You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted University And Dormitory

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted University And Dormitory

 

I'll start off by giving a short background about the university and the dormitory. The university was founded in 1901 during the American occupation of the Philippines. It was the institution that the Thomasites built to train Filipino educators. The dormitory for girls was said to be built around the same time. Now, the old teachers said that the dormitory was once used as a hospital during the war and that explains why the kitchen of the canteen downstairs have a very wide white table in the middle (because it was used as a morgue).

Occupants of the dormitory called the dormitory "Normal Hell" because of the possession incidents that happened there. Some dormers claim that during the wee hours, they hear footsteps and metal chains. They also claim to see Dante, a ghost.

During daytime, even if there are a lot of people waiting inside the bathroom, you will experience "playful things" such as turning on and off of faucets, flushing toilets, and turning on and off of light switches. I, for one, in my four years of staying there, have my own share of these incidents.

One afternoon, during my freshman year, I was sleeping alone in our room when I heard footsteps. I got up thinking that my roommates came in but when I opened my eyes, I saw no one. Then I tried to go back to sleep and I heard the footsteps again. That was the time I felt scared and I panicked and I don't know what to do! I got the broom and closed the door and I sat in my bed holding the broom. I crazily thought of hitting whoever it was! Then I realized that it would just be futile since ghosts could not feel the pain if I hit it. But the footsteps went away.

Another incident was when I was in my senior year. There were only three of us in the room, one was E who was reading on her bed. The other was B who was sitting on her bed next to mine. I didn't know I was having a nightmare because in my dream, I am in our room and wearing the same clothes. The weird thing is, there were my two classmates inside the room and they were putting curtains. In reality, they wouldn't be allowed there because they don't live in the dormitory. Then I "woke up." But that was just another dream. In my second dream, I saw the same thing except that the colors of the curtains were different. Then my alarm rang and that was the time I really woke up. I told B about my nightmare and she was scared. After I told her that, E ran toward us. She was so scared because her bed shook while she was reading. She said that she thought that maybe there was an earthquake but then she realized that it was not an earthquake because she could see all the other beds were not shaking. Then I asked her when the shaking happened and we found out that the shaking happened while I was having a nightmare. Then we all prayed together.

Another incident happened to my former roommate, A. She said that she slept on her side. She woke up in the middle of the night because someone tapped her shoulder hard. When she opened her eyes, an old woman in white was staring at her. She tried hard to go back to sleep after that. Another incident happened to another friend similar to A's experience except that when F opened her eyes, two old people were staring down at her. F said that they went away when she recited "I believe in God."

These were just some of hundred stories about the dormitory. I will tell you about the university on my next story.

Other hauntings by ladyknight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladyknight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-05)
MitoTakatori - I'm sorry, but due to our submission guidelines, we are unable to accept "third hand" stories. If you would like, you can suggest to the person who experienced them firsthand that they submit their story themselves.
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-04)
My lady: Thanks. I have many "paranormal" third hand stories to tell, but I don't know if it will be credited as "True Ghost Stories". Anyways, keep on posting!
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-04)
Hi!
Sds: That was the dream. Like a dream inside a dream. They actually got scared because the shaking of E's bed happened while I was having the dream. Talking about the dream itself, there is nothing scary about it.

MitoTakatori: I'm from Cavite.
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
My lady: Thanks for acknowledging it. I see. That is really creepy then. Hope to read more from you. May I just ask, where in Philippines are you residing? I am in Q.C.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hi ladyknight, I go with lady-glow in every aspect. There might even now be a lot of residual energy that could make you and others experience a lot of encounters. But you didn't explain what nightmares you had on those two occasions. Nightmares are just dreams and it might be because you might have slept thinking about the haunted dormitory and the experiences/stories people have told you about. But as lady-glow asked, why your roommates should get scared of your dream?

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Ladyknight: You may be right... I also believe in them but really I don't want to experience them. They are those spirit who didn't got freedom from ghost entity... So I find it little painful... But really don't want to experience them... ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Sheetal: Hahahaha! I believe souls and ghosts let humans experience them when the person experiences the extremes of emotions. Hope that helps to help you "avoid" them. ๐Ÿ˜‰
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
To Ladyknight... NOOOOO...! I never want to experience ghost... Never ever... I'll die... If I experienced such thing... ๐Ÿ˜จ ๐Ÿ˜จ ๐Ÿ˜จ
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Sheetal: Do not wish for experiencing it yourself. You might regret being haunted everyday of your life. Hahahaha! But when time comes that you get to experience some supernatural events, eventually you will get used to it. ๐Ÿ˜Š
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
MitoTakatori: Thanks for calling me "my lady." I appreciate the curtsy. It's PNU. Actually an installment of the film Shake Rattle and Roll was filmed there. An actor said that he saw a ghost in the university library. And another actress said that she would not go back to place because of the goosebumps she got while staying there.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Hi, Ladyknight... Creepy story... I never experienced ghost myself but I can understand... Your fear at that time. Thanks for sharing with us... ๐Ÿ˜
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
My lady: I see. There are a LOT of pretty creepy universities and dormitories in our country. Can I know what is it's name? If it's okay?
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
MitoTakatori: No, actually UST was built during the Spanish occupation and that makes it around 300 years older than the university I am talking about. ๐Ÿ˜Š
That means, there are more stories from there. I have seen the place and I believe it is a perfect place where humans and supernatural entities share jokes and some chitchat. ๐Ÿ˜จ
ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Hi there, Lady-glow! No, the walls are not soundproofed and yes, we thought of those sounds being just echoes. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hahaha! The dormitory and the university have a lot of secrets and stories that even we, occupants, could not explain either. Most of us do not even remember the origins of those stories but I know for one thing that the two old structures were built strategically to survive the war.

The good news is that, the canteen was closed 3 years ago because a lot of students could not stand the dark ambiance of the place. ๐Ÿ˜œ
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Is it UST my lady? I heard coupple of stories from friends regarding it's haunted status. Thanks for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
Interesting story; though I do not understand the reason for your friends to get scared of your dream. ๐Ÿ˜•

There has to be a lot of residual energy accumulated over the years in a building that old, but perhaps some of the "activity" is due to more explainable causes. For instance, the sound of footsteps, -are the walls soundproofed? Could it be echo coming from another room or from the hallway?
What about the plumbing and electrical installations? Have they been upgraded over the years? That could explain the flickering lights.

But there has to be a lot of history within those old walls, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the previous residents didn't leave at all.
BTW -It would be awful to know your meals were prepared on the morgue's table, YUCK! ๐Ÿ˜จ

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: