You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Man In The Window

Real Ghost Stories

Man In The Window

 

This occurrence happened when I was a younger kid. I was in elementary school, probably about sixth grade. Me, my little sister and our neighbors Brittany and Brandon were sitting in my screened-in porch off of my kitchen of the house. There is a glass sliding door which leads to the porch.

My parents were outside mowing the lawn and doing yard-work, so nobody else was in the house. We were all sitting around a table on the porch, and we heard a noise which appeared to a tap at the window. At the same time we all looked and we saw a man in the window.

The man appeared to be in a younger age maybe 20-30. His appearance was in a white-like manner so it wasn't the normal kind of guy. He was dressed in what appeared to be an army uniform or something of that nature.

Now from this I can't recall if we screamed or not, but at an instant this guy was gone. We all asked each other if we saw the same thing and we all agreed we did see the same thing. This was truly a weird experience.

Now from what I hear, people experience more paranormal sightings at a younger age, I am 18 now. I will never forget what I saw.

Other sightings I've seen:

As a little kid I would sometimes see a black cat in my room in the dark. When I'd see it, I would turn on the light next to my bed and nothing was there. My bedroom door was always open and a nightlight in the hallway would offer a little bit of light so that I could make certain things out.

My family never owned a black cat. This was just strange and my little sister just said something about it the other day when we were talking about things we have saw when we were younger. This was weird that we have both experienced the cat.

Yet again, as a younger kid, my sister and I would hear footsteps in the attic late at night. The only way of getting to my attic is through a pull-down door in the ceiling. My attic stretches the length of my house but has a low ceiling which I would have to duck down to walk in now.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed my three short stories of my experiences. I totally believe that ghosts are real and my best friend's great grandmother is Lorraine Warren, who is a famous ghost hunter. She is truly an awesome lady.

Well I have not experienced paranormal activity for a while now, just a bump in the night once in awhile. I have seen a total of two or three ghosts. I'm not sure if the other two I witnessed were the same.

But anyway comment as you would like-this is my first story I submitted.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Graeffy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
1. Did you ever tell your parents about the experience?

2. Did you find out if a soldier had ever lived at the house or the property, or if there was an incident in the past involving a soldier?
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
This has nothing to do with your story Tyler but I would like to pay you a compliment. It is refreshing to hear (from a younger individual) a person aged 30 not considered older than dirt. I hear so many younger people these days talking as if people in their 30's are "old". Thanks dude, you rock!
IMABELIEVER (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
you know I believe you because I've had my own experiences. And about the cat. Now that's a first for me, I never knew that pets can come back to haunt you... 😨 😆
Graeffy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
yeah I have no idea but, I think the man might have been my mom's dad. He is not blood related but she was adopted so that makes him my grandpa. He was in the air force and died at a very young age between 30-40 in a car crash. Maybe it was him just checking up on us?
JaimeLuv (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
I think it's great that you and your sister experienced the same thing with the black cat. It's nice to have someone who knows what you're talking about.

Perhaps the man and the cat belonged to each other? Maybe the man lived in your house before he died and is having a little trouble moving on. And his faithful cat is just keeping him company? 😁

Good story!
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
😭 yes, you are probably correct because ghosts won't stay more than 15 minute steadily, and balck cat may be of YOUR relatives or others, its the "GHOST PET"
Graeffy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
yeah, if I ever see the guy again ill try saying something but I haven't seen him since... As far as the cat, I'm not scared:P its fine to roam around and feel comfortable in my house
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
I do believe that you have a spirit in your house. It may be just lonley and wants some attention. The man may need to be set free, so you could try talking to him and ask him what he wants if you see him again. Unless, if you feel evil from him. Leave him alone if you feel bad, or evil coming from him.

As for the cat, he probably does not know that he is dead. Or he thinks that he has only used eight of his lives and used nine! 😆 Ha, sorry that was pretty cheesy. But anyways, the cat probably isn't harming anything and you cannot talk to a cat, let alone a ghost cat, so the only thing that you can do there is just let him roam around freely.

I hope everything turns out okay. If you have any questions, email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Merry Christmas! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: