You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Grandson, Timothy

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandson, Timothy

 

Several months ago, I submitted a story about events that occurred while my husband and I were remodeling our house. (Did we wake up Ghosts?) This story is related to that but concerns my grandson, Timothy. At the time he was about two or three years old. (He's 7 now, and doesn't remember anything about the incident).

My daughter and her husband had come to visit. Her husband liked to watch wrestling on television with my husband on Monday nights, so it was kind of a regular thing. They also had a newborn son at the time. I mention that because my daughter said that the newborn always acted 'different' when he was at our house. He was either extremely fussy or extremely content and happy.

So, on this particular night, Timothy was playing in the area that we had been working on. We had taken some walls out and the whole area was kind of open. He kept going toward a corner of the room, looking up the whole time. (I know, you're probably thinking of the horror movie "The Messengers". But, believe me, none of us had even seen that movie at this time!) He would walk to one particular corner, looking straight up and point at the ceiling, smiling the whole time.

When I noticed what he was doing, I would follow him and ask, "What do you see, little guy?" He would look at me for a second or two and look back at the ceiling, but I couldn't understand what he said. But he had A LOT to say! He talked to the ceiling for several minutes, then he'd go play with his toys. A few minutes later, he'd get up and do the same thing.

I told my daughter, "Ok, this is starting to freak me out. Timothy acts like he's talking to somebody! And he looks as if he's really seeing something!"

We kept trying to distract him, but for about an hour or so, he kept getting up and going to the same corner and looking up and jabbering. Meanwhile, my newborn grandson was very fussy and crying and my son-in-law was trying to comfort him.

After an hour or so, the newborn, Elijah fell asleep and Timothy crawled into my husband's lap and went to sleep too.

This happened a few more times when they came to visit. After our remodel was finished, it never happened again.

Timothy is 7 now, and though he doesn't seem to remember that happening, he will not go into our back bathroom, which is off of our bedroom. This isn't the corner he was 'fascinated' with before. But if his little sister or little brother is in the front bathroom, he'll wait until they are done. I feel like he's afraid of that one little room for some reason, though when I ask why he won't use that bathroom, he just says he doesn't want to. We never make him go in there, but I'm curious as to why THAT room seems to frighten him.

If you've read the other story I've mentioned you'll know that there is some activity still going on in my house, though it has diminished in the last few years. I think they he may be a sensitive like me, but I don't know how to approach him about it, or even if I should. I had no one to talk to when I was younger and experienced similar things. I'd like to be able to talk with him about it, but I feel that it would be better if HE brought the subject up the first time.

What do all of you think?

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Wondering1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wondering1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
Well, he's really young. Anything about that bathroom could be freaking him out. Are they decorations in it really old? Is the bathroom old? Maybe something in the atmosphere, (not paranormal), is scaring him. Read the book Does This Church Make Me Look Fat. The author of that book describes a similar situation where she and her sister were afraid of a really old bathroom with creepy looking decorations and a big toilet and toilet paper holder that for whatever reason scared them. Hope that helps.
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
I'm with Zeta and lostghostgal. If he has a gift, it will surface in time. I think he's at the age now where the suggestion might frighten him. He hasn't developed coping skills yet to deal with something this big.

I grew up in a house with a room like that, the bathroom you speak of, I mean. All of us kids were terrified of it - a bedroom in the back of the house with a cold northern exposure and a depressing atmosphere.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
Whilst I do agree 100% with the below posters... I also somewhat feel that he is at an impressionable age now and a lot begins to be said and showed from here on in whethere it be at school or at home even with a movie etc...

So, without being direct and maybe him feel uncomfortable... Try coax him into showing interest in that room, for example... You mention, but only to him that you swore you saw a funny lady in there... Maybe he will feel like he is not alone now and start opening up...

I do also suggest and advise his mom, your daughter that you are going to do this...
Hoping this will help in anyway.
Rozo
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
Hi Wondering:

My opinion is that you should not bring this up to him or mention it in anyway. As you stated, you do not think that he remembers that when he was so young and most likely, no he doesn't. To say someething to him may frighten him even more and he may not wish to visit anymore. I am glad that you don't make him use a room in which frightens him. I agree that he may see more as he gets older and I believe he will speak to you or someone about it. You state that you believe that he may be sensitive as you are and that is very possible. I am sensitive, my mother and grandmother were also and my daughter is as well. I never started talking to her about it until she was older. The main thing is to tell your grandson when you do speak to him about it is that it is something to embrace but not to revolve your whole life around. That's what I did anyway,.

Hope that helps somewhat. Good luck to you all.

Zeta.
lostghostgal (69 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
All you have to do is Be patient he might tell you someday can't force him thought but it might be something there that scare him Not sure.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: