You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The House I Grew Up In

Real Ghost Stories

The House I Grew Up In

 

This may sound odd, but I have a weird life, for real. This happened in my old house, when I was kind of young. I was always sensitive to quiet weird things. I would ignore it all, but sometimes they were difficult to ignore!

My mom told me once that she had this experience with my sister, my oldest sister, because when she was really young, she would talk to a "baby" that my mom couldn't see. It really was weird. Then I decided to tell my mom I had my own experiences, not only one, but some in my house. This little boy used to be there all the time, so when I would walk through the hallways and stuff, he'd follow me. He was everywhere, doing nothing though. I was kind of afraid, but I got used to it really fast.

This little boy was not the first one, or the last one, and I told my mom.

Me: Mom? That house was full of them, I mean we had more than just that little boy.

Mom: Wow...

Me: What?

Mom: It's just that, before we moved out, your little sister told me something weird.

Me: What did she say?

Mom: She said, "Lets move to the other house, Mom," I dared to ask why...

Me: And she told you?

Mom: She said, "It's just that in this house there's a lot of them, and in the other house, just one."

I froze, because it was true! I went to the other house before talking with my mom, and I noticed it. I just didn't know my sister could notice those things too, but no wonder, she was really young.

I know it sounds weird, maybe I am, but I know there's something else in that house. I don't know if it is because the house is in front of a cemetery. I don't know what was there before. All I know is that the house was full of them. I never told my other sisters about it until now. I told one of them, (I have three sisters), and she believed me, but the oldest one doesn't know anything about it.

I'm just concerned you know, I mean, I am not a wuss or anything, but I am getting sick of it.

Other hauntings by TsukiakariSan

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TsukiakariSan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nicky84 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
I enjoyed this story. Sometimes entities that appear or seem to be young children can be sinister and evil. Please beware author.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
Thanks for the story, I don't believe you are cursed, but you could possibly have the gift as being able to see them. It is not anything to be frustrated about it, if you don't want to be able to see these things then pray about it, and tell them that you refuse to have them with you. Sorry, that is just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
I personally do not feel that this house being in close proximity to a cemetery has any bearing on the fact that your oldest sister used to have an invisible playmate, and that your younger sister saw as many entities as you.
Just a question, in the next to last paragraph you mention that your oldest sister does not know anything about these occurrences. Is this the SAME sister who used to play with Baby?
Some people are able to block their sight simply be willing it away, or praying for it to be returned to their Creator. Often, humans can block occurrences from their minds by ignoring them, and pretending they never existed. With the proper exercises, it can be as if the talent never existed.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
Just means that you are sensitive. It can be a gift or a curse depending upon how you use it. Use it well. I don't have that gift and some people have it and don't even know what it is much less to use it wisely. I don't know what it means to see spirits and I don't know why some can when most can't. Maybe it has to do with your brain being able to be a receiver. Our brain can receive and transmit. Just allowing it to be open has to be half the battle.
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
Maybe knowing the history of the house would help you understand why there are lots of them living in with you or living in that house. If you're a catholic, maybe ask your Mom to have your house a blessing and pray for them because that's what dead people really need, prayers. Surely some of them will go if not all.

Nice story. Just be careful and hope they will leave your family and house soon. 😊
TsukiakariSan (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
by "them" I mean spirits, ghosts, w.e they are... And no, if there's somethin I know is that they can't hurt you unless you let them
Kamalani123 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-10)
Good story. Can you explain what you mean by a lot of them? Did any of them try to hurt you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: