You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Attics Blood

Real Ghost Stories

Attics Blood

 

When my sister first got married, I was 5 years old. Her and her new husband moved to a house in Tyler Texas. They were excited starting their new lives together.

They moved to an old house in a area where most would not live. The neighborhood was run down, but she was just as excited about having her own house, as anyone would be.

Shortly after, she started telling us stories about what would happen at night in this new house. Needless to say, we didn't believe it at first. Only when she had the rest of us come spend the night, did we realize what she was saying was true.

Many times she told of the strong oder of cigars in the house and very strange going ons, such as windows opening and closing by themselves, doors opening when they were sleeping, black cats disappearing, and many thing like this, in the house.

She told of the closet which she insisted would open at night no matter what they put in front of the door. Blood stains dripping from the attic ladder in that closet and other strange things which would happen.

After a few weeks of hearing her stories, she insisted all of her brothers and sisters come spend the night and the next day we were to help them move out of that house.

Needless to say, that night was a night none of us will ever forget.

After we finished supper, we all started to settle down for the night to go to sleep. First, my brother-in-law insisted that our brothers help him move the huge chair in front of the closet door which held the attic ladder in it... So they did. There were 10 of us cramped into the small 2 bedroom house, and with all the excitement, none of us could sleep, but I crawled into bed with my sister and her husband.

Around 11 pm, as I started drifting off to sleep, I smelled the strong cigar smell she had been speaking about earlier. I watched the clock, hoping it was all in my head. Within minutes, I notice a bright, small light, floating by the bed where we were sleeping. My sister grabbed me and whispered in my ear, that she had not seen an actual cigar floating around until that night.

Several minutes later, we heard a loud noise coming for the room with the closet which housed the attic ladder. We all ran into that room and saw the huge chair place there earlier, was moved across the room and the door of the closet stood wide open. Once again, we saw blood dripping from the ladder inside. This happened several times.

Each night, my sister said this happened. No matter what they would put in front of the closet, it would be moved and the closet would be open... And there would be the blood dripping down the ladder.

Our sister, trying to calm our nerves, went to the kitchen to make us all a snack. As we approached the kitchen door, several of us saw a black cat sitting on top of the refrigerator. I said "oh, a kitty" and ran towards it hoping to play with it (I was about 6 at the time). Just then, the cat jumped from the top of the refrigerator, and vanished when it hit the floor. We were all dumbfounded.

Immediately, we all decided to get them moved out of the house right then. We loaded up all their belonging, and as we sat in the station wagon, to drive away, the car lights were on one of the windows in the house. We saw two hands, reach out the bottom of the window and slowly close the window. We sped away as fast as we could from that house.

Three of us went back to see that old house, a couple of years ago, and it's been demolished and removed. The only thing left was the lot it sat on... And the memories of that frightening night.

Thanks,

Stella

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jandistar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

jeaneen19 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
i get creeped out by blood but that was an awesome story! I live in a haunted house and so far haven't seen any blood! LUCKY ME! 😉
ams112700 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Very good story but that would be really scary especially since you were only like six!
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
I think the blood dripping is one of those things where history repeats again and again. In that house one night a person was killed somehow. Then blood dripped down the stairs. Then someone who was in the attic maybe with the dead or dying person closed the window.
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
Nice scary true ghost story. It's kind of hard when people are not believing what you are trying to explain.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
Well Stella I'm happy that you decided to share it with us. It is one hell of a great story. I'm glad you are telling the truth. We have been here a while and you can usually tell if something is not write. I liked this story and I hope you share other ones with us soon. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
jandistar (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-07)
Thanks all. It's a true story and my sisters can attest to that. I've thought of that house many times and have looked into it's history, however, nothing was reported or put on file anywhere about it's history. We were, however, able to find a previous occupant which verified the problems there.
The black cat, we felt, had passed away in that house. It wasn't frightening to us, just odd that it would dissapear when it would jump to the floor. We all felt the presence of several entities in that place and I in particular, was glad to see the house had been demolished.
Thanks all, for your comments. I have a few other stories which I will share later on. Remember, though, that all of mine are real... Nothing added.
Thanks,
Stella 😁 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
Very strange... And no, black cats are not a symbol of bad luck. That's a silly superstition. Black cats are just black cats. A black cat may have lived and died in that house. Maybe the house just replayed memories. Thank you for sharing your story!
Wildone (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
I have been looking through the archives for a while, and what I think is thought provoking is that we have only recently started reading the stories in which there is dripping blood, as in the exorcism type movies.
I can't help but to think that we are either remembering things that happened to us while reading through these stories, or we are starting to get back to basics, back to the times when we all reportedly fought off flying demons and ate with angels. If the latter is true, I think we all need to get into contact with our beliefs and hold fast to their truths, because if we all go back to THAT place, we are ALL going to need heavens protection.
prinsessnight (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-05)
your story was GREAT! Its the best storie I'v read all day I loved the part where the blood was dripping out the attic its ASOME😁😁😁
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
Creepy,blood dripping from a ladder. The house musted have a really bad history.

What about the black cat you saw, it does not have any relations with other hauntings? There must be a connection with the black as it symbolizes bad luck. I think that you should check the house's history.
kelsiec (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
Moving objects would be ok, but the blood is just freaky, the ghost has problems.
GREAT STORY THOUGH!

Kelsie x ❤
nehajust1 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-04)
its a nice story and realy give me goosebumps. I totaly agreed with bella morte that blood is directly or undirectly connected with demons itself. Anyhow that's good that you people get away soon. Thanks for this nice story.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
Very good story! I am unsure how long I would have been able to live in such a place.
voulme16 (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
wow great storie its kool and I would not like that at all the second time it happened (or first) I would have been GONE!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
This one certainly gave me goose bumps, Anything with blood... Whew!

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
I'm in total and complete agreement with dear FRAWIN as far as this story goes! Thank you for sharing Stella from Texas.
BellaMorte (4 stories) (19 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
Actually the moving of an object as large as a chair and the materialization of blood (or other bodily fluids) is frequently associated with demonic activity. 😲

I'm glad they got out of there.
burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-03)
Agreed. The blood phenomena is an interesting one. I thought that was something which only happened in horror movies. Great story.
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
Even if Stella won't participate in the discussion, I THINK IT'S ONE HECK OF A STORY.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: