You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Mysterious Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

The Mysterious Shadows

 

It was a hot June at my grandparents house and very boring. I desperately needed something to do. It is such a joy staying with old people. The town she lives in isn't that big. It is called Kermit. I really didn't think anything cool was going to happen that summer. I gave up all hope of fun or excitement. It was late at night and I decided to sleep in the last room in the back of the house with my little sister. She woke up saying she heard noises but I didn't pay attention to her and went back to bed. Who ever listens to their younger siblings. I woke up a little later and saw a figure of a person standing by the bedroom door, it just kept on looking at me and was probably standing there all night. I even kept covering my head thinking it would go away. A childish act, I know. At least is helped a little bit. Then my little sister woke up and said who is standing by the bed. The shadow just moved from the door to the bed.

Then it was morning and I told my grandma what happened but she wouldn't listen. I felt so ignored. So when night came, my sister and I decided to sleep in the living room with my brother. At least if the ghosts attack us we have an older brother to back us up.... Or sacrifice himself, whatever comes first. We went to sleep and kept on hearing heavy foot steps and all of a sudden, I saw glowing green eyes. It was impossible for it to come from a car, besides my grandma's block is very dark. This time my brother saw something creepy. He saw someone peeking through window and immediately shouted "there is a ghost looking in on us!" He jumped up turned on the light and nothing was there. I sighed, half of me sort of wanted to push him towards the ghost, then scream my head off while running away, but then again my mom would have killed me. We would never really know the secrets to those shadows but to this day, I won't go back to my grandma's. My parents force me to go though, but have they seen the things I've seen?

Other hauntings by night

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

kathleen16 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
OH MY! Of all the stories I have read, yours, my dear, are very amusing! I just love it! Totally totally loved it!

P/s: I would run to whoever closest if I were to see someone or ''some-it' near my bed.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Dear night,

Nice story, it was scary but funny overall. The thought of one sacrificing her brother to a ghost is funny, but then again, I would have done the same thing had I been your situation. On the bright side, at least your grandparent's house is not boring anymore. 😁

It is hard for children to convince their parents that they are seeing ghosts due to the belief of ghosts being of old folklore. In truth, ghosts are all too real, too believe in God one must believe in the afterlife. I enjoyed the story very much and I hope you write more about your experiences.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: