You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Yummy Monster

Real Ghost Stories

Yummy Monster

 

You'll probably find yourself giggling away at this story. I know I do whenever I think about it these days. But it terrified me when it originally happened!

I'm a bit hazy on how old I was at the time, but I think it was round about when I was 11-12.

It was a gorgeous day, so my friend and I decided that we were going to have a picnic. We grabbed some munchies and my dog at the time (Lucky) and headed to my local park, which was roughly no more than a five minute walk. Once there, we decided to go up to the top of the hill where there is a little ruin of a house (most likely the gardener's, as the park used to be fenced off, there was even a park warden! But that was all before I was even born).

The house was basically hidden away by young (thin) trees. It was a lovely shady spot so we didn't have to worry about the sun. Anyways, we're sitting munching away: god knows what Lucky was off doing, probably sniffing a tree. All was nice and peaceful when I hear "yummy yummy yyyuuummmmyyy" (no kidding) I looked at my friend, kind of shocked and she looked at me.

Finally one of us said "did you hear that?" first instinct: someone is hiding and pulling a prank. Well, one look around and you can see if anyone's there- we saw know one. It comes again "yummmy yuuummy yuuuummmyy" okay, I'm scared (always have been a big wimp) and we bolted leaving everything!

Now we're out on the top of the hill in the open, there is definitely no place to hide. It comes again. This time, only about a foot away from me! "yuuummmy yummmy yuuuummmmmy" Lucky starts going nuts! Seriously, she starts barking and snarling then she starts jumping up and down on the spot like she's trying to attack someone. That just freaked me out and I'm ashamed to say I bolted. I ran to the bottom of the hill to the actual park and dragged some poor man back up to the top of the hill so I could get the stuff back out. I can't remember what I told the guy, but he very nicely came back with me anyways.

My friend was a lot braver than me and had gone back in, gotten the stuff out and waited for me at the top of the hill-with my lovely dog!

I know it sounds pretty unbelievable, and if it wasn't for my dog attacking something invisible I'd have put it down to someone pulling a prank... Still I like telling the story every so often because it usually gets people giggling!

What's strange though is before that happened, I used to go up there by myself all the time, and nothing ever happened. I've only been back there once since it happened a few years back, but I was only brave enough to peak in-sadly, it was covered in beer tins.

Other hauntings by spikess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spikess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Oh my gosh, that was hilarious! πŸ˜†
Sucks about the beer cans, though. 😭
Cool (yet extremly funny) story! ❀
Peace out.
-bumblebee55
ilovearcher (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
lol,that was funny, yet weird.
πŸ˜†
I think what ever kept saying "Yummy" must have loved the food.
Lmao!
swparanormal (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
You know, we are usually preoccupied with the dark, evil, and mysterious side of the paranormal. But we never actually take time to think about the cooky and almost crazy side of it. There is extreme evil and then there's plain old goofy. Glad there's something like that out there to counter balance... πŸ˜†
sweet_girl (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
Oh God... Such a funny story. A monster that said "yummy yummy yyyuuummmmyyy".
He must have been a very hungry monster.

I am in splits. πŸ˜†

Well,take care. ❀

****Be Happy! Spread Smiles!****
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
LOL I like this story, it made me laugh. I wonder who wanted to eat your food?
spikess (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
wow lol, I wasn't expecting quite so many comments! Guess it was a bit silly for me to be scared, but I was an extremely wimpy child and well it was my first encounter with invisable things! I think it was the sandwiches that did it lol.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
This is actually a very funny story. I realy enjoyed reading this story. As frawin said one of the funniest! Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
KarenRawrr (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
Wow, this story actually shocked me a bit. For one reason, I have never read a comedy-type ghost story on here; most of them were full of mystery and horror. And for another reason, you were actually scared of 'it' saying "yummy yummmy yummmmy"?

I'm not making fun of you or anything, but it's kind of weird. Of course you would of been a little freaked, but I thought you would at least let out a little laugh. I mean, it's pretty hilarious!

Plus, maybe it just wanted some of your food. I'm sure it was yummy yummmy yummmmmy! Haha:P
lilprincess (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
thats actually a pretty cool story because the "thing" sounded very funny πŸ˜†
But what on earth are you talking about by saying that the expirience was scary I mean come on that story is hilarious πŸ˜†
This is the best "ghost" story on the whole site because before I joint "yourghoststories" I read these stories and I have NEVER read one like that!

Best wishes
love
Lilprincess ❀
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
That is pretty funny. I do believe that there could be a child ghost saying that because he or she was very funny in life, or the ghost was trying to get attention
😁
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
That is pretty funny. I do believe that there could be a child ghost saying that because he or she was a funny peron in life.
darklink13 (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
um ok a yummy ghost well it does sound good I mean come on yummy than ghost well go in than eat it!
😁
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
YUMMY! That's hilarious! I suspect that it just had to be a friendly ghost! (If it was a ghost anyways!) Of course, if your dog was barking at something invisible, then it was...

Yuuummmy yummmy yuuuummmmmy! πŸ˜†
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
This has to be one of the silliest stories I have ever read on this site- I enjoyed it tremendously. Thank you for sharing it with us. 😁

FRAWIN 😊
ghost_hunter997 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
yummy-yummy-yummy-yummy funny lol this I don't think is even a ghost story its more like a comedy act πŸ˜†
spikess (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Thanks everyone:D I'm glad it got a few giggles lol, to this day I'm still curious to what on earth it actually was!
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
It's nice to know that not all unexplained encounters are the stuff nightmares are made of! This is--or ought to be--a classic of mysterious comedy. Gotta love a critter with a sense of humor, though I'm sure your dog might not agree!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Oh, by the way, from now on you are my favourite poster and this story goes straight to my favourite list!

Tammy ❀
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
I cannot for the life of me know what you encountered that day but this was the funniest story I've read so far πŸ˜†.
I'm literally gasping for breath πŸ˜†

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: