You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Las Vegas School Sightings

Real Ghost Stories

Las Vegas School Sightings

 

I'm glad to have found this site. I have several experiences I would love to share, starting with my experiences within schools here.

I live in Las Vegas, and while I was in high school we were required to take PE for our freshman and sophomore years. Now, let's get this straight, I'm not a clean person. I don't organize anything, and though I keep up a clean appearance, you would never be able to tell from either of my lockers. My clothes and items were literally thrown into a pile in my PE locker.

One day, I had come in from PE early. There was absolutely NO ONE with me. And bear in mind, there is a five-ten minute walk from the field to the locker room. When I got into the locker room, I was totally alone, and suddenly I heard the door open. At this point I had just opened up my locker and taken my clothes out, and called out, wondering who it was. No reply, so I walked over, again, pure curiosity, and found there was NO ONE in the locker room, and I was totally alone.

Next thing I know, I heard a loud SLAM! And jumped out of my skin. I went back towards the row my locker was in, and noticed all the lockers were closed. I came to my locker, and realized the lock was also back on it. So I'm spooked obviously, but I still unlock the door, thinking I must be going crazy.

And that's when I opened the door and found my locker NEATLY ORGANIZED. My clothes were folded neatly, my phone placed on top, etc. Needless to say I went pale as a ghost, and grabbed my clothes and phone. I didn't even change, I ran the hell out of there because I had no clue what the heck just happened.

Now, there's a story behind this one. As I later learned from several friends that our high school was actually haunted. It turns out, there was a fire in the locker room some years ago, and one of the teachers apparently had died. It's been said that the teacher can be seen sometimes, and is also known to do things like this. Apparently, I guess my locker did not meet their standards!

Eerily enough, there was another fire later that year, go figure.

My second experience was in my college. I go to the local community college, and one day, I get out of an elevator on the second floor of a building as usual. Looking for my friend, I noticed that she wasn't there. But this absolutely BEAUTIFUL girl IS sitting there. This girl is sitting with several books at her feet, on her lap, and to her side. I turned around for what must have been half a second before realizing "Wait, she was cute! I should go talk to her!".

Well when I turned around, she was gone. Her five-six books, her backpack, EVERYTHING. All in the time it took me to turn around. I thought maybe that she had left down the stairs which were directly beside them. But then I realized - how could someone pack up so many books that easily, and rush off down the stairs that quickly? It was impossible, for anyone. Let alone one lone person.

I never did find out her story, but I was also later told by my friend that many buildings, including the one I was in, are haunted on campus. And I am indeed convinced that I laid eyes on a beautiful spirit that day.

Other hauntings by Cman710

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cman710, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vegan93 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-12)
wow What an experience! Did you ever thank the ghost for folding your clothes? 😆
Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-21)
I went to Spring Valley and in the PE room there was always something weird for me.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
Oh awesome! Thank you very much!:D I will definitely check it out.:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
Cman: I thought I'd share a link to a new Facebook page I found. They're local. I think you might enjoy it! 😊

https://www.facebook.com/trueghostexperiences101
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
I've seen "Casino" with Robert DeNiro and Sharon Stone; I am buying it! It was the Mob!
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
ZzzGranny: AHA! That would make a lot of sense! That's what I always thought in regards to my house too! XD It would make a lot of sense.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
-1
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
I'm posting a link that shows the Las Vegas Strip in 1963. As you can see, there wasn't much of anything LOL. The area that Cman is telling of in his account is probably 5 miles or more from the Strip to the West, and was (at the time of this story) a relatively newer neighborhood. At that time (1963), nothing but desert. It's pretty well documented that during this time, the "mob heyday", many a cheater ended up in the desert beaten and left to find their way back or perish. I think this has a lot to do with the hauntings in our area.

Http://classiclasvegas.squarespace.com/a-brief-history-of-the-strip/
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
I don't know a high school in my home town that doesn't have it's own ghost. But oddly enough, three of the biggest schools in town or built on or near former or existing cemeteries.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Haha yes, for sure. I will take nice ghosts over other ghosts here in Vegas any day. Some of the other high schools have much more terrifying spirits.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
I'm not sure, but I think there's an unwritten law somewhere that all high schools must be rumored to have at least one ghost. The same seems to hold true for all campuses and dorms. 😉
Seriously what you could do is go through newspapers from that time frame backwards and see if anything seems to fit. But, at least what you experienced was actually kind of nice.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Indeed I agree about school ghost legends always being iffy. Which is why I am not overly shocked the story I got from a friend about what it is is untrue.

And you know I don't think there was actually. Though you never know. There's construction here in Vegas all the time. There might have been and it might have disturbed something.
Argette (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
High-school ghost legends are always interesting. This one at least appears to have some activities attached to to it that make it plausible, if not explained.

My own high-school supposedly has a ghost in an upstairs classroom. Since I worked on school projects in the room beneath it after school and never heard anything, I have my doubts. BUT: I later learned the school is within yards of an old cemetery. In between my graduation and recent years, when the unexplained incidents - footsteps mostly - have been reported, the cemetery was moved and some infrastructure work took place nearby. So, I'm thinking: When you experienced the locker incident, was any construction work happening nearby?
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Interesting. That is very interesting, as that was when I was in school. Whereas my friend told me the story behind this ghost was a different fire years before we started school. This was actually just a few months before the fire that you've mentioned.

I suppose there must be some other story behind the ghost in the locker room and I heard a variation. Now I'd be curious to know who I really was with in there.

Then again, there's a story about a little girl who haunts it too (my friend had a terrifying encounter with her) so I suppose it might have been her.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Cman: Palo Verde was built in the late '90s. I remember when classes first started. The fire in the theater began in the boys' locker room and was contained; no one died as a result of it. One student was arrested for arson, though.
However, there was a 15 year old male student from Palo Verde murdered the same year in a drive-by shooting in front of the school, and in fact, only a few months before the fire in the locker room.

Things that make ya' go "hmmm"
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Oops forgot the second part of your question, the school is near the area of Summerlin.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
ZzzGranny: The school was Palo Verde High School.:)

ERizzy; I definitely have researched a little about my college. Oddly enough, the hauntings go unrecorded there. So I'm SOL when it comes to finding out who it was I saw. LOL

Sheetal: LOL Yes. XD I made sure to at least try to make it a little cleaner after that for like a week. XD

Thanks for your input guys!:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Cman: Hi there. I happen to live in Las Vegas, too 😊. I really believe this town/area to be one of the most haunted in the country, if the not the world. As young as this city is, it has a very colorful past. The fact that the area is highly transient contributes as well.

One observation from a friend is all of the neon and electricity it takes to run this city acts as a conduit for spirits.

I'm interested in the name of your high school, but you really don't have to answer. Is it one of the older schools, close to North Town?
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Great stories, you should research about your college, maybe there will be some reports.

-ERizzy
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Cman710 Nice narration... Both the story was outstanding... You should have thanks to that ghost who want to teach you cleanliness (Just kidding)... By the way very spooky one... You second story was also very good... Thanks for sharing...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: