You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Windy In Las Vegas

Real Ghost Stories

Windy In Las Vegas

 

I came across this story that I wrote a few months ago and forgot to submit. The site was full at the time, and, well, I forgot!

This is October 19, 2009. The wind has been blowing quite strongly here in the desert for the last 24 hours or so which is not very unusual at this time of the year. However, three of us heard some unusual sounds last night, and one had a sighting. I would appreciate any and all theories as to what it could possibly be.

Last night, I was just dosing off, when I heard a male voice (I think) whisper in my ear, "hello." I was lying on my side, and it seemed to start behind my ear and continue toward my face, like someone flying past my head if you can picture that! I raised my head with a start, and looked at my bedroom door, and my son, Brandon, was standing there. He asked me and my husband, "Did you hear that?" I said, "What?" He said, "Someone screaming, or a loud moan."

Here in Las Vegas, we welcome any chance we get to open our windows and air out our homes. Last night was a great opportunity to do so. My husband likes to sleep with the television on. It being the month of October, everyone knows the kind of programs that are on. Well, we weren't watching any of those. Our bedroom window is at the back of the house, so my son thought that maybe we were watching a horror movie, since he was downstairs at the time he heard it, and it sounded like it came from the back yard.

Both Brandon and JR were in the kitchen, having just come home from shooting pool with their friends. It was about 10:30 pm. I asked them to describe the sound, but they couldn't. They said it was like a scream but not. I told them that since it was windy that night, maybe it was something blowing around or someone outside playing around in their backyard, and the sound travelled. They heard it two more times before they went to bed.

I woke at my usual time, had my coffee and at around 3:15 am, I went to the laundry room to get my work clothes. That's when I heard it. The best description I can come up with is, it sounded like a woman or girl would if you suddenly reached over and pinched her arm. Like: a short little loud "AHH!" Try it on someone and you'll get the idea. Don't pinch them hard though! LOL! Later in the day I gave this description to my boys and they said that yes that was it. It sounded like it came from the patio, right outside the family room window. So I went to investigate. I thought it could be a cat, but my dogs hate the one that comes onto the patio with the sole purpose of terrorizing them, and they where lying quietly on the couch, awake, but not nervous or anything, like they hadn't heard a thing! Nothing was scraping, nothing was blowing around and no cat! I took a walk around the back yard and peeked over all the fences and no one was outside playing around. I am at a loss as to what this could have been.

The next day I was telling this to my daughter and she said, "Wow. That's kind of weird, because I saw a little girl last night." She had been in her living room and had gone to the kitchen for a drink of water. She glanced down the hall and at the corner where my granddaughter's room is, she saw a little girl. She thought it was Zoe, so she told her to go back to bed. She got her water, and on her way back to the living room, she looked down the hall again, and the girl was still there, only she was peeking around the corner. Leslie placed her glass on the kitchen counter and went into Zoe's room. She was sound asleep, snoring and slobbering. I add that last part, because even four year olds can fake a snore. But they don't know they slobber! Leslie asked me around what time did the boys hear their noise and I said," You first." She said, "Around 10:30"!

Okay. What's everybody's take on this? Do you think that all of us experienced the same thing at the same time, different things at the same time or nothing at all? Those aren't the only choices though!

Other hauntings by zzsgranny

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zzsgranny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Hi Granny, I think it is so cool, to have more than one member of your family, to validate your encounters.
At our house, (it is the first one on the hillside) we sometimes get the wind, literally howling throught the eaves. It sometimes sounds like the sound that they used to use in the old time ghost stories. You know, Wwoooooo! The tall poplar trees, just opposite, don't help much either!
I enjoy your accounts so much, this is going to faves too! Thank you so much for sharing.
LisaHauntedforlife (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-11)
zzsgranny you have the most interesting stories. And I have tried to read them all. You and your family have inherited the ability to see and hear things. My famley as well has this ability. You all experianced things different but at the same time. You are lucky that you are so used to things that they do not scare you. Some people just jump and run at the sligghetst thing.
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-16)
Diverse population... Such is Vegas! LOL

I remember reading something, probably about a year ago, that said Circus Circus has a certain room (don't remember the number). When you're in bed at night, or at a certain time at night, you can hear someone whisper "John". What made me think it was fake tho, is that the site said if your name actually IS John, it'll kill you.?

So, you live close to the strip, yes?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
Oh, I live in the southwest, more like midwest...Buffalo/Flamingo area... The house in this story was off of Flamingo, between Lindell and Jones... I love the area of Spring Valley, there's no other area in town with such a diverse population...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
SSG: Thank you for reading and commenting... Just for further reference, Death And Roses Paranormal is a local group, if you ever need one, I suggest them!...They also have a facebook account...

I think there are more haunted places here than are publisized... For some reason, I'd like to go check out the old Key Largo hotel/casino...That building's been empty for a long time now...
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-09)
Hi Granny!

Those experiences do sound similar to mine, although if I would have actually seen the spirit causing the ruckus, I probably would have had a heart attack!

I believe you may have had something just passing through also. As long as it's not physically harming you, then I guess it's just a matter of whether you want it gone or if it doesn't really bother you that much.

Also, what part of Vegas do you live in? I live in the Northwest, about 30 minutes south of Mt. Charleston.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
DRP: Sorry, I just now saw your comment 😳...I'm looking forward to seeing your updates about the Goldfield... Hope you post a new story here!
deathandrosesparanormal (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Hello! How have you been? We are going back to Goldfield. Its going to be a year soon since our last visit. I can't wait.
monkeylemur82 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
well I have learned a little more about this little person running around at my house. It is a little boy. Zoe has said that sometimes he comes into her room to play with her because hes bored and doesn't have anyone to play with. She told me the other day that he gets angry and leaves because he can't play with anything! What! How odd is that. I don't think he wants to hurt her or her feelings so he just leaves. K well I love you momma! Ima go read some more of your stories. ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
IBelieve: That is a good suggestion, as when the wind picks up around here, it's hard to walk outside without dodging trash cans and lawn furniture!...So, I've been paying close attention lately, and when the wind picks up, I strain my ears to hear something even similar, and haven't yet!...I've gone as far as to sit outside on the patio where the sound originated (and froze my buns), but so far, no luck... πŸ˜†
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
I don't know what to tell you about what that could have been for sure! Since it was windy that night it's hard to tell. Could have been anything. The wind makes some weird noises, I can tell you that! One windy night not too long ago I heard what sounded like someone outside sobbing. I went to look & nobody was there. I was puzzled by this but then realized it was only the wind! Sometimes the wind can play tricks on you & make you think you're hearing a person. I'm not trying to discredit your story or anything, just offering a suggestion. It may very well have been a ghost, you never know! Good story, though! 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
moonshadow: I think you're right about the native american boys and their long hair...That's a good theory and I'll mention it to her... There is a tribe of Hualapai not too far from Vegas, on a reservation, so it does seem likely... He seems to be somewhat scared of her, as when she does see him, he takes off running!...And from now on when I make my notes about experiences I will definately note the weather conditions... Silly me! πŸ˜†

We WILL meet out there somewhere, and you can show me some of the cool places in Ireland!...This is going to be fun! πŸ˜†
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
HI GRANNY IT'S me the Irish man again great story I definetley think that different weather conditions especially wind can cause more spirit activity they were definetley out there floating around in the wind and whoever said hello to you was probabley just passing passing through or it could of been someone that knows you I often wonder what form they take when they are going about like this or what they are thinking. Another thing if Leslie is thinking the young spirit she seen might be a boy with long hair could it be the spirit of an indian boy as they generally had long hair I think depending on which tribe. When I pass on iam going to have a great time whizzing around scareing everyone that annoyes me maybe we might meet up and scare the hell out of everyone lol's πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
kiwi and aussie: thanks for reading and for the comments!

Kiwi: You know I never gave it much thought about all the electricity that this town gobbles up on a daily basis, but I think you may have something there!...And yea, I'm sure there are more people buried out in the desert than any one knows or cares to know!...Good theories 😊

Aussie: I think that person was just passing through! πŸ˜†...Like I said, the windows were all open so they were out there floating around havin' a good ole time flying right past my ear!...I swear, when I go I'm going to try some of the things that I read about on here! πŸ˜†
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
granny, I'm glad the voice said hello and not get out, gotta be friendly right, I like these multiple experience stories you can rule out the imagination factor.
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
The thought of figures peeking around a corner at me is unsettling but like DARKNESS said, is quite a comon sighting.

I think DeviousAngel is right about the weather theory, elements have been known in the occult for ages, practiced and called upon in witch craft etc. Such as I mentioned in another post about water holding charge, other elements such as wind are an energy force in themselves.

Being around halloween could be significant to the date/time, remember although you don't watch all those movies they are still blasting through your space as TV signals.

Mix all that up with being in a land area full of energy exhaust from the massive power grid required to run Las Vegas, being around hallowween and considering that many people have been burried in the nevada desserts.

Thanks zzsgranny for your story.

Kiwi
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
pretty: you're so cute! Thanks for reading!

Dickron: Thanks for reading! And now you and darkness have me thinking about the date...

Darkness: Things do seem to happen to us in mid October... I think that's why I noted the date... As far as movies, yea, like friday the 13th, and all those shocker ones... Not really scary to me so I don't bother watching them!
πŸ˜†

It's interesting, I've had the same thoughts on weather conditions as the rest of you...I'll pay attention the next time I have an experience! I've just recently started writing about them, so I guess I've been negligent in that area!

Thanks everybody!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Hi zzsgranny, the old peeking of the head round the corner hey, it seems to occur thousands of times. As previously mentioned I do believe something was stirred up in the wind that night it could be date specific who really knows for sure but it does sound rather creepy. Also what specific programs are on in October I'm assuming scary 1's having halloween and all in that month?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
_pretty_ (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Great story! I don't know what to make of that granny but creeeepy!...once again you sound kick ass
dickron (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Those are spirits living on the house or probably carried by the wind! Its true that some spirits are active on specific time, date or weather condition. It might have something that they are inclined or attached to. 😐
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
I forgot to mention that Leslie and Zoe live about 8 miles from us... Sorry guys! πŸ˜†
Cosmogal: I think it was the answer! πŸ˜†thanks for the giggle!
Cholulteca: That's what I thought about the whisper passing my ear!...That was really strange...
DeviousAngel: Zoe has a few imaginary friends... One in particular whose name is Michael... When I spoke to Leslie last night, she said she saw the child again on sunday...She's not so sure anymore that it's a girl... She says it feels like a boy but with hair as long as Zoe's...I told her to check with the landlord and see if anybody had a son there in the early 70's, because I know people let their little boys' hair grow long at that time... Other times too I guess...

Thanks everyone for reading!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
You know, I have a theory that weather conditions stir up spiritual activity. I'm not sure, but it seems like a legitimate spiritual experience to me. The noise could be residual, but I'm not sure about the girl your daughter saw. Has Zoe experienced anything?
Cholulteca (148 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
I would have blamed it on the wind if not for the fact that your daughter saw the little girl, maybe a ghost passing by? πŸ˜•
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Well granny it definitely sounds like something was blowing in the wind that night. LOL 😊 I believe you all experienced things around the same time. Thanks for the story, and take care ❀

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: