You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Terror In A Vegas Household

Real Ghost Stories

Terror In A Vegas Household

 

I moved out of a house about a year ago now that, I am convinced was haunted by multiple spirits. I had several experiences in the home, but I will summarize some of the scarier, and downright creepy ones.

When I was around seven or eight, I had my first distinct memory of the haunting. My aunt and uncle were visiting, and one morning, I saw what I thought was my uncle stepping into the room downstairs. My uncle and I regularly play pranks on one another, so finding the door now closed, I decided to scare him. I opened up the doors just a bit, only to find two amber eyes glaring back at me. The door slammed in my face. I was startled, but stood to open it up, but found the room and adjacent bathroom to both be empty. No sign that anyone had been there.

For a long time, I was terrified to go into the room. And we'll get to another story involving that room a little later.

My next experience that truly spooked me, and I am convinced was real was when I was in college. My girlfriend at the time and I were making out on the couch in my sitting room (I had a bedroom with two rooms). Suddenly she looks up and asks me if my house was haunted. When I tell her I thought so she tells me she saw my ghost - or rather a ball of light move past the doorframe leading to my bed.

I laugh it off, thinking she's messing with me. And trying to calm her down walked to my closet (which had a mirror) and took a picture of the mirror that she saw the ball through. What I saw next chilled me to my bone. In the picture, verified by her, and our friends who came over later, was a tall man, standing next to me with his arms crossed and a rather harsh look on his face. At first, we believed it to be my grandfather, but my mom saw the picture and didn't see him in it. So to this day, I have no idea who the man was. But do believe him to be a friendly spirit for reasons I will state later on.

Later that night, my girlfriend at the time and I were hanging out downstairs in the living room. She's mentioning how she lives in a haunted house too, and relating her experiences to me and how she has a little girl ghost who follows her around. We start to goof off, and I decide to take some pictures. She states she thinks she sees her through one of the windows, and I laugh, thinking she's trying to scare me. So I go up to the window and start recording. Next thing I know THUMP! A loud noise like someone had hit the window. I freaked out and ran.

After that, I came back to the window to see if I could catch something again. Sure enough, the picture from my cell phone showed the outline of a little girl.

My next experience that was worth noting took place a few days after when a friend and her boyfriend were visiting. We were all in the living room, and I tell my friend about the other day and show her the picture of what is either my Grandfather (I should note, I never knew him and he died before I was born but I've seen pictures) or just another man. She freaks out, and her boyfriend passes it off and laughs about it essentially.

As we're watching a movie, all of the sudden, her boyfriend would not sit still. He was trembling with goosebumps, unable to get comfortable, and fidgety. It was completely out of nowhere, and scared the crap out of all of us until he decided he had to leave. Well, as it turns out, this guy ended up not being a nice person. And this friend of mine had visited often enough that I believe it was the ghost, whether it was my Grandpa (who had attached himself to my family maybe?) or someone else, they were trying to warn him to STAY AWAY from my friend knowing he wasn't a nice guy. Leading me to believe this spirit was friendly and watched over, and may still for all I know, watch over us.

Whatever had the amber eyes however, is another story entirely.

When we were moving, it was around Halloween. So as a last big thing, I had my friends over for a movie night on Halloween and we watched all the classics. Well, I'll start with a happier one because this is where things get terrifying for me. One of the spirits seen that night was my dog that died of lung cancer. Who my friend had seen running down the stairs happily. It's nice to know Maxie is still with us. I loved that dog. And my friend described him to a tee, so I knew he was serious.

Now on to the real disturbing story. Since my friend asked me "so your house is haunted? Is it just your dog?" given he and two others were the ones who saw him. And I tell him the many stories, and about the one when I was a small kid and the amber eyes. I tell him basically I don't like going in there that much as it's just... Unsettling. So he decides, being he's somewhat in-tune with the spirit world, to lead us all inside to see if we can see anything.

It was harmless enough at first. We got a few red spots, and a few orbs. Nothing big. My friend said he saw who might have been my grandpa, and that he was fine. But that there was something very wrong about the room as well. One of my friends goofs off, and takes a picture. And the next thing I know he goes pale, and shows two of my other friends. Before I can ask what's going on, he just screams "GET OUT. GET OUT OF HERE NOW!".

So we all are confused, and getting out of this room. I demand to know what's wrong, and he shows me the picture. And what my friend had captured on camera.

A human skull, on the ground.

We went inside again, and turned on the lights. But there was literally NOTHING where the pictured skull had been.

A few days later, we moved out. And since, I have had no experiences in our new condo. (we'll see about later as we're moving again) I am throughly convinced that even though my house was built over dirt, a good and very, very evil spirit both reside there. I like to believe that my dog is with us. As it makes me happy to know he's still watching over us.

But ultimately, I don't think I'll ever have answers about WHAT was in that house other than my Maxie Dog. I've researched the area in and out, and yielded no results. So I leave you with nothing more than my spooky experiences.

Other hauntings by Cman710

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cman710, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
Thought those who were interested in this would know. I plan to use my experiences to form the basis of a haunted house screenplay, given I am a horror writer. So hopefully be on the lookout for that. (highly embellished though obviously since just my actual experiences would not make a very good "horror movie") LOL
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
I have since lost the phone with the pictures sadly.: (But no problem.:)

For those who wanted to hear more, part two is now up.
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-27)
Any link to the pictures? The story is really creepy. Thanks for the scare.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
I can understand that. Since some just get so embellished I don't believe them either. LOL

Which is why I'm making it a point to keep what I don't know for sure wasn't just my imagination or a nightmare out of my stories. Because those experiences are usually the longest and/or most bizarre.
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
Mamachong, I so agree! The shorter stories sometimes leave me more intrigued. Plus, I find small incidents easier to believe sometimes. And that does NOT mean that longer, more complicated stories are implausible.

Not all the time.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
And I most definitely will be posting the small stuff. Just need the submissions to go back up.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
Haha for me I actually got it on a smartphone camera believe it or not.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
Cman710,
Sometimes I like the little stories better that the scary or big stories. It's nice to read the small ones too. Do post them.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
oh nvm I read below... I find that the crappier your camera is, the better it is to capture orbs and such.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
Good stories! I had goosebumps through out the entire thing. I believe all that you said, but do you still have the pix? Can you upload them for us to see? 😁
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
I will definitely be making a part two once story submissions are allowed again.:)

And I will definitely go read yours soon.:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
Cman: I'd be interested in reading more 😆. Just about every house I've lived in here has had some activity. If you're interested in some of my stories, just go to my profile.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Perhaps another story might make up for it though. I just remember one rather freaky one I completely forgot about the house.

For years, while I'd be in my bedroom. My door would get slammed shut on its own. I had no idea what would cause it, there would never be a breeze of any kind to cause it. But I'd ultimately write it off. Well, here's the thing, my dad would then come by to open the door. But it would be LOCKED. Sure enough, the door would be locked.

At least twice, in the corner of my eye, I believe I'd see a small child running by. But as I got older, this stopped happening.

I'm thinking of writing a second part with other, less "exciting" experiences I had in the house. But I'm unsure. Would anyone be interested in hearing more?
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
I know! Trust me, I was disappointed when I went looking too.: (I would have loved to share the pictures with other believers, hell maybe someone would be able to notice something I didn't.: (

But heck, maybe one day it'll turn back up. If it does I'll be sure to put them up.:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
That sucks. It seems that when we get these stories, the pictures are always missing lol. Just once I'd like to see the evidence that someone was lucky enough to catch. 😭
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
I wish I could say I did. The one is on my friends phone, and I have since replaced the phone on which I had the photos. I had the phone for a long time because I'd show it to my friends, but when I moved, I must have misplaced it.:/ I really, really wish I did though. In fact as I was writing them, my exact thoughts were "Ohhhh I should get my pics and turn them in too!" but of course couldn't find the phone.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Very interesting, especially the amber eyes, I thought you were very brave going back into the room straightaway. As BadJuuJuu has asked too, I would like to know if you have the pictures. When people post stories on here saying they have evidence, its always abit of a disappointment when they don't reveal them to their captured audience 😢
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
I don't suppose you have copies of those pictures that you'd be willing to share? It would be nice to see them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: