friend mentioned was our bizarre day and the grandma had a reaction that neither of us were expecting. She started choking up and crying! She then told us that she feels in her heart that that ball of light was her mom. She said her mom said she would come back as an orb and to look for her but it had been 8 years and she hadn't seen it yet.

We didn't and still don't know what to think but looking back at that day, it really couldn't have been a flashlight because it was in mid air too. I just remember being so scared for our lives in the moment thinking a person was inside her house and would harm us if he knew anyone was home. But why would her great grandmother lock us out? I'm not sure what to think but if her grandma was right, it was my only orb experience.

Other hauntings by Jessbcr25

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jessbcr25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-02-26)
I believe that the reason why she locked your'll out is because your'll weren't meant to see the orb, imagine if your'll went inside and saw nothing but a flashing ball of light floating around? Your'll seemed pretty freaked out just by seeing it from the outside, but up close and personal would be even more scary.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-01-04)
Jessbcr 25,

Keep asking questions, the only dumb question is the question not asked.

My tone in my response may have come across as a little condescending that was not my intent.

Keep sharing your accounts, it's how we all learn, grow and find answers, via connecting the dots and comparing our opinions.

Regards!
Jessbcr25 (5 stories) (10 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-24)
Thank you for enjoying my stories. I know I tend to ask why this? And why that? I'm just full of questions that can never be answered. But it's fun to hear everyone's thoughts on it as well. I appreciate all of the feedback and sorry it takes to long to respond. I have a couple experiences left that I plan on writing very soon!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+5
3 years ago (2020-12-02)
Tweed,

Don't take it the wrong way mate, when you stated:

Many believe that we're just not supposed to know certain things from this side. Lord knows it doesn't stop us wanting to know.

I couldn't agree more with you, my remark was with intent to support your post. I won't let it go Tweed, I need to know as much as I can, however the more I know, is the less I know or something like that.

Cheers!
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-02)
Daz I don't know why you've addressed me like that at the end of that comment. But I liked your comment to Jess, so ah, okay. 🤔
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-12-01)
Hi Jess, " But why would her great grandmother lock us out"?...

Answer: Because poor old grandma has been waiting for a sign for 8 years with no luck Jess that is why.

Jess, when we cross over from the earth matrix and leave our avatars behind it's not that easy to come back to our loved ones and leave them messages, if it were, you'd be hearing screams in the neighbourhood 24/7 from an avalanche of paranormal activity, if I were the great grandmother I'd be doing the same thing.

Locking the door was additional information to help grandma realise and believe her mother came through, it wasn't intended to be taken any other way or to frighten you guys.

I was fortunate enough to talk to my mother after she crossed over on the 5th of may a few years back. At the end of that conversation she said to me, Darren, it's my birthday:)

Here's the deal, it wasn't her birthday or at least her earth birthday, she was letting me know through those final three words she is happy after a 8 month horrible experience with cancer.

Hi Tweed, and yes, I believe we come into the earth matrix with total amnesia, otherwise there'd be no point being here if we knew what the gig was about prior, furthermore I also believe our ghostie friends who are talented enough to come through are limited by perhaps spiritual laws not to give too much away... Lol

Disclaimer, My opinion and beliefs may or may not be correct? Take them with a pinch of salt.

I don't believe I'm suffering any mental conditions at the time of posting my response?

Regards Daz
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-11-30)
Hi Jess, it's too often that paranormal encounters leave us with more questions than answers. I want to know every why and how too, like I could crack some secret code. Many believe that we're just not supposed to know certain things from this side. Lord knows it doesn't stop us wanting to know.

I hope that woman got to experience the orb eventually. Maybe it was floating around erratically trying to find her.

Thanks for sharing your experiences I'm enjoying them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: