You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Terror In A Vegas Household 2

Real Ghost Stories

Terror In A Vegas Household 2

 

I wouldn't quite call the stories in this one "terror", but as the rules say a continuation must hold the same title, I don't want to break the rules.

So, as I promised, I'm going to discuss a little more about the haunted house I spent most of my childhood in. For those just joining me, I live in Las Vegas, and up until almost two years ago, I lived in a two story home which I am extremely convinced was 100% haunted. Check part one for more stories along the lines of "terror" and perhaps a little more "exciting" stories as well, but here I am going to describe a few more occurrences that still stand out today.

Let me start by saying that I believe my bedroom was truly a hub for a lot of paranormal activity in the house from what I can best describe as mischievous spirits. I talked a little bit about the "door slamming" incident in the comments of the last one. But I'll share again and give a bit more insight. I had a bedroom that was basically two connected rooms, one I slept in, which had my bed and dressers, etc. The other was basically a leisure room with a couch, desk, video games, my books, movies, etc. And right outside the door there was an open area that was essentially my dad's "office".

Quite frequently, starting when we had knocked down part of the wall to connect the rooms, strange things happened to the door in my "leisure room". The most frequent of which was the fact that, quite often, my door would randomly SLAM shut without a breeze or even a draft. It spooked me, but I would never think much of it until my dad would (without fail) come over and ask why my door was locked. Sure enough, each time, without fail, the door would be locked without me ever having touched the door (as I usually entered from the room with my bed). My dad would often tell me that I would just close the door and forget about it. But I NEVER locked my door, it was just not something I did.

And then one time, while I was on the couch in my leisure room, I looked over moments before the door slammed and saw what I can best describe as a faint "outline" of a small child running away. It looked like a little boy, around six or seven, and was accompanied by a giggle.

As I got a little older, this spirit stopped bugging me as much. So I can only guess, if it was indeed a small child, that maybe they were looking for a playmate. And since it became such a regular occurrence for me, as I began to just shrug it off, he (or she) became bored with me. I'm not sure how a child would be there, as my house was built over dirt, and while Vegas has a shady mob history that may explain the adult spirits, I'm not entirely sure it can make sense of a child being there. But nonetheless, he or she is there, and I am sure of it.

Another occurrence in house took place when one of my best friends was staying the night. My parents had gone out to dinner and trusted us alone in the house (we were both 15 or 16 at the time, I don't remember which). When this happened, we were in my bedroom, in the same leisure room, when suddenly we heard these footsteps that seemed to make their way along the roof. I asked my friend if he heard it and he asked me, "Is it raining?", as it was during the time where it often rained in Vegas. So I went to the window, and looked outside. Sure enough, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and definitely no sign of rain.

We went back to playing video games, though we were both a little spooked. After a little time had passed, we yet again heard the walking on the roof. At this point we were both pretty damn spooked, as there was absolutely no way onto my roof without a high ladder. And it definitely was too loud and heavy to be any kind of bird or small animal. This continued for a long while before the two of us became too spooked to stay in my room and elected to go and watch a movie in my living room.

For whatever reason, I never had this happen again. But it was perhaps the strangest paranormal experience I have had that wasn't outright terrifying.

The next one was the strangest thing I ever experienced in the house. I used to have a small, blue dolphin thing on top of my dresser in my bedroom, beside it was a TV I watched while in bed. Well, when I was pretty young, I was sitting up at night, unable to sleep. When suddenly, I looked up to see what I can only describe as a face. Which I thought was "blue" at the time, but later figured must have been transparent and I was seeing the blue of the dolphin (it was directly in front of it) through their skin.

It just seemed to look down at me for several moments, and I was pretty perplexed and stumped myself. When suddenly, I started to watch the face burn right in front of my eyes. The face just seemed to become more and more decrepit, and at this point, I became scared and childishly threw the sheets over my head. When I removed them, the face was gone, and everything was as it should be. I still have absolutely no idea what or who I saw that night, or if it was my imagination. But it still is a mental image that has stuck with me ever since.

So yeah, I guess you could say my bedroom was, for some reason or another, a hub of activity. Between the old man in my mirror, to all of this. It seems to me that I had some unexpected roommates going into the house. Though none of them seemed to be malicious, it was still some interesting experiences that I thought were worth mentioning.

Other hauntings by Cman710

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cman710, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
Thought those who were interested in this would know. I plan to use my experiences to form the basis of a haunted house screenplay, given I am a horror writer. So hopefully be on the lookout for that. (highly embellished though obviously since just my actual experiences would not make a very good "horror movie") LOL
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-23)
I have tried a few times. But since we were the first people to ever own the house I had to do research on the land. And nothing too out-of-the-ordinary seemed to have happened, at least that's recorded.
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Yeah you're right, but have you tried searching on the Internet about the house or in the library even though the library will look old and dusty since no one goes there these days. Lulz.

-ERizzy
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-03)
[at] ERIzzy: Thanks! Yeah, they are all pretty interesting experiences. Part of me wishes I still lived in the house in hopes I could eventually find out what's in the house exactly. But I guess it will always be a mystery. And after the skull that was mentioned in the first story, part of me thinks it's better off that way in some ways.
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
Mahh Lord! I love your story. And the eyes and your experience. I got sucked in.

-ERizzy
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
Thanks! Haha Yeah, the amber eyes freaked the hell out of me when I was younger, that's for sure! Thank God, I never did go to a mental hospital though. XD
Jaxrox41310 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
I just read both of your Vegas house stories. All I can say is wow! Seriously, the amber eyes probably would have sent me to a mental hospital! Amazing stories:-)
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-21)
Huh, somewhat disappointed no one had anything to say on this yet. LOL

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: