You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Wrong Path

Real Ghost Stories

The Wrong Path

 

I need to give you a little background on the situation my sister and I were in before I begin this story. I was having a hard time after September 11, 2001. I had lost my job and got behind on a few bills, I ended up sharing a small apartment with my sister who was also having a hard time catching up. We were feeling down and out in life, doing drugs and other things that we really shouldn't have been doing. We were definitely going down the wrong path.

It was Halloween night 2003, all the trick-or-treaters had gone in for the evening. My sister and I realized that we didn't have anything in the house to drink, so we decided to go down to the corner store. We got our coats on and headed down the street, discussing where our lives were headed and how we needed to change the way we were living. Before we knew it we were at the store, we went in got our drinks and headed back home.

On our way back home we continued our conversation. We walked about two blocks and the both of us got a really eerie feeling, I looked up and saw a large being coming towards us. It was about 6 and 1/2 feet tall, it was wearing a large top hat. It also had on a long black trench coat like Jack the ripper wore. We were a little creeped out but decided to keep walking, a little more cautious in our strides.

As we got closer to the being more and more detail came into focus. It had long white wiry hair, its arms and legs were out of proportion with the rest of its body. I then looked at its hands and realized that they too were extra long and thin, it's fingers long and bony. It seemed to radiate pure evil. There was no way I could see its face or features that it had, due to the top hat shading its face in the night.

My sister and I were now really freaked out. There was no way we could get to the gate of our complex before it reached us. Its pace seemed to quicken as we got closer and closer to it. It almost seemed to glide across the ground in an unearthly gait. My sister grabbed my shoulder and pulled me through a gap in the fence. Safely on the other side of the fence we glanced back, a few moments later the being was there, it passed us with almost no acknowledgment except a slight movement of it head, as if to show its discontent in our escape. My sister and I although shaken headed home with an eager pace.

The next morning I awoke with the events of the night before vividly in my mind. The more I thought about it, I realized that I didn't remember there ever being a gap in the fence before. I had walked all around the complex and the only openings in the fence were the entrance gates. I just thought that maybe the apartments had been doing maintenance on the fence so I went to check. There wasn't any gap large enough for an adult to squeeze through, so I went to the office to ask them. They looked at me as if I were crazy and told me they hadn't done any maintenance on the fence in at least six months.

So I just thank God for giving us an out and not allowing this thing to over take my sister and I. Shortly after the events of that Halloween night we quit doing drugs and turned our lives around.

I truly think the events of that night was our wake up call. It was a divine way of telling us we were going down the wrong path.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jayman3381, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Breaghboo (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-05)
I know I'm years late to the party but I had to laugh at "long black trench coat like Jack the Ripper wore". No one ever discovered who JtR was and no one knows what he wore 😁. Unless you know something the rest of us don't. Apart from that, scary story though! And I'm sure you would have realised if it was just a trick-or-treater (or "guiser" as we say in Scotland 😉) so I'm not surprised you legged it! Glad you escaped.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Don't mind 'thehunter'. He seems like one of those self-righteous people that thinks he knows better than everyone else. You take this experience as how you feel it was. Sure, it could have been a really tall guy in a costume but it was not a trip. You can't suddenly trip if you weren't under the influence at the time. Whatever he was, I am glad you saw him as an omen and turned your life around. Congratulations.
Finch182 (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
This is pretty scary I wouldn't like to experience anything like that.

On another note thehunter. I understand that your a professional and clearly us civilians wouldn't understand if we saw a real ghost or if it was just a giant man or an LSD creation. It may be your opinion but its disrespectful to dismiss something purely because someone states that have done drugs.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
The ghost or entity you saw must be a Jack the Ripper type of ghost the other commenters have said.
evilquicksand (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
HOly jesus!, like Jack the Ripper that scared me a lot, well at least God gave you a chance to redeeem your mistakes and to take the right path, well I'm 24 years old and I can tall you that my parents taugh me well, I all in my life didn't and won't smoke, drink, take drugs or gamble, well I did gamble but that was once every 4 months because that bored me and I prefer to paly videogames than gambling, well going back to the story, thx God that your sister and you didn't get augh by that strange and creepy evil being
jayman3381 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Thank you for all your comments. One thing though. My sis and I had not been doing things that night and this was not a trip, and I am a guy not a girl. Thehunter I think you are trippin because I know what I saw you may think you hunt but somethings just can't be explained.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
What an intriguing story! I like the connection you made between the incident and the self-destructive stuff that was going on in your own life.

The way that you described it gave me a weird visual: a macabre Abe-Lincoln-like character bearing down on you with a "Just Say 'No' to Drugs" button on his lapel!

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed your story.

Lisa
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
You know what maybe this was a wake up call. I don't want to preach about drugs and stuff like that but I am glad that you two understood that life is to precious to let it go down the drain. Maybe this spirit helped in a way. It opened your mind. I'm glad everything is ok with you both. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
thehunter (3 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
my apologies miss but I had an enkling thta it might be genuine until I heard the drugs part tell me do you know how often people actually see ghost very rare your is fake I'm sorry miss but you are just a civilian with no experiece this was just a trip
missydee (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Hi Jayman, Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you and your sister where able to turn your life around.

Take care ❤
Schism (44 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Halloween night? You sure it wasn't just a man in a costume? I do believe your story, but I can't help but think maybe he shook his head because he knew you were afraid of his costume and thought you were being silly?

Haha, who knows. I still liked your story!

Thanks for posting:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: