You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: A Ghost Hunt

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost Hunt

 

This happened a couple of months ago. I study media at college and we got an assignment, which was to make a short 10 minute documentary about anything we wanted. Because my friends and I find the spirit world and all ghostly goings on really interesting, we decided that we would do our documentary on ghosts. We decided that we were too scared to spend a whole night in a proper cemetery but I knew of this place round the corner, which is a really old war memorial, but it has about 15 graves at the back of the memorial.

We had all our equipment, like camera and torch, and we wore really warm clothing just incase it rained (it's England after all). We got there about 8pm and it was already dark. After we plucked up the courage, we made our way to the graves at the back. We took a look round and you could just feel how creepy it was there. My friend started to talk out loud to any spirits, saying that were not there to cause any harm. We made our way further up the back. I was holding the camera so I had to lead the way. I stopped at a tomb-like grave and I was trying to read out to the camera some of the writing engraved.

My friend told me to go to the top of the tomb because it says when she died. As soon as she said that, I heard a really loud moan in my ear, so I screamed and we all ran out. We were looking back over the tape and luckily the moan had come out because no one believed us. We showed our teacher the footage we had, and whilst looking closely, my teacher stopped the tape and zoomed in to where the tomb was and you can see a Victorian looking lady standing by the nearest tree, and a blue face in mid air. We zoomed in more and looked at other shots and there are faces in the walls and on the floor. We decided we had to go back and see if we could get anything else. We took some candles this time and a digital camera to get a clearer picture.

We found some more faces and on one photo where a candle is resting on the tomb, if you zoom in you can see a clear face blowing at the candle! Also by the tree where the Victorian lady was standing is a solid white girl in a coat with a hood a little like Little Red Riding Hood's coat! I have not been back there since but we are planning to go again in a couple of weeks! I have pictures from the second ghost hunt on http://www.piczo.com/dontgetscared.

Thanks for reading my story!

Other hauntings by Georgie252

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Georgie252, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chiara6821 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Hi I am a ghos hunter too so you can click on my name for my email
LisaHauntedforlife (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
I once went to a grave yard with family members. There is one grave that the tumbstone is a casting of the trunk of a tree. It was told a young school teacher had hung herself because her fieance never returned from the war to marry her. She was only in her early 20s. We took a vedio camer to just take some shots to see if anything showed. It would not turn on, the battery had full charge but would not work. Disapointed we drove away. Still messing with the camera it turned on only a few blocks away from teh grave yard. You were lucky to get proof on film.
Linz (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
i love this story! Ahha

So creepy:)

What did you get on the documentary btw? You didn't mention that 😜
Sharon_Hatfield (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
I liked your story, but I could not find your pictures. Is there anywhere else on the site where I could see them.
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I could not see any faces or figures either.
Sometimes when we set out to see or sense something we convince ourselves something is there just so it is successful - maybe because you were on a ghost hunt you interpretated things differently than if you were there by pure co-incidence.
Saying that, I'm not doubting you at all, just throwing across a different option
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
Wopw nice ghost hunt. I bet you thought you wouldn't get anything but at the end you were quite surprised when you found all these evidents. To bad that you didn't post the pictures along with the story. I checked that site but no luck. I hope the next ones goes well like this one did. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear fromn you soon and take care
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Hey there,

Very creepy story, but pretty cool. As long as they don't follow back around the corner or something. I'm somewhat of a ghost hunter myself. I've been trying to contact spirits through a Ouija Board, but no luck yet I think its the board. I got it off the internet, because the don't sell them here in Japan or I havn't seen one yet. Me and my friend (he's on this site too) bigpatti87 have recently found this site, and enjoy reading cool stories/expierences like this. Keep us Posted on new developments and stories as we will too!

p.s. We're trying to visit the numberous sites here on this island of Okinawa. We looked up on 'shadowlands'and found the different sites and there's quite a few! So, if you're really interested in the different places around you check out that site 😊
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
I am a ghost hunter too. I enjoy meeting and speaking with other investigators! We should e-mail! Click on my user name for my email address if you'd like! Nice story, btw.
Georgie252 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Yeah sorry the site had to update them or something but they are working now! 😆
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Hi, I also checked to see if I could find the pictures but no luck.

I was wondering if you could post along with your story.

Thanks
Mickey (6 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Hey great story but I couldn't find the pictures on your website. 😢 But I would get scared too if I saw faces.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: