You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tall Monster One-time Sighting

Real Ghost Stories

Tall Monster One-time Sighting

 

Several years ago I saw some sort of monster hovering over my bed one night, but not since. Usually when I see something along the lines of the supernatural, I can tell if it is malicious or not, but I didn't have any kind of feeling one way or the other this time. I also could not determine gender, if it had one.

I was on my side facing the wall, when I got the feeling I was being watched. It scared me, so I slowly looked above and behind me (in the direction of the doorway/middle of my room) when I saw the monster. It was just sort of standing there right up against my bed, but what really stood out was that it had to lean over my bed; it was too tall to stand upright. I didn't get a good look at it, because as soon as I saw it I turned my head again and acted like I hadn't seen it, but I'll do my best to describe it.

It was tall, as I said, maybe seven or eight feet. It was wider than a normal person as well, and took up about half of my mattress's width. It was humanoid, as in it had hair, eyes, a face, and was biped. The hair was about shoulder-length and looked black, but it was dark in my room and I can't confirm the color. The creature itself was hard to see. I couldn't distinguish any facial features, or anything it might have been wearing, but it seemed to have a dark color. It had shoulders, so I can only assume it had arms and hands.

I was terrified as soon as I saw it, so I can't confirm the next few details, but this is what I think it looked like in addition to that. I think it had golden eyes, dark grey skin, and maybe even wings - hard to describe them, the only indication was what looked the end of one behind it and to the side. I distinguish those details from the others because I remember them somehow differently, and it is very possible I imagined them after the fact. I know I wasn't sleeping, because the fear of it was all too vivid, and I remember staying awake for hours after. When I finally worked up the courage to look over my shoulder again it was gone, so I turned on my bedroom light and went back to sleep.

Though the experience was scary, it didn't do anything else, and I am not afraid of it. I only want to know what it is, and if it might have a reason for what it did. My father doesn't like hearing when I talk about these kinds of things because he thinks I lie, and my mother is - a nut, I guess. It is obvious by the way she talks about supernatural things that a few of her experiences have been real, but she took it to the next level because she wanted to be recognized as a special person with some kind of mystic power. I can't really trust her input too much.

I am only here years after the fact because I started to watch an anime called Death Note. In it, there is something called a Shinigami, or God of Death, which is something that existed in Japan in several religions and in folklore. While in real life there exists no depictions of what a Shinigami physically looks like, the rendition in the anime reminded me vaguely of my experience.

I started to look up Shinigami and things of similar nature, but none of them are anything like the thing I saw, including the show's Shinigami character. This lead me to wanting an answer as to what it was I saw. Don't mistake this for me saying, "ERMERGUERD, I saw a Shinigami, guyz!" - because I really, really doubt it. Any help or advice would be appreciated on the matter.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kayli, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

IzzyC (3 stories) (13 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-22)
I wonder why things so often seem to like watching us while we sleep. I mean, how interesting can that really be?
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
It sounds to me like an elemental. But, then, I'm obsessed with the elemental kingdom. I'm far more inclined to believe it to be elemental than demonic or extraterrestrial or a monster. Or an angel of death. Dunno... To me, spirits and elementals feel accessible, believable... Everything else feels a little far fetched. But that's just my opinion... I believe in both higher and lower astral beings, don't deny their existence, I just think people get very excited about their presence, very melodramatic about the dark side. Elementals are very curious about humans, odd looking, inclined to look frightening without being evil. Just a thought. Loves " ermagard " that cracked me up.
mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
I think that if you saw it once could be any explanation like stress, hobby based e.g Japanese animation and stuff, like if I said imagine a dog in a turtle shell, you can probably picture it straight away because your creative. But if saw it more than once then omg... You gotta real big problem lol.
Take care
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
I agree with BadJuuJuu, you probably just made it curious as to what you are. Sometimes things that seem frighting at the time, but later on don't seem as terrifying are harmless. On a side note I love Death Note!
Arwen1957 (7 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
I think we are inclined to describe the unkown in terms that terms we understand. If I saw your monster I would call it an orc or ringwraith. Since neither they or Dark Note exist in our realm it had to be a being that made you feel the way you would have if you had really meet Dark Note. Something from a dark place that just happened to allow you to see it. Since it did not harm or attempt harm I would think a nature spirit of the night, caves or even a deep forest where it is dark as in not a lot of light.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
I have to admit, I laughed when you mentioned Death Note. Only because I was thinking of the Hollows from Bleach, though. That's just how my mind visualized your description. I agree with you that you didn't see a Shinigami, don't think it was a Hollow either.
Since this was only a one time sighting, its tough to guess what you may have encountered. Whatever it was, it doesn't seem that it meant you any harm. My guess is something noticed you, was curious about you, and was taking the opportunity to observe you. Some entities are just as fascinated by humans as we are of the paranormal. I can't give you any answers as to what it may have been, but I think its motivation was probably just curiosity.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: