You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: De Lasalle University

Real Ghost Stories

De Lasalle University

 

The story I was about to tell is you is not mine, but my sister's.

She worked as a photo shoot staff for different universities. During this time, she had so many student friends. One of these was a girl who died from choking during the photo shoot before the graduation day.

On that night, she had to extend her working hours in the school just to finish arranging each of the photos for different colleges/courses. Around 7pm, all of the students on that department had left. She was alone.

While sitting on a big table with pile of pictures, her computer at the other corner of the room opened automatically and the graduation song played. She was horrified to think that she was alone in the room and she never turned on the multimedia player. She then went to the computer and turned it off. She went back to her desk and continued with her work.

After awhile, the computer again, turned on itself and played the graduation song. This time, she ran out of the room and went to the guard's station, reported the incident and went home. At the house, she realized that maybe the ghost who played the graduation song was the girl who died that day.

Since the building was old and had done so many renovations, there was this "haunted elevator" for which the faculty and the admin. Closed and banned the students to use it because of the hauntings. It was said that once you entered the elevator, the lights will automatically turned off and you will be then touched by COLD Hands. Most of the students, even the professors found fainted in the said elevator.

The reason for the hauntings was a student who died in suffocation. It was Saturday, around 6pm; she had used the elevator when the power switch had turned off. She was trapped and cried for help, no one rescued her. Sunday, no classes. Monday morning, she was found dead, suffocated.

Another haunting was the day before the BAR examination. At 8pm, all students should be disbursed because at 9pm, the judges will then roam the whole place for any possible leakages. The night guards were the ones to check the whole building.

Unfortunately, a new night guard was assigned to check the farthest building. He opened the Lab Room and noticed a student at one corner, somewhat typing on the computer. The guard from the door said: "Sir, we need to disburse all the students here before the judges come". Still, the student continued on what he was doing. "Sir, please, rules are rules". No response... Afraid that the student might get irritated and afraid to loose his job, he decided to call on the radio and asked the other night guards to talk to the student instead. While waiting for his colleagues to come, hoping that he can convince him, he stepped on to the room and closed the door, from a distance he said: "Sir, don't get me wrong here but I will loose my job if the judges found out that you were still here, I need you to step out of the room and continue with your project tomorrow"...again, no reply. He tapped the students shoulder, finally the student stopped typing and faced him. But the creepy part that made him faint is that the student had no FACE at all.

Every night before the Bar exam, when the night guards roamed the building and saw a particular student wearing blue shirt, they will never tried to talk to him or forced him to get out of the room. They knew it was HIM.

Thank you for reading... Until then...

Other hauntings by eris29

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eris29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-29)
Regarding the suffocation incident in an elevator, maybe, panic attack and fear are the main cause. Is the person who died there kind of claustrophobic? Too much fear may cause short of breathing and soon death.
sps (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
Hi. I'm currently an undergrad in dlsu m and I believe that there is some truth in your stories.
1. DLSU Used to host the BAR exams until the 2008 bombing incident
2. I believe that the building you are referring to (the one with the elevator incident) is housed in SPS building. You've mentioned that your sister was doingg some kind of a photoshoot for the graduating students. Green & White, DLSU's official yearbook publication, is situated on the 5th floor of that building.
3. The elevator in SPS building had been closed for decades because of the alleged suffocation incident.
falrex (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-10)
(masterchief) I am also an alumnus [DLSU Taft]. Yes, they didn't have college of law back in 2008 but DLSU hosted the bar exam from 2002 and until the "bombing" in 2010.
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
becareful whici title to choose. Makakasira sa school kung babanggtin mo pangalan.
masterchief (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
Hi. I'm new here and an alumni of DLSU Taft. Sorry to burst your bubble but from my experience, I had to debunk a couple of stories from DLSU.

First, kindly be specific which DLSU you are talking about. DLSU never has Law (well in my time) courses so the BAR exam story sounded fishy to me.

To the student who was talking about the infamous "chapel", I was there even during the ROTC days and my Kuya became the first student officers of the College of St Benilde across it. Sure it was "supposedly" the massacre site for the priests during WW2, but I have been there late at night for my BA course in the very same building as back then they allowed students to be there as long as it's by midnight. The so-called elevator that is locked, well the reason why students avoid is because it's always packed and damn slow so students just use the stairs.

To add, the sikyo' (security guard) during my stay there told me he makes up these ghost stories for their amusement. The only thing that probably was ghost-like there was when our 6 PM class started and there was no teacher around.
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
just got into this site and some stories here are pretty interesting and intriguing.

Anyway,
It's no surprise if it says "de la salle university"
Especially that faceless man in blue.
Whew
plmchl_san (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
I study in DLSU and there are a lot more ghost stories there. There's one in the Chapel, where it was said that ghosts of Filipinos and japanese (DLSU was used as a prison camp/detention camp for manila during WWII) will be seen at night. There's also a headless basketball team playing in the Enrique Razon Sports Center (probably the reason why DLSU couldn't win in the UAAP lately?:) )
bebetuta (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
thinking of the boy with no face scared the hell out of me!
lovebugs (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
hndi b mejo nkakasira sa school kung sasabhn m ung name?... Hm...
villain_prince (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
nice story... But I have a question? Is it true that the ghost from the bar exam room wears blue? Maybe that's an ATENIAN scaring the hell out of the DLSU Students... Hehe
falrex (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
Hi I'm a student of this unversity and would like to add some details regarding the story:)

There's an elevator in the oldest building in the campus which is locked and can't be used by students and faculty. I don't know why it's locked and they say only la salle brothers have the key and could access the elevator. I don't know if that's true though. Also, there's this story about a student trapped in the elevator for the weekend and died of suffocation but it's in the other building. They say they removed the elevator of that building because of the incident but the students can't imagine where it is located if there was an elevator in that building before.

DLSU is closed on Sundays except if there's a school activity:)

I don't know about the other stories since I haven't heard of them. Maybe it's in other De La Salle University in the Philippines. I'm studying in DLSU-Manila by the way.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
I have to ask the same question how do you suffocate in a lift, I will have to go with Tonith on this one.

The computer and the music, I am not completely convinced.

The student with the no face... 😕
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
(KimSouthO)

I also hate elevators, specially when I'm alone and if the floor wpuld be at 30 and up!

Nope! My sister had a contractual work. Every year, if the studio company is in need of an extra hand to do the job, then, that's the time my sister will be called to do the job.

(ghostseer)

You're right about that. Welcome and Thank you!

(DeviousAngel)

No prob! Here in the philippines, even Sundays, we have to go to school (college/univeristies only). Still, it depends on the given schedule.

(Tonith)

I'm also not sure about the ghost with no face but every year, this GHOST usually shows up at a given time and date but with no particular room/floor to appear.

* Thank you all for having an interest in reading my story... Have a blessed day ahead! *
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
I don't think you can suffocate in an elevator from what I have read. They are not air tight. What I do think can happen is panic and fear which restricts the breathing. I don't think this person died of suffocation but sheer terror if we take into consideration that the story is not an urban legend. As far as the music playing that I believe. It could have been the spirit of the girl who choked to death. The student with no face? I have a bit of a hard time with that one but not saying it's impossible. No rule that says a ghost has to have a face.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
eris29, I must have misunderstood. Thank you for clearing it up a bit, but just curious, are there normally classes on Saturday? There usually aren't at schools in the US, so I'm curious...:) Some pretty freaky events indeed...
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
Thankyou for sharing your story. Intense! People die in the oddest of circumstances, and it rarely makes sense to the living. Sometimes, there just isn't any rational explanation, but the human mind will question and question it-even when there are no answers...Blessings, Ghostseer
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
First of all, I HATE elevators! Why do things like this occur on elevators? Isz it maybe because of the cramped space? All the power to operate them? I don'tt know, but I too have had my share of misfortune or... Whatever you want to call it wit elevators!

Did your sister remain for long at this place?

God Bless!
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
Hi!

Kindly re-read the part of my story:

"The reason for the hauntings was a student who died in suffocation. It was Saturday, around 6pm; she had used the elevator when the power switch had turned off. She was trapped and cried for help, no one rescued her. Sunday, no classes. Monday morning, she was found dead, suffocated." - it was not sundqay, it's SATURDAY... 😊

Well, I don't have any idea on what choked the girl, a big piece of food, maybe? Hehe! No worries, I will ask my sister again.

Some stories maybe considered as an urban legend but I don't think that in any part of this story will be considered as one of such.

Thank you.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
Hm...I'm not sure about how much of this is true. Some of the stories sound like urban legends. I would think that most school buildings are closed on Sundays unless there are staff in the building, so I don't understand how a girl could be using the elevator on a Sunday. I think the story of your sister having the computer turn on and the music play sounds plausible, my only question is how did the girl in the photo shoot die of choking? What did she choke on?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: