You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow

 

I was around 12 years old or so and I had spent the night at my mother's (I lived with my grandma but I go to my mom's when it's the weekend) and everyone in the house was asleep. I was sleeping in the living room and it was dark (not that dark because of the light that was in the kitchen) and I woke up at around 5:00 am. I heard a voice and it told me to leave the house and it sounded like it was right next to me. I was so scared that I stayed up until I fell asleep again. Then, I heard footsteps on the floor and I looked and I thought that it was my step-dad going to the restroom but instead of going to the restroom, it was going after me. I shouted my mother's name and the shadow disappeared and my mom came running into the living room. I told her about it and she just said that we would talk about it in the morning.

We both went to sleep and in the morning, my mother told me that the house was haunted!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
Hey Roy, it's not very uncommon for people to see shadows. I am glad that your mom believed you and told you that the house was haunted, most mothers think that you're nuts when you tell them something like that, not all of them but a lot of them do. well, do you still go to your mother's house? if you hear the voice again, you should pray to God, and tell him to make the shadow go away because I garantee it that God will help you but hey good luck and good bye. I hope that you don't get too scared of it though, although I know it is scary. :-)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: