You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Monster Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Monster Voice

 

This happened to me in November 2012.

My husband had recently died-he committed suicide behind our house about two to three weeks before this event.

I was grief-stricken and very depressed at this time, as you can imagine, but I had to keep myself somewhat presentable and pulled-together for our three children.

You should know also that even though I did watch ghost shows I never knew they really existed and I figured they did not, because I should have seen at least one by now-I was 37 at the time. My teenage son would make me laugh by making fun of my tv shows and we only watched them for fun and a scare.

Anyways, during these few weeks after his death I couldn't eat hardly anything and I slept for only about two to three hours each night.

But even with all that being said I am very sure this actually happened. I was NOT groggy and definitely not dreaming. I was awake and clear-headed. I wasn't going crazy from lack of sleep either because I did sleep at night, just not very much.

I and my 5 year old son slept in my bed since he died.

I remember very clearly wondering what had woken me up and feeling annoyed at having to be awake again since sleep for me was hard to come by at the time and a great relief and escape.

It was about four AM.

I was laying on my side looking at my little son's back as he was curled on his side facing the wall.

Then out of nowhere comes a voice from the bedroom doorway behind me. This voice was not quiet,low-pitched,or hard to hear. This was normal-to- sort of loud and seemed to come from near the ceiling like the speaker was a very tall man.

This voice sounded gargling, rough and growling like the monster voices from a horror movie.

It said my name,"V-...," and a sentence followed.

This is the strangest part- as I listened and understood what was said to me it felt like the memory of these words were taken away so I could not remember what It said.

Why would that happen?

I froze solid with fear.

I started praying in my mind and I slowly curled my body over my son so the thing couldn't get him.

It happened again a few seconds later, calling me by name and repeated its sentence but the same thing happened and I could not remember what it said.

I couldn't move at all after I managed to curl over my son because I was so shocked and terrified. My body was starting to cramp because I was so still and tense. Then I am sure I fainted because who falls asleep after something like that?

What has been bothering me when I think about this is could it have been my husband? If it was then why would he sound like a monster? It did not sound anywhere close to normal.

I would like to know if any of you have heard of this not being able to communicate part.

Why couldn't I remember what it said?

Sorry if the writing was bad or confusing. I wanted to make sure I gave you every detail.

This is the first strange thing that happened to me, like I said. There have been other things since this night but none at all before this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zombiemare13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Zombiemare13 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-01)
MrRiggs
Hi thank you for your input. I didn't know this about the soldiers falling asleep... Makes a little more sense why I might have. I really like your hypnosis idea and I think I will try that and I'll let you know if anything comes of it.
Zombiemare13
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-29)
Zombiemare13 - While I have no helpful experience with ghosts to offer you, some other information may be useful.

Your inability to remember may simply have been caused by fear, and the trauma it created. I suspect this was made more likely because the threat was unexpected and you were taken by surprise. You were fearful enough that you sought to protect your child by sacrificing yourself from what appeared to be (or sounded like) a monster. It is likely your fear level was substantial.

You may have fainted during the encounter. Another possibility is that you fell asleep, as odd as that sounds. Soldiers in battle, facing the stress caused by fear of death from enemy fire, have been known to fall asleep as an escape from reality.

Hypnosis may provide answers to your questions. Have the session recorded. You may find your subconscious mind to be a good source of information.
Zombiemare13 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-21)
Hi Melda 🌸
Wow, this community is so kind-hearted and educated 💕
Yes this was a very scary thing to me-just a strange moment altogether. My husband was a practical joker in life-if it was him I imagine when I die and see him again the first thing he's going to do is tease me for how my face must have looked😱
We have moved on I guess but we are changed forever. Maybe he will try to come see me again and I'll be able to handle it better. Maybe you're right- that I just couldn't accept what was happening enough to get this message from him Idk.
Thanx for your comment.:)
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-21)
Zombiemare - I am so sorry that your husband was driven to commit suicide.

The death of somebody close to us is hard enough but I think suicide happens on a whole different level. I also believe that somebody who takes this drastic action truly believes that there is no other way out. It isn't something that they sit and rationalise. Some people say its cowardly, others say its couragerous. I don't think it's either. I believe that suicidal people find themselves in a very dark place, emotionally, which the average person simply cannot understand.

Your husband knows that he made his family suffer and wherever he is right now, he can't be happy about that. He probably felt the need to apologise, so he tried to make contact with you.

Not having experienced supernatural events in the past, or even fully believing in the supernatural, I can understand that you were terrified. I've had ghostly experiences throughout my life and I promise you, if I heard a scary sounding voice coming from my bedroom door I too would be terrified! (The chances are I would probably be terrified because I would firstly think that it was human - but that's me - humans scare me more.)

I think that you can't remember what he said because you were in shock. I can also believe that you blacked out because of your fear.

I've said the above on the assumption that it was in fact your husband making contact with you. It could of course have been somebody else. The chances are, in my estimation, that it was your husband.

I hope that you and your children have come to terms with the sad turn of events in your lives and that you are all moving forward in a very good way ❤

Regards, Melda
Zombiemare13 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-21)
Hi Emma thank you for the kind words. I like your shooting stars idea⭐️
I'll try the sign idea and see what happens... I suspect you're right about us recognizing our loved ones' spirits. I read this book called Goodbye Again that was all about friends and family ghost visits and I think out of all the accounts only one felt any fear.
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-21)
Zombiemare - I'm so very sorry about your husband. What a heartbreaking thing for you and your family to go through. You must have been utterly exhausted when this visitation happened.

I know that people do take a while to adjust after they pass. It could have been your husband, but I question why after it spoke to you, you were frozen with fear. Deep within ourselves, we recognize the people close to us by their feel or their aura if nothing else. We've all been in a room and felt someone walk in.

Jubeele has a point that you might not be meant to remember what was said. Just like a dream, if you're not meant to act on it, it can fade as quickly as it is said. You mentioned a demon attachment. If this is true, then you might have been protected from a message being retained and hurting you with it.

With all the questions that you have I'm glad that you have your children to focus on. I don't believe that people who commit suicide go to hell. I think that their life here is confused and painful and they see no other way to make it stop. Why would anyone be punished for being in such emotional turmoil?

I hope that you receive a clear sign that your husband is at peace. I ask for shooting stars and when I'm at my lowest, a shooting star will appear in the next night or two. Ask for your sign and believe. You're in my prayers.

Kindest regards,
Emma
Zombiemare13 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
Thank you for your responses Manafon1 and Jubeele- you both had a smart outlook on the whole thing, and maybe you're right about the voice not "coming through" too well... I don't know if this thing had a fear aura or if I was just terrified at the thought that someone inhuman-or ex-human-was in my room right next to me.
I didn't really consider why my son-he was five at the time- did not wake up because you know how little kids sleep lol.
I was afraid it was my husband coming back from Hell since he was a suicide... Or worse, that this was his demon attachment that was now targeting me.
Don't you think if this was my husband trying to talk to me that I wouldn't be fear-stricken the way I was?Idk,maybe not.
I forgot to mention that I was too scared to see wtf something with a voice like that may look like... So I didn't turn around.
After getting over the shock that ghosts and spirits exist, I laughed at how afraid I was and decided to see if I was nuts because of my grief.
I scraped together some money and bought a digital recorder, figuring if I got nothing there was nothing.
It turns out there's a bunch of ghosts there (I have since moved). I couldn't hide from the fact that sounds and voices of some kind were on this recorder-I got 3 nights of zero before I had my first EVP.
But I guess I can submit my other experiences later.
On a side note... Absolutely NOTHING had happened to me when it comes to weird or ghostly stuff before this event.
My husband used to love to tease me about how fakey my ghost shows were... Maybe he came back to tell me I was right.😆
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
Zombiemare, my deep condolences to you for your loss. When I read your account, I had much the same thought as Manafon. Was the fear you felt due to being startled by the strangeness of the event, or did you sense any ill-intent from the figure? If you weren't afraid for your safety, it could very well have been your late husband trying to contact you. His voice might have been distorted from the distance between our worlds and from the trauma of his passing.

The message might reveal itself in due time though, when you're ready and in a more receptive frame of mind. It may be a process that will involve a gradual realization over a period of time.

It's interesting that this was a visitation meant for you alone as your son slept through the whole event. Did he ever have any experiences of his own?

I wish you and your family well and hope to hear more from you. Be well.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
Zombiemare - So sorry to read that your husband committed suicide. That is incredibly tragic. The tragedy is of course made all the more brutal as he was also a father. I do think it is quite possible that the voice you heard was that of your husband.

It is commony reported that the voices of spirits sound deeper, more gutteral and, for lack of a better term, frightening than they did in life. Since the voice is disembodied, quite possibly being transmitted from the spiritual realm, it often comes across as garbled, huskier, more ragged and often incomprehensible. The "monster" like sound is often believed to be the voice unsuccessfully attempting to convey a message. The same effect can be heard if, on an old tape recorder, you only push the "record" button down halfway and speak when recording your voice. When playing it back your voice will sound like something straight out of a horror movie.

It can be assumed that there is a learning curve once one has "crossed over" and trying to talk to a loved one in the physical realm is probably often not successful, resulting in voices that fail somewhere in the transmission between the spiritual and physical realms. To say nothing of the point that the spirit doesn't have a larynx!

It is shocking enough to hear a disembodied voice but to hear a deep, foreboding sounding voice would be even more unsettling. It seems to me that your husband had difficulty finding the equilibrium to present his voice as you remembered it. As to why you can't remember what the voice said, maybe it was meant to be that way. Maybe the message has been retained but only in your subconscious. Often disembodied voices are partially or completely telepathic in nature and when they are, your own subconscious is involved in the process of allowing the voice to convey its message. Maybe this message will become known to you when the spirit thinks it should be or when you are asleep and more receptive.

It is also possible he was just sending a message of love and apology that you can't remember because of the shock of the whole thing. It should also be stated that you might have hallucinated the voice. I had such an experience years ago when I was up for two straight days. When I tried to finally get some sleep multiple voices assailed my ears. Those were huallunatory brought on by sleep deprivation. You state you were getting little sleep, so this is a possibility.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: