You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Singing War Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Singing War Ghost

 

My new house seemed fine at first until a week later. It started out by me playing on the computer when I heard a singing voice which sounded like a boy singing an old song almost like a happy war song. I didn't really pay attention to it at first but it got louder as the minutes past and it really started to freak me out. I have had many ghost experiences so I searched Guam's history. It turns out that Guam had a war with the Japanese.

About a month later I was babysitting my brother and after I put him to bed I saw a blue light in the shape of a boy and I saw it go down the hall way into my brother's room and I got scared because I still didn't know if the entity was good or bad.

I followed it and saw it lean over my brother's bed and sing the same song but in a sadder voice. I felt bad because it sounded like it was crying and when I finally decided to breathe (because I was holding my breath) it turned, looked at me and disappeared.

Then when I started to listen to my IPod and I saw my head phones moved a little so I turned it off thinking nothing of it. When I came back it was on and the music was playing louder than the volume could go, so that freaked me out a little.

The next day I heard the same war song but I could sort of hear gun shots in the back ground and there was one that was louder than the others and the singing just stopped.

Then when I was on my bed I saw the blue light in my mirror, but this time I could actually see the boy's face and clothes so the light was surrounding him, and saw it holding something that looked like a person that looked the same age as the boy, but it was limping and it just fell.

I saw the blue light go into red and the face seemed sad and angry at the same time, and then it was gone. Neither of my parents is seeing these things and my brother is complaining that someone keeps crying in his room.

I think the boy is stuck in war time and my brother does look like the kid that was limping. So I think my brother reminds him of the limping boy who was his friend.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, boredghost247, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dorkia671 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
If he was a chamorro boy then he was probably singing "Uncle Sam" it was a song that my people sang when they were invaded by the Japanese and waiting for Americans to come and rescue them.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
hiiiii when you see the spirits its fine and did you seee anything abnormal like colored outlines as specified by devious angel reply
Scary boy
boredghost247 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
ChrisB- I'm not sure if it did see me or just happened to turn around at that time and disappear.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
You mention in your story that when the apparition of the boy heard your breath exhalation, it looked up and disappeared. You also mention this apparition was leaning over your brother as he slept. This sounds like and intelligent haunting rather than residual. Residual is more of an imprint in time, the occurances repeat a specific time and occurance, regardless of the out come, It appears this apparition is very well aware that you are there.

My reason for saying all of this is that perhaps you can get the boy (s) to move on. Tell them to cross over to peace where there is no more war, there is no more limping and they can rest, unafraid.

Please jkeep us posted.

I will say a prayer for the boys...

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Thank you for answering me, Boredghost.
So, this Limping boy was in the arms of the young boy that you heard singing, and then later humming.
I have a theory, not solely mine, but I am not really at liberty to share with you who else has been discussing this story with me.
MANY wars ago (I do not live in Guam, I have to "pull up" the stories of the wars here) young children were used as messengers. Their main job was to run the "lines" and deliver word that was passed onto them, to pass on to others. Small children were used, as MOST adults have a REAL HARD TIME hurting a child.
As YOUR singer had a "friend" (I can only assume, he WAS holding the other boy) perhaps they were runners together and the one may have been injured doing his job.
ALSO (just a bit of history spliced into this) SOME songs were actually written as the message itself.
Just another thought on this.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
Excuse me, just for a moment, Boredghost.

Hello DeviousAngel,
A few titles to look up MAY be "America, I love you", "Goodbye Broadway, Hello France", "Liberty Bell", "Over There". The TEMPO is "up", "bouncy", though some of the words are hard to hear with out the teardrops falling. My personal favorite? "PS, I love you".
Nothing quite like the letters from home...
You are welcome. Happy searching.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
whitebuffalo--I will have to look up some of these songs you're talking about! I honestly haven't heard any and I'm very interested. Thank you for the info!

Blessings,

DA
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
WOW what an interesting experience you had. But to that it had to be scary. Hearing gun shots is enough! I agree that this does sound like a residual but I'm not sure. Did this spirit notice you? Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
That is a very sad story. I think it may be residual, then again though, he went into your little brother's bedroom so he could be an intelligent haunting, but shy some what.
boredghost247 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
whitebuffalo-I think that he chose to hum because I could hear gunshots in the back ground, as I said, and when the one that was louder was when I think he died. So my guess is that he died at that moment so the singing stopped or when the "limping boy" incident happened. I haven't heard anything new but I hear the singing often.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
I would have to agree on residual haunting as well. If the ghost looked at you but made no indication that it saw you chances are it's just residual. I think you just saw the circumstances of a traumatic time and place because you are sensitive. War is hell and war is sad. When will we ever learn?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
OH! OK. Thank you, boredghost.
That is rather interesting that he would choose to hum one day, but sing on another. Have you seen him since?
Thank you.
boredghost247 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
DeviousAngel- That was the only time that I saw the light outline and it was on a ghost. I haven't reashered my property yet but I am planing to so I will imform you when I have.
boredghost247 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
whitebuffalo- The music from "the next day" it was kind of like a humming noise. Also I don't know why the boy was limping, the "vision" just started by the singing ghost carrying him.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Oh, sure there were LOTs of peppy ("Happy") war songs! Here in the U.S. We had Harry Pease, Ed G. Nelson, Reidy Reid, Sylvia Fine (Danny Kaye's wife) all wrote peppy, "make 'em happy" songs to cheer the troops and those at home, alike. They were created to pull the country together. To give the citizens something to hold onto when they could not hold onto the one that went to war.
I am going to show my age here, but MAN, now THOSE were SONGS!
"The next day", when the music was still there, but the song was not. Do you mean that it was now an instrumental? You had heard an accompaniment along with the boy singing at first? Or was it humming? I am lost there.
Also, the "limping boy"?
Thank you.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Wow...I wonder, do you see colored outlines around the living too, or is it only spirits? I'm wondering this because you may be a "Reader," that is, someone who can see and read auras. That aside, I'm curious as to what a "happy war song" sounds like. Most war songs aren't really happy, except for the creepy little children's songs like "Peas Porridge." It's really hard to say what this might have been, but it sounds more residual than anything. I think you may be right about your brother reminding the boy of his friend. Have you researched the property you live in? Try that, you might come up with something.

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: