You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Girl In The Attic Looks Like Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Attic Looks Like Me

 

2 weeks ago around noon time, my boyfriend and I were sitting at the kitchen table. Suddenly we both looked up at each other. I asked him if he heard what I was hearing? He said "yes". We both stopped and continued listening as we heard firm steps walking across our floors.

The neighbor below us was out of town. It was just us in the entire duplex building. We have heard this several times in the past and talked about it in passing. But this time we decided we needed to investigate. We moved my bed and pulled down the ladder to the attic. I went upstairs first. I stepped around and tried to recreate the sound. Below, in the kitchen, he said he could hardly hear anything and it wasn't the same. I noticed there is a stack of mattresses toward the back of the attic. I walked toward them but not all the way up to them. I went down the ladder and switched places with Dennis.

Dennis stomped around and walked heavy trying to recreate the sound. It was not the same at all. Plus it lacked the vibration we felt when we both heard it down stairs in the kitchen. Dennis called out to me and told me there was a painting laying on the mattresses. I asked him to bring it down. When he did I gasped.

I ran and got a hat I own and placed it on my head. I then walked in and asked him if the lady in the picture looks like me. Yes she does he said. I have always joked about the "Me, Myself and I" in life and in this picture there are three women seated at a table in a restaurant. One lady has her chair turned around and looking right at you. She is the one who looks like me and I own the same hat she is wearing.

Can anyone explain this? The painting is an original. By J.Garrah. We have tried to get information on the artist. We have seen other similar work he or she has done but know nothing about the artist.

We still hear the foot steps both day and night, on average of once or twice a month.

I have lived here is St. Augustine in my apartment for 6 months now. The first time I heard the foot steps was when I returned home after Hurricane Mathew. I had only had my apartment for one week when the storm arrived. I drove inland and stayed in my truck, parked in front of an emergency room for 3 nights.

When I returned home it was dark. No electricity in most of the town. I had candles. There was just enough hot water in my hot water heater to take a shallow bath. As I washed in the candle lit bathroom I suddenly heard the loud heavy footed walking noise. But I was unclear as to if it was walking or someone thudding on my door.

I panicked because there were hardly anyone around in this dark town. I jumped out of the water, dried fast and got dressed. I grabbed my phone to see that my battery was running low and realized I couldn't plug it in to charge. I looked around and found nobody.

I called 911, got them on the phone, grabbed my truck keys, ran to my truck and locked myself in. It was a very dark night. When the police arrived they searched around. They even went into my attic and found nothing.

After they left I locked the door behind them and went straight to bed on my pile of pillows and blankets on the floors as I didn't yet have any furniture.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Patrick522, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BettinaMarie (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-27)
This creepy sundae does not need any creepy cherries, but do you also happen to know other women who resemble those shown at the table. Also, did you own the hat when you moved in?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-07)
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-07)
This is going to sound silly, but did you and your boyfriend try walking across the floors in the house, especially living room and hallway to see if that recreates the sound?

I have no clue who the artist is, but will look for info later.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: