You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hauntings In Vegas

Real Ghost Stories

Hauntings In Vegas

 

I was visiting my best girlfriend in Vegas last year and she has a gorgeous mansion in Henderson, Nevada, ten minutes from the strip. The first night, I woke up to the feeling of being watched. But more than that, I was sleeping but "saw" a dark shadowed man leaning over me. I figured it was a dream and went back to sleep. The next day I told my friend and she confessed that her place was haunted. I believe in that stuff, but brushed it off.

We went out for lunch and when we came back, all my stuff in the closet was thrown onto the floor. Apparently the closet is where it likes to stay and it was angry I put my stuff in there. Still not believing, I figured it was her little brother or something. I put my stuff back and went to take a shower.

That was a BAD idea. While I was showering (mind you there are no vents or air conditioning or windows in the bathroom) the shower curtain blew in with full force into me while I was taking a shower, and scared me. Took all my courage to open the curtain, but nothing was there. However, the steam on the walls was dripping (I wasn't even taking a hot shower) and the condensation was red. I went out to the main room and my friend was sleeping. I asked her if she had opened a window, but she wasn't even awake so she couldn't have. I went back into the bathroom and there was a swirl drawn into the steam on the mirror.

We go about our day and I tell her about all this. She's shocked and simply says, "I guess he doesn't like you. He's never been that bad with other people that have slept over. I really think it's because you are Catholic and you're wearing the cross. I once tried putting candles and holy water in the room but he knocked stuff over when I came back in." I'm thinking, "WHAT am I doing in this house?!"

They moved into the house a few years ago and everything was fine. Then, one night my friend woke up to the smell of something burning. She walked around looked, nothing. She got back in bed. She woke up again to her closet light on, balcony open and overhead lights on. That's not all, the fire alarm was going off. She gets up opens the door and the alarm goes silent. She figures someone is burning something outside, she was sleep walking or something and gets back in bed. Again, the alarm goes off. Then the one in front of her mom's room alarms, and they smell the burning smoke/burning hair smell. Her dog at this point is going NUTSO. Barking at the closet and then running out of the room, and barking at her room NOT going in. This went on for hours until she went into her mom's room, went under the covers and slept it out. Ever since, things have happened daily.

Finally, it was time for me to go, and it was my last night there. Go to bed, no problems with the balcony open, but a large rock holding it only partially open. I go to sleep.

I wake up around 3AM (really bad time for evil spirits) and ALL the lights are on, the television is BLASTING and my friend is sound asleep so I KNOW she didn't turn anything on. Her dog is staring at the closet frozen. The balcony is WIDE OPEN and the rock is outside on the balcony. If you're thinking it's the dog, this rock weighed at least 25 pounds. I was freaking out but just kind of tried to keep calm because he knew when you were scared. So I got up and talked to him saying, "If you want to watch TV that's fine. I'm turning down the volume so I can sleep that's all." I turned it down and went to sleep.

That was my experience in Vegas, and I know a lot of other people have had weird things happen in Las Vegas. I believed in ghosts before but this? Unexplainable.

Other hauntings by Giovanna425

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Giovanna425, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jordash95 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
well I live in vegas and in my experience, a lot of strange things always happen on the strip or pretty close to it.
Giovanna425 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
In reply to DeviousAngel's comment "All it takes is barely-warm water and it's unlikely that you took a freezing shower. Also, when you're already scared and things move around like that, it gets adrenaline pumping and blood runs faster, which might explain why the condensation appeared red to you."
Yes I would imagine that is possible, I also thought about the dust from the desert accumulating on the wall which may have a red hue to it. But thank you!

It's strange, my friends attitude has changed a lot since she moved there. I really hope it isn't this "spirit" or "demon" doing it. 😐
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-07)
Hello, Giovanna425.
Two things drew me to your story page. One being that I had a very dear friend, while in the service, whose name was Giovanne. The other being that immediately following my graduation from high school, I spent quite an interesting summer at The Showboat Inn in Vegas. Land Sakes, was that an interesting summer, and all I did was walk THROUGH the gaming rooms.
I wonder if your friend, or her parents have ever addressed the being that resides in the closet area? At times, it IS possible to "reason" with a ghost. For instance, they could say something to the effect of "Now, we are going to have a visitor, and her things WILL hang in this closet. Please LEAVE them alone."
I will be honest, it does not always work, but then it IS worth the try.
As it would appear that this is an intelligent haunt (a residual would NOT be able to remove your belongings from the closet), perhaps it needs to be addressed accordingly.
Thank you.
dmv99 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-06)
i bet you were scared, but if he was cool with me, I'd be chilling with him.
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
If the entity was repelled by the cross you were wearing, and didn't like you, particularly because you are a Catholic, then perhaps a blessing of the house would send'it' away. I too am glad no one has been hurt... So far 😐
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Most of the story you've told sounds pretty truthful, like the burning smell, the smoke alarm, the TV being on loud and the lights. The shadows make sense and the way the dog reacted made sense too. I do believe that there is something in that house, but as far as the red condensation and the steam, you don't have to be taking a hot shower for there to be condensation in an unventilated bathroom. All it takes is barely-warm water and it's unlikely that you took a freezing shower. Also, when you're already scared and things move around like that, it gets adrenaline pumping and blood runs faster, which might explain why the condensation appeared red to you.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Lol... I'm sorry, the ghost obviously has some issues, but you did awesome by reacting to the tv the way you did. In my experience, displaying acceptance and not fear towards spirits is an effective way to placate them (unless they're particularly malicious, but for how long your friend lived there, I doubt that was the case)
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Hi Giovanna425,
Thanks for sharing your experience. Did your friend ever find out who it is that's haunting her house? Have there been any more experiences, has any body been hurt? How long did they live there before anything happend? Have they had it blessed? Sorry for all the questions, but the more information you have the better able you are to understand what's going on. 😊 God bless.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Wow, great story. I'm just glad you didn't get hurt by the entity. Look forward to hearing more from you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: