You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unexpected Roommates

Real Ghost Stories

Unexpected Roommates

 

My husband and I bought our first home in February of 2006, just a few months shy of my son's 2nd birthday. We were thrilled to give him his own room and a huge backyard to play and just a place to start new memories. Within months of moving in, he began talking of a man he saw. The man he said would watch him during the night and lived in his closet. My husband and I brushed this off to his imagination and related it to something he may have seen or heard on TV.

But the mentioning of the man became more frequent and one time while washing his hands, he looked up at the light sconce in our hall and said,"Look mommy, the man is smiling at me." Of course, I looked and no one was there. But I felt like I was being watched. My son, all the while lathered his hands, looking at the light smiling, and feeling happy.

Then he began to talk about the boy in his closet to and he came during the night to see him but something about the boy was not comforting at all. He began to wake up crying and had troubles getting settled for sleep. Then we had to start tying the closet doors together so the boy could not come out.

My husband and I started having our own encounters with something we can't explain. I hear a child's voice sometimes in my sleep whispering "mommy" and I wake to find my children sound asleep. My son is now 4 and my daughter 6 months. One night I heard the voice four times over the span of six hours or so. The voice always comes at the same minute but at a different hour. (EX: 12:14, 1:14, 3:14)

Our daughter will sometimes wake in her crib screaming with the same time pattern. One night my husband had a vision/dream when he fell asleep in the living room of a young girl who told him the spirits were not going to bring harm to our family. He stumbled into bed, dozed again and awoke to feeling someone sit on his chest, whispering "Does that feel good?"

Oftentimes at night, when it's quiet we hear movement and rustling throughout the house. We always make a mad dash around but no one is ever there. Just this weekend, I had placed my hairbrush on the top of a bookshelf and it "fell" off and landed a few feet away. Nick jumped up and said "The boy did it." That was the first mention of anyone in a few months.

What can we do to help our son and daughter deal with this and make sure it doesn't harm them emotionally, etc.? I have been told to light a white candle and ask them to leave but does that work?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ssteeno, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WHOCARESABOUTME (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Hey:) My name is Olivea I'm 13 I am a Super strong christian and I do believe that if any Demon such as what your were explaining comes close to your house you bind them in the name of Jesus! So go around your house and say "Anything that is NOT of God in this house I commmand you to get out And stay out in the name of Jesus!" and if they harm your children say" I COMMAMD YOU TO STOP HARMING MY CHILDREN AND I BIND YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!...im not joking you do that if you want them gone! And yes start reading the bible in your house! NOTHING SHALL HARM GODS CHILDREN! 😆
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
What has helped my and my family is to play very uplifting and positive music during the day even when not home. Praying with your children at night and asking that nothing bother them. Also with my mom's house that I have had many experiences in just telling them to stop in a respectful way. You do have to do these things often but things should quiet down. This is what has worked for me with the negative thing, entity what ever that is in my mothers house.
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
This sounds like the kind of situation that could get out of hand if you don't start acting on it now. From my impression of it, these spirits are trying you out and testing how much you're prepared to put up with, ie, if you give an inch, they will take a yard. I agree with the other people who have commented on this story in that you should ALL, whenever any incident happens, tell the spirits that you do not want them there. If it's easier, think of a phrase you will say to them every time you feel anything that you can remember and just reel off (whether it's "I rebuke you in the name of jesus christ" or "I order you by the power of the highest and purest light and love to leave this house" or anything which rings well with you - it is up to you). Constantly affirm this phrase when you feel afraid and even when you don't. And get your children and husband to make up their own versions of it. I have had a similar haunting (it wasn't quite so bad, as I never felt anything sitting on me - that incident of your husband's set off alarm bells for me! That the spirit started to not respect personal boundaries) and I developed a way of constantly affirming that I believed in a higher power than them, that I "batted for the good guys" and that they would protect me. Believe you are protected, and you will be.

Whether or not the boy is being playful, or the man is smiling, spirits can deceive you into thinking that they're friendly even when they're not. Just be careful and make sure there is a lot of love in your house. There obviously is from the way you talk about your family.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Hi and thank you fro sharring this story with us. I believe that praying helps. Lighting a candle and telling the spirits to leave does help to. But I think this is something that has to be repeated quite often. You are letting the spirits know that they are not allowed to do some things but they might not go right away. I would do a smudge ceremony. Instructions are on this site. My house was blessed and that helped out to. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Definitely teach your son to rebuke this spirit whenever he encounters it; these demons seek to enter the lives of individuals at a young age, hence a lot of the times, it's chalked up as children's imagination. They also attempt to mask their malevolence under a guise of being 'here for protection'. Countless times as a youth I would be visited by an entity who lingered around the closet, and would smack me awake at times, until my father taught me how to rebuke the spirits to keep them away, and I have found it the best remedy. I would suggest you and your husband going through the whole house and calling out and rebuking these spirits, letting them know that you aren't fooled by this whole 'friendly spirit' thing, and that they have no authority to reside with you as you will not permit it. Dedicate each room to God, as it will keep them off limits.
missydee (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Hi Ssteeno, Thank you for sharing your story. I really enjoyed reading it. I hope you are able to get the spirits out of your house.

Take care ❤
Jitow (362 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Anytime you or the family hear or see anything, firmly and out loud say "God Rebuke You. If you have a Bible start reading it, if not, Get one. God Bless

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: