You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts In My Residential Hostel

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts In My Residential Hostel

 

This is my scary experience when I was studying my undergraduate course in India.

It was the year 2003, I was studying in andhrapradesh, a state in India. First let me describe the hostel I was staying in. The Hostel is isolated from the city and has to one travel about 40 minutes in the outskirts to reach our college. This experience happened on the first day of my college admission.

It was around 5pm. My parents left so I was not accompanied with my roommates. Due to heavy pain, I started walking to the toilets. Since it is the very first day the campus looked deserted. My heart started pounding due to the fact that no one was around me. Slowly I opened the toilets door. No lights. I was shocked. I heard some one tapping outside the door and within minutes the door was locked, I felt scared and was shaking with fear, out of no where I heard some one calling "kiiii...ran, kiii... Ran "bewildered I banged the door. But since no one was there outside, no one opened the door, still the sound continued even I am puzzled to hear my name being said by ghost. No one believed me. They treated me like I was mad.

To this day I do not go to those toilets I go in the other floor in campus. I'll write my other experience in other post

Other hauntings by kiran5070

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kiran5070, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-12)
I have heard about ghosts calling names and it is very common, its just that you don't have to respond to them. And the other thing about the phone call, it may be done by some notorious spirit that resides in your hostel and maybe he choosed you because you might be sensitive towards these things. You should ask others if they have experienced something like this. I think you should probably ask the peons and watchman they mostly know most of the secrets hidden. And you should never go to some desserted place alone if anyone calls you and if you feel anything weird about it because it can take a toll of your life. Becarefull and thank you for your story:)
Denice_engti (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-20)
Good touch to your story. I think you watch too much bollywood horror movies. Thats why those things were ringing on your mind.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
I heard some one tapping outside the door and within minutes the door was locked...

After that, You did not mention how did you get out from the 'Locked' bathroom...?
kratosdgodofwar (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
that was really scary, I know that people generally don't believe in it until they get a proof i.e. By their own experiance. Even I had an incident and no one believed they thought I m trying to scare them. But I believe u.hope to read more from u
TAKE CARE.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
hey shiva same thing repeats here and I have already said when surya asked the pain because I have to urinate since after long journey and is not a kind of stress and iam kiranchandra and this is my another account because that is banned by some foolish persons and made me violating. Well you can share the material to kiran_chandra07 [at] yahoo.com.tell me yours also 😊
Now originated as
Scary boy
Shiva (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
One more thing...
As you are willing to research on this subject, may I have the liberty of getting in touch with you via e-mail and share some of my material with you?

Do let me know...

Godspeed S.
Shiva (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
Hi Kiran,

Read your post which directed me to this story. I guess our hostels are haunted... 😁

Well I could not understand one thing... You were in great pain so you started for the toilets... What pain was it?
I mean was it a headache or something you had? Because if it was then it is possible that your mind was under stress being your first day of your hostel and you being alone in a new place...

These are just point of views I have. But please ellaborate about the pain...

Take care,
Godspeed S.
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
no friends, how can I make friends such fast on my admission date?

Fears and shivers in me,
Kiranchandra
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
thank you for all your comments! The pain in my stomach was due to travelling more distance before from home and fill up of bladder nothing more than that! 😁
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
Not to make light of your incident, but are you sure none of your friends were having a go at you?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Did you have other experiences at thiks place or was it limited to this? Did any one else you made aquaintance with have any experiences?

God Bless!
shaishav34 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Thats really scary to live in such a place!

I am waiting for your other post to know about your further experience.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Well I've been in pain but I never heard my name called out so I don't know if pain had anything to do with this experience. On the other hand you were in a new phase of your life and alone in a strange place and your parents just left and you were not feeling well which could have been very real factors leading up to a very surreal kind of experience. Have you ever heard anyone else talk about weird things happening in that bathroom? Is it possible its haunted? Could be. It's hard to speak to others about this kind of thing without feeling like you are under the "mad" microscope but you are not alone. Many people have experiences they can't explain. Here on this site people will listen and try to help. You are among friends.
jazzi001 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
then what you did after this incident. Please email me on fahadzafar001 [at] yahoo.com
jazzi001 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
hi

I read your story very carefully and great interest. I am very fearful after heart this story. I am praying for you kiran
Putheara (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
This little experience of yours I can relate to because when I was younger, ghosts that I grew up with seemed to call people's names a lot, and as always, the elders would tell us to not respond due to superstitous reasons. Your story is very creepy indeed...;O I'll be working on my stories soon as I have plenty of them to tell.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
That was a pretty creepy experience for you!

I agree with Surya, though. Could it have been a Hallucination? Maybe it was, but maybe it was not.

If you have any questions, email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Take care! ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Hi and welcome to YGS.

I read your story with great interest. Please tell me if I am prying, but what sort of pain where you in? Could it be that you were in such pain that you were hearing yourself in your head calling your name. It is not uncommon that when a person is ill or in such pain they start Hallucinating.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: