You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What Blew In with the Storm

Real Ghost Stories

What Blew In with the Storm

 

My wife and I had just opened our camper that was parked on our driveway in the back, when the tornado sirens went off on May 31st in Minneapolis. We had the cover of this full size camper off and laying on the lawn. We quickly ran in too see the forecast on the local channel. We were expecting tornados and deadly winds, as the storm approached Minneapolis according to the weather station.

My wife and I quickly jumped in to action; I ran out and raised the ladder. I quickly grabbed the protective cover for the camper and dragged it to the side of the camper. Spending much time in the BWCA and wilderness area of the Midwest, I took a moment and stepped in the alley to view the darkening sky. Wow, we had a storm brewing that we have not had for a long time. The static electricity was so great that the hairs were standing up on my arms. At this time I knew we were in for a light show!

My wife quickly ran in to check on her mother (her dear husband was in the hospital and she was really worried about her being alone). I ran up the ladder and started dragging the camper cover up the side, when the air got really still... The sky turned black and I could see the approaching storm clouds velocity growing and turning dark as night. All of the sudden the ladder fell to the ground and I turned, there was little or no wind. I was stranded as the black clouds approached closer and closer, I started calling for my wife who was on the phone trying to get in touch with her mom in the house.

She could not complete the call; the stereo turned up to max volume... And all of her effort to turn down the stereo was fruitless... Because of the volume of the stereo she could not hear me calling for her help as the dark clouds approached while I was stranded 12ft in the air.

Finally as the storm got closer, she came running out to tell me of her terrifying experience with the stereo and noticed me stranded on the camper. Though I have been in many scary predicaments both in my everyday life and the investigations we have conducted, this particular event made me feel very vulnerable and helpless to the powers that be.

My questions would be; Does the static electricity create and intensifies paranormal activities that exist with a powerful storm? Does the fear and vulnerability that people feel during a great storm make them sensitive to paranormal activity? We are a ghost hunting team; could an entity follow us home from a previous investigation? Could it draw strength from a storm? Though it could be explained away easily due to the storm, the wind was not enough to hinder me pulling a large cloth cover up but it was strong enough to topple a metal ladder?

Other hauntings by MNPROPHET

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MNPROPHET, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
Personally, I would chalk this up to physical, terrestial causes, both the slipping ladder and adversely affected stereo.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
I would say it had to of been something paranormal knocking that ladder over. I too have experienced heightened activity during fast moving thunderstorms.
GL! 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
MNPROPHET,

I live in Nebraska, so I have had many experiences with the type of storm you are describing. There is SO much energy and such power in these storms that even the actual logic part of science has not figured out how to harness the energy, so I would say yes. Yes, these storms definitely pack enough energy to bring much paranormal activity.

You probably could explain away some of the occurances you were experincing, but... As you are one that seeks out investigating paranormal activity, you know what to look for and how you feel when there are occurances.

Thanks for another great story!

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
MNPROPHET thanks for another fascinating account.

I think you have answered your questions yourself. Yes, I believe that paranormal investigators can become quite vulnerable to what exists beyond our little universe and by mendling with the unknown, it's only expected that at some point you will have the "unknown" tracking you down.

Spirits do need a lot of energy to manifest so, I suspect a storm provides them with the energy needed to do that. In addition, I don't think that the vulnerability one experiences during a storm can make them more perceptive but I believe that people who are sensitive will eventually come face to face with the other dimension and sometimes a near-to-death or traumatic experience can trigger that confrontation.

As for your last question,...,what are really the chances? I have to wonder myself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: