You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Office

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Office

 

Year 2003-2006, I worked as a Data Encoder in one of the oldest building in Binondo (so called Chinese community) when I had most of the ghostly experiences in my life. I was new at the company and very excited because it was my first job. My shift starts at 8:30am-5: 30pm. I used to go to the bathroom and fixed my self first before going to my cubicle and do loads of work until my shift ends. In this case, I don't have any time for spooky encounters or to listen to what my officemates usually do.

Let me give you a short description of the bathroom, before you reached the bathroom area, you need to pass a small hallway and at the front door, there's a plant that was given by the famous NOSTRADAMUS OF THE PHILIPPINES-JOJO ACUIN (My boss's friend). We had a single bathroom and the door was kind of transparent that you can see the form of the person outside of it. Once you enter the bathroom, at left side, there's a big oval-shaped mirror, sink and there's a toilet bowl facing the door, on the right, there's a faucet and a pail, at the top is the shower. (really small).

Now, my first encounter was around 5:30-5:45pm (bathroom area), I spent 15 minutes after my shift to the bathroom just fixing my self! Hehe! But that day changed my bathroom routine. While I was peeing, I heard a knock outside and I saw a human shadow about 5'9" tall. At first I thought it was one of the receptionist, since she was the tallest of us all. I said "Wait Ma'am Evs, I am peeing!"...No one answered. Then, another knock. I got irritated and said "Wait, I'm not done yet, wait for your turn, ok!".

Then the knocking stopped, still, there's the shadow outside and somewhat, waiting for his/her turn. Then, my moment was done, I opened the door and no one was there, only the plant! Well, I'm not scared because I thought she got bored and waited for me outside instead or maybe it's just the reflection of the plant but the KNOCKINGS gave me a second thought. So, I went to the reception area and asked her, "Ma'am, are you the one who's been knocking in the bathroom?" She replied "No; I'm here at my desk, never moved!". Then, I asked the rest of the employees, I also got the same answer, "No one has moved to go to the bathroom since were not going home yet". That's when I got spooked and asked them, "Then, who's the tall person who knocked me there, 2 times?"...They just smiled at me.

At first, I just thought it was some kind of a joke but Beth (one of the pioneer encoder) told me that she used to stay there too for about 15-20minutes after shift but when somebody had locked her for about 30min, she swore not to go there alone specially after shift. I told her, maybe one of the employees wants to tease her but all of them at that day confessed that no one has ever done that and it's impossible for the door to be locked since she's in control of it inside. No one heard her scream until one of the employees went to check on the lights before closing and noticed that the bathroom lights are still on. Thank god! Someone noticed!

Second encounter was when there's a nationwide blackout! After lunch, I went to the bathroom and took a rechargeable lamp with me and locked the door to do my 5min. Routine. Yes, you heard it right, from 15mins went down to 5mins. While I'm having a toothbrush, the lights flickered; I mean not the rechargeable light, the one that was on the ceiling! I felt weird but happy because I thought that they were fixing the electric supply and there will be lights soon! So I ignored it. Then, before I reached the doorknob, I felt like someone was looking at me from the mirror followed by a light wind passed over me and the lights flickered again.

This time, I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone in that area and it's really impossible for the wind to get in because I haven't opened the door yet and there's still no electricity. I opened the door immediately and ran. Afterwards, I still asked my officemates just to make sure if someone was fixing the electricity, they all said "none! Besides, it's a nationwide blackout and the main box was switched off so it's really impossible for the lights to flicker!"... Well, they have a point!

Third encounter, around 3:15pm, I went to the bathroom again to have a pee break. I opened the door and went out but the weird thing is when I already reached the hallway, I heard a flowing sound of water coming from the faucet. I went back to check and surprise! The faucet was opened! As far as I remember, I have never opened the faucet when I got there because the toilet is an auto-flush and there's no reason for me to open it. I'm very sure of that!

Afterwards, I went to see one of the helpers to check on the faucet if there's any problem, but he checked and told me that "Ma'am, this faucet is in good condition, no problem at all and you need to turn it on first before the water flows, maybe you forgot to turn it off when you went out!" I replied, "That's my point, I never opened it for the fact that I don't need to open it". He replied "Eh ma'am, baka napaglalaruan ka lang ng mga elemento dito" ("well ma'am, maybe you're just being played/goofed around by the entities living in this area?") Then I said "Naku manong, tara na nga, tinatakot mo na talaga ako nyan eh!" ("Ok, you're scaring me too much, let's go!") We both went out.

Fourth Encounter, Computer Room. My boss held a mini celebration that day. After the party, my boss went home and the only ones left were Beth, Dana, and me. Since Beth bought a new cell phone, we tested the video function. Beth decided to take a video of the whole room to show it to her family. We tried to video each of our own cubicle all the way to my boss's desk. The weird thing is, we captured a human form sitting on my boss's chair with a yellow shirt! We went back again but no one's there. We replayed the video again and there's really someone sitting on that chair! We ran outside as fast as we could!

The next day, we showed it to other secretaries. Some got scared; others had a theoretical explanation about it. Anne (one of the secretaries) said: "Maybe it's just a reflection of the light?" Dana replied: "That's impossible. How can a reflection of light be in a human form? Besides, the room's paint color is white and the boss's chair is red and the desk is brown. It's really impossible to get a reflection of a human form and us three took the video." -Discussion ended! -

Fifth encounter... Monday morning, we all know that it will be such a busy day for all of us. But this Monday morning is very different. No one wants to work before lunch time specially US (encoders)...Dana went out and we just thought that she forgot to close the door but we noticed that the door keeps opening and closing on its own as if there's someone tries to go in and out of the room. It is impossible for the door to act on that way because it was made with NARRA (thick-heavy-good quality wood). The door continuously moved on it's own, we decided to go out, all of us, and we were really scared.

I told my boss about the haunting in the bathroom and in the computer room. I asked him about the history of the place but he just smiled at me and said, "Some things should not be told". I am very disappointed. Up until know, even if I'm not with the company anymore, I still want to know more about it.

I will be happy to share other stories that I have encountered for the past years. Thank you for reading! Feel free to post a comment.

Other hauntings by eris29

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eris29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

william_tell (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
i think your boss has a reason why he is not telling you what happened and all of the employees there. I don't want to comment any further, I think I know what happened, just a thought and I'm also from the Philippines
jhezreel (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-15)
do you still have the video? I really want to see it! And I enjoy reading your stories. It really scared me...:) ๐Ÿ˜Š
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(whitebuffalo)

Thank you so much for the interest. I also would want to know about the place. They only keep records of the famous places that had so many paranormal incidents. Unfortunately, my previous office was not so famous about the happenings and if it was, it will never get the attention of the media since my boss wanted to keep it a secret.
At that time, my boss was my last resort. But when I asked him the question and tried to insist, I saw that he was really determined not to tell me about IT.: (

Thank you so much and Godbless you.
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(ghostseer)

Well, most of the chinese people specially the businessmen doesn't want some paranormal news or extraordinary stories to spread about. They prioritize majorly in business and once you tried to tell them about these stuffs, they will surely give you a look... A smile... Or they will think that it would bring them badluck.

Thanks for the comments.:)
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(rhodes68)

I really wished to know more about the building's history too. But too late for now.

Thannks you so much for the posts.:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
What about libraries? Do they keep records there, or in any of the court buildings?
I am sorry, I am really unfamiliar with the Philippines, and I am really trying to figure out how you could research this.
I know I would want to know.
I can imagine that Jojo Acuin is a bit off. I have often times thought that should I meet someone of his station, I might just make an idiot of myself๐Ÿ˜†. Wait a minute, I do that WITHOUT needing the added help. Ah, to shake his hand...
Thank you.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
I enjoyed your story. It's a shame you cannot find out more about the building. So sorry your boss, etc decided erasing the video would be wise, but you cannot change the actions. No looking back, but what an interesting memory!. Blessings, Ghostseer
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Hi eris and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

It sounds like some people know more about the man in the yellow blouse but are unwilling to talk about him. I guess spreading the "rumour" around can hurt business but I wish you'd dig into it a bit more even if you don't work there anymore.
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
Thank you dreamergal72. Sorry but there's no way I can find the cause of the hauntings. Based on my experiences, I thought that the place was haunted by different entities. Not really sure though.:p
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
Yes. Whitebuffalo. I already met him so many times because he's one of the childhood friend of my boss. Very nice person but kind'a weird. I remember the day of my final interview with the company, he was there. He shaked hand with me and said: "Don't worry, you will get the job!"...and after a week, I did! ๐Ÿ˜
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
Yep. That's why up until now, it frustrates me not to know the whole story of the place. The best thing that I can think of is to ask the owner of the building but that is NOT SO possible here.Beside,the owner was already deceased. Have no idea of who took care the records. Most of the Filipinos have no concerns on any paranormal activities unless the place is very famous of having so.: (
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
Hi I agree with whitebuffalo about search the background of the building of your ex work to looking up and find why and what cause things going on and I enjoy your story thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
Oh, by the way, have you had the honor of meeting JOJO Acuin, yourself?
Thanks again.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
What a shame.
You mean to say that you can not "surf the net" of such things over there? I am so sorry. I do not know what I would do without the ability to do so. I get so frustrated in busy places, and for me to stand in line at the clerks office just about drives me insane! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Are the records kept, just not on line, or are records few and far between?
Thank you.
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
Hi whitebuffalo! I tried to get the video from Beth but she refused to give it to me and erased it because my boss's asked to. He sadi that it must be kept secret between all of us because he's a chinese and he was scared that whatever entity that we caught on the video can harm his whole company. Another reason why he refused to give me the whole and real story behind those hauntings. About the records, here in the philippines, it's really hard to get such old files and news online. I don't know why. (i'm very dissapointed ๐Ÿ˜ข). The only thing that I gathered is just a gossip, which I'm skeptical about it, is that the owner of the building was the one who haunts the whole building... I think the building was haunted with different entities.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Also looking forward to read more of your stories...cheers!
whitebuffalo (guest)
-1
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
I tell you, I would really love to get a look of that video, all you would have to do is send it in and ask for it to be submitted to your story. The link should be on the e-mail you received telling you that your story was up for editing, or that it had been published here.
Seeings how you are no longer with the company, why do you not research through the newspapers or court records and library to see what there may be about the building. It sounds like it is almost "common knowledge" about this being, so there SHOULD be some documentations somewhere.
Thank you and Welcome.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: