You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: J. Timothy's Taverne

Real Ghost Stories

J. Timothy's Taverne

 

Just recently, I was at J. Timothy's Tavern in Plainville, CT with a friend. We were standing in the entry/exit way, waiting to be seated when she pointed to someone standing by the fireplace. I couldn't hear what she said, but I noticed a single, solitary man standing alone, staring off into the distance. I was surprised no one else was looking at him because he stuck out like a sore thumb in his blue tailored jacket and blank expression. My friend left me briefly to talk with someone, and while she had her back turned, the man walked past me. It creeped me out the way he stared straight ahead and no one else was looking at him. He gave me a strange feeling, so strange that I wanted to reach out and touch him, just to make sure he was real. Instead I just watched him walk past me and into the next room, and I can't quite explain it, but I just didn't see him anymore. I thought maybe he had ducked down onto one of the bar stools, but, nevertheless, decided to mention it to my friend when she returned to me.

"That man that you were pointing to was really creepy." I told her. "What man?" She questioned, confused. She said she had been pointing to one of the waitresses and hadn't even seen anyone by the fireplace. We decided to investigate by wandering into the first room, but as I studied the faces and jackets, he wasn't there. The only other room that he could have been in was a closed off one, but on our investigation, we discovered a set of stairs leading up to a private party room, overlooking the other one, including some of the hall we had just been in. I studied every face, every jacket, and he wasn't among them. We continued searching every other room (although there's no way he could have gotten to them without crossing out path again) and he wasn't anywhere.

What do you think?

Other hauntings by SUNisRISINGforACE

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
Armyofcastles,

While the 'Anglo's' time here in the states may be short compared to the History in some other parts of the world I think we've managed to cram a whole lot of 'event's' into the years from the first European Settlers until now.

So, yes...History...it's not just a measurement of time it's what happened during the time that has past.

If your only here to 'get a rise' out of folks, well the Late Night Troll Patrol is on duty. So either attempt to be helpful or push off...

Respectfully,

Rook

LNTP
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
Armyofcastles,
Yes, and EVERYONE here can see how proud you are of that history from your choice of names. I find it funny how you Euro's never do quite recall where we came from. That's right, from over the pond. It's always fun to get a good giggle at our expense though, isn't it? And the history of the white man in America may be short, but we weren't the first ones here, now were we? Nope. You guys sent your best and brightest little criminals to come here and enslave those with a different color of skin, now didn't you? Get over it pal! Your hands in the mix never did work out well.
At least we have good dentistry.

Jav
Armyofcastles (4 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
America has history? My small town in the u.k. Has more history than that place.
priestessblue (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
I think that restaurant is supposed to be one of the "haunted" places in this state. We have a ton of them as you probably know due to all our history. So I ain't surprised!
korelli3 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
my sister works there so when I go to eat I record on my I pod. And one time I caught a glowing girl. She glowed a blueish glow 😲
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Maybe he's still waiting for that special someone to show up? You said he had a blank look on his face, maybe he was confused.
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
hmm I live like 20 minute away looks like I'll be taking a trip there very soon!
Tyler (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
i hope J.Timothy's isn't haunted, that is probably my favorite restaurant
Ashley Marie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
I think that you definitely saw something that wasn't supposed to be there. I would check into that building to see if it is haunted...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: