You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Boy That Wanted His Family

Real Ghost Stories

Little Boy That Wanted His Family

 

About three blocks from my house was a government housing community with about one hundred apartments. Which made for a lot of kids of all ages in the neighborhood all the time. During the summer breaks and weekends a lot of us would get together and play baseball, football, or some other sport to entertain us.

I was nine at the time which would of made it 1986. There was a brother and sister that lived in the top row of the apartments, who would often play with us. The little boy, Eric would have been six and the girl, Jessie was twelve. I know this because they were the same age as my older sister and little brother.

We weren't really that close to their family, but like I said all of us kids would play together, and our parents were friendly to each other.

Right before school started that year Eric was killed instantly in a tragic car accident. His father was also hurt pretty bad. I didn't go to the services but my parents and my older sister did because she was friends with Jessie.

About a month or so later I was at the store with my mother. Jessie's mom was there and she stopped to say hello. Following her was Eric. He looked the same as the last day I saw him before he died. I wasn't scared but I was very confused. Jessie's mom was done talking and started to walk away and I was just froze there. My mom asked what was wrong and I told her Eric is right behind his mom.

She got a concerned look on her face and asked if I was sure, and I assured her he was there. So we went up the next isle where she was and I could still see him and told my mom he was still there. That's when I realized what was really happening. I was seeing a little boy's ghost following his mom around.

I asked my mom what we should do, and she said nothing right now and finished shopping, and then went home.

Later my mom told me she wanted me to go with her to talk to Eric's mom because if it was one of her kids she would like to know. So we went to her house and there were boxes all over the place being packed. She told us they were moving soon because the father (I don't remember the mom or dads names) was getting out of the hospital and had to go through therapy because his foot and leg were crushed in the accident, he also had some brain damage but I'm not sure to what extent and they were moving closer to the hospital in Pittsburgh where he would be doing the therapy.

My mom asked her to sit down and told her we needed to talk to her.

So she did and my mom started telling her about the store and of course she started crying and she walked out of the room. She came back in with Jessie and had us re-tell the story and Jessie started crying too. I think we were all crying to tell the truth.

Then Jessie told us that she had also seen her brother several times and her mom had woke up just about every night with Eric standing by her bed. Then her mom thanked us and hugged me and told me she was glad we told her.

They moved shortly after that and I never saw them or Eric again.

Now years later and being a mother myself I find this very heart breaking and if it was my little boy I would also like to know.

Also if by chance if any of that family would read this and would like to contact me they can. I remember more details about their family that I didn't include due to respect for their privacy.

Other hauntings by IBelieve

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IBelieve, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

noblesbilly (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
That was a sad but inspiring story. To lose a child seems like the most devastating thing that can happen in someone's life. But on the other hand knowing that child was still right there would seem like a very comforting thing. Maybe Eric did finally get to REST IN PEACE! ❤
IBelieve (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Thanks for the comments everybody. I enjoyed reading them. I would like to know if the family still saw Eric after they moved and how the Dad made out. Thanks for reading.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
What a heart wrenching story and so tragic! Poor little boy!😭 I hope the little boy finally moved on! 😢
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
This was a very sad storz. It is alwazs sad to hear about a childs death. But I believe that spirits have the ability to visit us. Not all spirits will stay on this earth for ever. Maybe he wanted to see how his mom was doing. I enjoyed reading your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
This was beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time, IBelieve. How wonderful that your Mother accepted your sight.
I get the distinct feeling that the Mother did not really want to move at this time as she was leaving behind all of the memories with her young son. How absolutely beautiful that you were able to let her know that he was following her. I feel that was the message he was trying to convey.
Thank you.
KakeClan (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Lovely but sad story
Thanks for sharing this with everyone. It's very comforting to realise that there is life after death. Thanks again!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
What a heart-breaking story!

You did a good thing to tell the mother although many people wouldn't react positively but I guess knowing that your child still exists somehow, somewhere is kind of comforting.

I hope Eric was there because of the move and his father's return and not because he had not crossed.

I'll be looking forward to hearing more if you ever contact any of the family.

Thanks for sharing.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
High marks for Mom because she was able to do something that I probably couldn't have done. If there is a God in Heaven and I think there is, then Eric is there too. Thank you for sharing this story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
IBelieve (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Thanks for the comments everyone.
James- My mother was a wonderful women. I also believe she had a gift too but she didn't talk about hers much. She knew I had a gift before I did. She is the reason I can be open about these things. Also her believing in me helped me become a confident adult
I hope that Eric found his way too! I often think of that little boy and pray that he did.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
HI, I really like the story. It's was very cool story. Hope to hear from you soon.
GIRLIE 😁
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
im so glad eric was able to see his mother again, seeing my child again was a truly beautiful experience to know they're happy in the afterlife
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Thank you for sharing this was a sad story, but at least you were able to tell Eric's mom that you seen him and that he was still with them.

😊
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Oh this was very sad, I hope that Eric is resting in peace, poor kid, what a tragedy, I hope everyone is doing better now.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
What a beautiful tribute to Eric, his family as well as to you and your family!

I agree, if it were one of my children, I would want to know they were there as well.

I do hope Eric has been able to cross over.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
IBelieve--What a sad and poignant story; thank you for sharing it with us. High marks to your mother for not dismissing you out of hand and for taking you to see Eric's mother to bear witness. What hard times it must have been for them, yet your second sight had to be a consolation for the mother and daughter, to know they were not "making things up" out of their own grief.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: